collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 403308 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #840 on: February 21, 2018, 03:37:43 AM »
When I was younger sister and I bought every pony we didn't have from carboot sales, irrespective of the condition. We split them between us. We;re still pretty completionist but there are ponies she has that I don't and vice versa. So if it's a pony she already has, I might choose to get it too, but I might not. And vice versa. We both have Twist and Bright Eyes TE and so on, but Naynie has Crumpet and Munchy and I have Buttons and Twilight. I guess my unpopular opinion is that rather than having just my collection, I feel like I'm a partner in three collections - my own, my sister's, and the childhood collection I adopted from my friend when she decided to part with them. Together they make one collection, but can also be enjoyed separately or in smaller groups. And I don't feel any need to get Crumpet or Munchy, even though I'm a completionist at heart, because as far as I'm concerned, the collection already has them. MLP would not be so much fun for me if my sister and I hadn't played together with them from the start.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 21, 2018, 07:45:14 AM »
When I was younger sister and I bought every pony we didn't have from carboot sales, irrespective of the condition. We split them between us. We;re still pretty completionist but there are ponies she has that I don't and vice versa. So if it's a pony she already has, I might choose to get it too, but I might not. And vice versa. We both have Twist and Bright Eyes TE and so on, but Naynie has Crumpet and Munchy and I have Buttons and Twilight. I guess my unpopular opinion is that rather than having just my collection, I feel like I'm a partner in three collections - my own, my sister's, and the childhood collection I adopted from my friend when she decided to part with them. Together they make one collection, but can also be enjoyed separately or in smaller groups. And I don't feel any need to get Crumpet or Munchy, even though I'm a completionist at heart, because as far as I'm concerned, the collection already has them. MLP would not be so much fun for me if my sister and I hadn't played together with them from the start.

I think that's awesome and unique to be honest.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 21, 2018, 09:41:57 AM »
I'm kind of the same way. With g3 ponies as a ki, my sister and I had a few of the same ponies, but with g1 ponies, if she had a pony, I didn't need it. She gave me all but 4 of her G1s and it feels weird to have them since they were HER childhood ponies, but she as Medley, Baby Paws, Spike, and Baby Northstar, so I don't want my own of them. Also, since we together have all of the storebought year 1 g3 ponies, that's close enough for mem
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 22, 2018, 06:58:27 AM »
I only like G1 ponies. I kind of hate the rest. I think I might be old and too set in my ways to accept anything which doesn't look like the ponies of my childhood. :D

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 22, 2018, 08:12:31 AM »
I hate braiding hair. I like long, flowing hair. I mean, small braids are fun to do, but braiding tails or manes is a last resort neccesity for me, because it means the hair refuses to be managed.

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 22, 2018, 09:00:17 AM »
I don’t like the inclusion of yaks, hippogriffs, etc, in FiM.  I don’t like all these different species in a thing called My Little *Pony*.

I agree. But for me, I would much rather them have sea ponies and flutter ponies in FIM instead of other species.

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 22, 2018, 11:42:05 PM »
I hate braiding hair. I like long, flowing hair. I mean, small braids are fun to do, but braiding tails or manes is a last resort neccesity for me, because it means the hair refuses to be managed.

I hear ya. I think braided hair on MLPs looks like a kid has played with the pony rather than a piece of a collection to display and care for.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #847 on: February 23, 2018, 04:54:00 AM »

I hear ya. I think braided hair on MLPs looks like a kid has played with the pony rather than a piece of a collection to display and care for.

I braid. Thus far all of my ponies who have experienced braiding have lived to tell the tale ;) but it does kink the hair. Mind you, I have a picture from a Hasbro catalogue where Brilliant Blossoms has clearly had her hair braided and then brushed loose. And she's the display model for the photographs. So if it's good enough for Hasbro...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 23, 2018, 06:58:51 AM »

I braid. Thus far all of my ponies who have experienced braiding have lived to tell the tale ;) but it does kink the hair. Mind you, I have a picture from a Hasbro catalogue where Brilliant Blossoms has clearly had her hair braided and then brushed loose. And she's the display model for the photographs. So if it's good enough for Hasbro...

To each their own. I recently had to braid Rainbowdash's tail because her hair is this dry, ratty, thin mess that looks awful even after being brushed.

Sapphire's mane is soft and silky but I swear it gets crazy flyaways shortly after I brush it.

That and I have this model horse whose frizz was so awful. Like I swear I could see it crawling up his tail after a long conditioning and brushing treatment, that he had to have it trimmed, which didn't help and finally braided. On the bright side, it matches his mane.

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #849 on: February 27, 2018, 07:59:16 PM »

oh my god yes. every now and then I'll put a braid in a pony but... tbh I can't remember the last time I did...... I like my ponies to have swirly soft curls in their tails and mane!

I confess: I don't like outer-space themed ponies. I mean I DO but, it's not a preference. Night Glider, Star Hopper, Moonstone.... all those planet and UFO symbols are not my fav.  but they're some of the most popular ponies!!
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 27, 2018, 09:51:40 PM »
I don't really care for Dream Castle as a playset. Though that one customizer who did hers up for the night ponies was amazing.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 28, 2018, 12:46:07 AM »
I don't really care for Dream Castle as a playset. Though that one customizer who did hers up for the night ponies was amazing.

I never cared much for any of the playsets. I know this will sound funny to a lot of people, but I've always felt all the MLP playsets (at least for G1 & G3) are just too small. I've never seen the playsets in person, but by looking at pictures it doesn't look Dream Castle or Paradise Estate would accommodate more than a few ponies. I'd love to hear how many adult ponies fit in these playsets from those who have them. 

Even if Hasbro had cut back on playset accessories to focus on just making the playsets bigger, that would have been preferable.

I know it may not have been logistical due to costs, space, etc.... But then again even a massive cardboard castle that could have been folded/disassembled would have been cool.

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 28, 2018, 01:02:00 AM »

I never cared much for any of the playsets. I know this will sound funny to a lot of people, but I've always felt all the MLP playsets (at least for G1 & G3) are just too small. I've never seen the playsets in person, but by looking at pictures it doesn't look Dream Castle or Paradise Estate would accommodate more than a few ponies. I'd love to hear how many adult ponies fit in these playsets from those who have them. 

Even if Hasbro had cut back on playset accessories to focus on just making the playsets bigger, that would have been preferable.

I know it may not have been logistical due to costs, space, etc.... But then again even a massive cardboard castle that could have been folded/disassembled would have been cool.

I've never seen Dream Castle in person, but Paradise Estate is fairly big in my opinion. I only have one third of it and it's really possible to insert a bunch of ponies in it. =D
Spoiler

---

Anyway, is that an unpopular opinion not to like the G3 Core poses ? I can't tell why, but they look off to me. =/
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 28, 2018, 04:42:51 AM »
Anyway, is that an unpopular opinion not to like the G3 Core poses ? I can't tell why, but they look off to me. =/

I'm not keen on the core G3 pose either; horse anatomy is not one of my strong points knowledge-wise but their front legs look kind of painful. Not sure if they are actually too far forward or not but they do look uncomfortable! D:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 28, 2018, 04:50:56 AM »
I feel this way about the Glory and Moondancer poses. They look like they are not as defined as the other official G1 poses, kinda like dough. I love Sunbeam's colors but on that mold she looks like a baby elephant.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal