collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 407561 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #795 on: January 31, 2018, 09:43:22 AM »
G3 animation is very pretty. I wish there'd been more depth of plot in G3. It is cute. Minty's Christmas whatever it is is probably the cutest,  but yeah. Saw something G3 recently (last summer) on TV when in Portugal. I speak no Portuguese and I could still follow what was happening. That means the plot is wayy too simple xD

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 31, 2018, 09:44:58 AM »
I think G3, especially the movies  (i.e. Princess Promenade) had the best animation out of all MLP cartoons.

I agree too!  To be fair though, G1 isn't really the kind of show that gets praise for its animation usually and G4 tends to be a matter of taste.  The G3 animation is pretty universally appealing looking.

Probably one of my biggest pet peeves with MLP toys is poses that have the legs fused to the body (Bubbles/Firefly pose in G1) or the legs fused together (some G2 poses) or the leg fused to itself (like the G2 Tipsy Tulip pose).  It's one nice thing about G3 and G4, as far as I'm aware neither generation did these things with the brushables.

Same here.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 31, 2018, 10:12:19 AM »
I think G3, especially the movies  (i.e. Princess Promenade) had the best animation out of all MLP cartoons.

The animation might be nice but I hate the G3 cartoons because the voices are so annoying.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 31, 2018, 12:56:27 PM »

The animation might be nice but I hate the G3 cartoons because the voices are so annoying.

G3 Minty's voice and dorky laugh is my favorite thing about the G3 movies. She is just such a geek, filled with personality. The voice work really conveys that, imo.

I really dislike G3 Pinkie's nasal tone and general attitude, tho. I kinda hate that both G3 and G4 Pinkie Pie have become the face for their respective gens because they are both annoying characters to me. Pony overload usually leads to me getting sick of that particular pony.

I wish we had more ponies with cute quirks instead of cartoonish insanity. The latter is more entertaining but the former is more endearing. Thistle Whistle's whistling was always cute to me. Or Minty collecting socks other ponies thought of as unimportant and weird.

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 01, 2018, 05:42:11 AM »
I really really want a reboot. I'm tired of FIM. I used to be obsessed with FIM but for some reason, I stopped loving FIM during the second season. I gave my massive amounts of FIM stuff away, now im exclusively collecting G1 again.

I just want my little pony to go back to being not-so cartoony looking. Something elegant but fun and magical where they actually look like horses.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 01, 2018, 05:49:53 AM »
I really really want a reboot. I'm tired of FIM.

Believe me, that's not an unpopular opinion here. A lot of us are looking forward to G5 and a possible redesign :)

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #801 on: February 02, 2018, 10:36:52 AM »
I actually think BBE babies are cute. Like their eyes give them that extra charm. Idk  :lol:

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 03, 2018, 04:24:00 PM »
Ok, just thought of another unpoular pony opinion of mine...

I think some ponies' symbols are too small (like G1 Hopscotch or G3 Crystal Lake) and a lot of G3 ponies seem to have symbols that are "something and nothing"...if that makes any sense  :lol:

For example, the symbols of G3 Amberlocks, Dazzle Surprise and Garden Glade leave me feeling that they could have been so much more; as if some ponies' symbols don't really do justice to their names.

I much prefer something bold like Shenanigans, Denim Blue or Sapphire Shores...

Just my thoughts anyway...
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 03, 2018, 10:27:12 PM »
Ok, just thought of another unpoular pony opinion of mine...

I think some ponies' symbols are too small (like G1 Hopscotch or G3 Crystal Lake) and a lot of G3 ponies seem to have symbols that are "something and nothing"...if that makes any sense  :lol:

For example, the symbols of G3 Amberlocks, Dazzle Surprise and Garden Glade leave me feeling that they could have been so much more; as if some ponies' symbols don't really do justice to their names.

I much prefer something bold like Shenanigans, Denim Blue or Sapphire Shores...

Just my thoughts anyway...

Yep, very true. A lot of G3s have symbols that just don't do them justice: Sunny Salsa, Blue Mist, Twirlerina, Sew-and-So, and Paradise Palms are some other examples that come to mind. Then there are a ton of G3s where it's like Hasbro just said, "Eh let's just put some flowers or butterflies on that pony's butt," like they struggled with ideas for symbols.

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 03, 2018, 10:37:21 PM »
Yes! I had several white g3 ponies that just had different generic heart symbols or flowers. Those were the first to go when I started thinning out.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 04, 2018, 05:45:45 AM »
I actually like the G3 Donkey pose.

I don't know why, but most of G3's pearly-like bodies do not sit well with me. Maybe it's someting that'll change once I see one by myself, but in photos, they look like faded away.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #806 on: February 04, 2018, 08:21:33 AM »

I love the Donkey Pose! It makes the ponies look really excited to me, like they're about to tell you something wonderful! :lol:

I have the goal to get every Donkey Pose pony, they're just so cute.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #807 on: February 04, 2018, 08:24:41 AM »

I love the Donkey Pose! It makes the ponies look really excited to me, like they're about to tell you something wonderful! :lol:

I have the goal to get every Donkey Pose pony, they're just so cute.

I just love that it's known as the donkey pose.

I also sort of agree on the pearly bodies on SOME g3 and not on others. It's a case by case basis for me.

But then I think I see G3 as a case by case basis also these days. I sold about 40 G3 ponies and don't miss any of them, but it doesn't mean I never buy any new G3 ponies. Weird.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 04, 2018, 08:45:40 AM »
I like some ponies in the donkey pose. Razzaroo, Bubblecup and Toboggan are exceptionally pretty and I would be glad to have them, but the pose bugs me.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 04, 2018, 09:24:34 AM »
I feel like Minty's only true pose had to be the Donkey pose.  It's perfect for her!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal