collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 407720 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #765 on: January 04, 2018, 11:15:12 AM »
Ponies like Heart throb, Pinkie Pie and Strawberry Surprise are waay too pink.

Pink body with magenta hair usually looks gross to me. But I love Strawberry Surprise! She's my exception from the norm.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 04, 2018, 11:17:07 AM »
Ponies like Heart throb, Pinkie Pie and Strawberry Surprise are waay too pink.

Pink body with magenta hair usually looks gross to me. But I love Strawberry Surprise! She's my exception from the norm.

She woulda looked cuter with dark green hair. She has a great symbol.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nenufar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • ireneroga.com
« Reply #767 on: January 04, 2018, 12:12:15 PM »
I like sweetheart princess ponies ^^

I don't like the Hair-do ponies (European pearlized version of three ponies with something weird that bends the hair ^^U )

In the beginnig, I was afraid of the Firefly/Sprinkes G1 pose. (Rearing pegasus). I don't know why. I even didn't bought any pony with that pose until some years ago. Now I'm OK  :lol:
Nenufar means Waterlily in Spanish ^vº
Porfolio | Instagram | Shop etc.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 05, 2018, 08:01:33 AM »
I'm cool with Daring Do being real in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  I like Al's alternative version where A.K. Yearling is a realistic portrayal of an archaeologist, who writes the Daring Do books on the side, and loosely bases them on what she's seen, or something, but I enjoyed "Daring Don't" and I liked Dave Polsky's explanation that he/they wanted to do something unexpected (I think, it's been a while).  I am fine with the idea of A.K. Yearling writing books about herself, despite it being a secret, because I view it as a sort of Clark Kent/Superman, thing (and yes, I know that newspapers are not fictional, like the Daring Do books are supposed to be, but it's enough of a comparison to me).
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 05, 2018, 11:18:14 AM »
I don't mind having ponies that aren't in mint condition. I think that ponies with play wear have much more personality to them and hold a very interesting story. I always wonder who the ponies were owned by, who bought them, if they were a gift, how they were played with, etc. I have a baby ballerina Pony with a star drawn in pen where her symbol would be if she had one, and I can't bear to try to fade it away. Whatever child owned her loved her so much that she gave her a symbol and I just can't take that away from the pony.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bewilderbeast

• Captain Jack Pony
  • contextual tomato consumption
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #770 on: January 05, 2018, 11:42:33 AM »
I don't mind having ponies that aren't in mint condition. I think that ponies with play wear have much more personality to them and hold a very interesting story. I always wonder who the ponies were owned by, who bought them, if they were a gift, how they were played with, etc. I have a baby ballerina Pony with a star drawn in pen where her symbol would be if she had one, and I can't bear to try to fade it away. Whatever child owned her loved her so much that she gave her a symbol and I just can't take that away from the pony.

Catch me crying in the club because this is so sweet :wail:
Call me Pixie!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 05, 2018, 12:04:12 PM »
Me too! Most of my ponies are from goodwill and aren't anywhere near mint so I would have to learn to deal with it anyway. That story is so precious!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #772 on: January 05, 2018, 12:36:29 PM »
I really like ponies who have names on the hooves. It makes me think of Toy Story 2. A lot of my childhood ones have my name on the hooves still. It's just sweet although a little sad too that that person grew up and no longer loved them.

Cue Jessie's song...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 05, 2018, 12:41:38 PM »
I really like ponies who have names on the hooves. It makes me think of Toy Story 2. A lot of my childhood ones have my name on the hooves still. It's just sweet although a little sad too that that person grew up and no longer loved them.

Cue Jessie's song...

I visciously remove things like that because I don't want the ponies to remember their former masters. I am the one and only overlord once they're in my realm :angry:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #774 on: January 05, 2018, 12:55:29 PM »

Cue Jessie's song...

I visciously remove things like that because I don't want the ponies to remember their former masters. I am the one and only overlord once they're in my realm :angry:

Really? I often wish I could ask my ponies about their former lives. It's interesting to me ;) especially ponies from other countries...since they would have shared adventures with their humans that would be totally different from mine :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 05, 2018, 01:15:18 PM »

Cue Jessie's song...

:snicker:

Offline Nenufar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • ireneroga.com
« Reply #776 on: January 06, 2018, 09:46:43 AM »

That's a lovely story! I have two nirvana baby ponies that are in a terrible condition, but I didn't repainted any erased eye or rerooted theyr hair or tail, I just cleaned them up and brushed the damaged hair, because I see that they have a past with some child who played a lot with them. They have a story on every mark, every erased symbol and every eye lost. Some kind of cute ancient treasure.
Nenufar means Waterlily in Spanish ^vº
Porfolio | Instagram | Shop etc.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 06, 2018, 09:55:13 AM »
I think each and every official G4 plush is ugly. The only ones that look nice are the BaB but I hate the nylon hair and costs.

That's why I got the Chinese factory ones on ebay who look show accurate and even have their marks on both sides.
Hasbro should have made them hand over the patterns before they sent a C&D. Their plushies looked super cute and had nice quality.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 06, 2018, 10:37:17 AM »
I think each and every official G4 plush is ugly. The only ones that look nice are the BaB but I hate the nylon hair and costs.

That's why I got the Chinese factory ones on ebay who look show accurate and even have their marks on both sides.
Hasbro should have made them hand over the patterns before they sent a C&D. Their plushies looked super cute and had nice quality.

They are ugly. It's a crying shame that other companies put more effort and quality into Hasbro's products then Hasbro does.

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 06, 2018, 01:23:16 PM »

Cue Jessie's song...
I hate you.I didn't want to cry today.
I love ponies that have been loved too, it just gives them personnality.I wish i could ask them all about their past too.I have an italian Glory with a half erased name on her hoof, and i just can't bring myself to erase it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal