collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404578 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #735 on: December 21, 2017, 05:56:53 PM »
With G4, I kinda hafta have gimmicks. They're mostly not worth owning otherwise. Impo.

I admit I only have Shine Bright Twilight Sparkle because her light up unicorn horn makes me laugh.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 21, 2017, 07:07:31 PM »
With G4, I kinda hafta have gimmicks. They're mostly not worth owning otherwise. Impo.

I admit I only have Shine Bright Twilight Sparkle because her light up unicorn horn makes me laugh.

Neat. Ididn't know there was one like that.

The few recurring characters that I have, are gimmicky.

Rainbowdash-Magic Scenes

Princess Luna-Her whole body lights up and has modes.

Princess Celestia-Water Cutie.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 07:56:42 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 22, 2017, 06:24:37 AM »
I don't care at all about this G5 leaked stuff :shrug:

I guess I don't care if G4 ends. It's been around for so long I have lost all attachment I once had to it. But I find it fun to speculate about how the next gen will look like and what to expect.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #738 on: December 23, 2017, 01:06:59 AM »

I got her in a lot of second hand G4 at a really knock down price, I bought the lot for Trixie and the original Cheerilee, both of whom I think are really pretty, and she amused me so ended up staying too. I had to look up what her set was though. Had no idea.

@Zapper, I generally agree. I don't mind if it continues or it ends. I just hope if it ends, the fad people will disappear and the pony community can actually be more of one community instead of divided like it currently is. There are lots of great G4 people here and I see them at ponycon as well. So I live in hope.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 23, 2017, 08:34:40 AM »

I got her in a lot of second hand G4 at a really knock down price, I bought the lot for Trixie and the original Cheerilee, both of whom I think are really pretty, and she amused me so ended up staying too. I had to look up what her set was though. Had no idea.

@Zapper, I generally agree. I don't mind if it continues or it ends. I just hope if it ends, the fad people will disappear and the pony community can actually be more of one community instead of divided like it currently is. There are lots of great G4 people here and I see them at ponycon as well. So I live in hope.
It'd be nice.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 24, 2017, 03:33:18 PM »
One I can think of is I don't think the TAF Babies are cute like everyone else does, and they are not on my top wanted list.

The MO babies that are cutest to me are Baby Sugarcake and Gametime. I know they are rare, but they don't seem super popular. I think they have the prettiest colors.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 25, 2017, 03:41:06 PM »
I LOVE the hair color "Electric Banana", it has a funny name and it's really bright and unusual, it pleases my eyes anyway. I goes so well on my Morning Glory, I just want to get every single pony with that hair color.  :lol:
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 26, 2017, 07:12:49 AM »
Can I just say, if people don't mind, that I am really glad that there are still be people here who can differentiate the different types of G4 fans.  As a brony who still has a nostalgic attachment to the name, but also one that loves the older generations, it is nice to know that I am not automatically assumed to be one of the "fad people", and that there is awareness that good G4 fans exist.  Thank you.  :)
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 29, 2017, 03:02:49 AM »
I don't like Mimic's twinkle eyes, I wish she had the normal eyes. Luckily I might get a bait Majesty and turn her into a non Twinkleeyed Mimic.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 29, 2017, 07:05:17 AM »
One I can think of is I don't think the TAF Babies are cute like everyone else does, and they are not on my top wanted list.

The MO babies that are cutest to me are Baby Sugarcake and Gametime. I know they are rare, but they don't seem super popular. I think they have the prettiest colors.

I love the Taf babies and really have a couple of favorites.  I don't own any though.  One thing that bothers me is Baby Sugarberry's hair color. It is wrong, wrong and triple wrong.  That little pony needs the same awesome hair as the adult version.  MO I would still want her though because I love Sugarberry in general.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 29, 2017, 08:10:40 AM »

I love the Taf babies and really have a couple of favorites.  I don't own any though.  One thing that bothers me is Baby Sugarberry's hair color. It is wrong, wrong and triple wrong.  That little pony needs the same awesome hair as the adult version.  MO I would still want her though because I love Sugarberry in general.

She doesn't?

Offline Bewilderbeast

• Captain Jack Pony
  • contextual tomato consumption
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #746 on: December 29, 2017, 09:50:40 AM »
I'm probably just going to say a lot of things people have already said, but here goes...

- I loathe Mimic. She's overpriced and overhyped, and for some reason my first thought on seeing her "wow, snooty", which isn't something I feel with Milky Way
- I'm looking forward to G5 immensely and I really hope they decide to go with all new ponies, because I'm tired of the Mane Six
- I would happily deflock even a mint So-Soft because I hate the texture and the way it dulls their colours
- I love G2 a LOT
- I didn't know about the Sweetheart Sisters until three years ago and I fell in love with them all. I love their poses and daintiness and I feel like they complete the pony lifecycle, between baby ponies and adult ponies
- The German baby ponies need more love (but they also don't because they're expensive enough as it is XP)
- I don't get the hype over Nirvana ponies. Most of them are tremendously ugly and they look cheap.

She doesn't?

No, it's lighter and pinker, more like magenta. It is, however, almost the exact same shade as Strawberry Surprise's...  :wonder:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:10:36 AM by Bewilderbeast »
Call me Pixie!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 29, 2017, 10:26:50 AM »
I wish the TAF babies all matched their mother’s pony species rather than some of them being different.

I like Mail Order Ember better than Star symbol Ember.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 29, 2017, 10:40:23 AM »
I'm probably just going to say a lot of things people have already said, but here goes...

- I loathe Mimic. She's overpriced and overhyped, and for some reason my first thought on seeing her "wow, snooty", which isn't something I feel with Milky Way
- I'm looking forward to G5 immensely and I really hope they decide to go with all new ponies, because I'm tired of the Mane Six
- I would happily deflock even a mint So-Soft because I hate the texture and the way it dulls their colours
- I love G2 a LOT
- I didn't know about the Sweetheart Sisters until three years ago and I fell in love with them all. I love their poses and daintiness and I feel like they complete the pony lifecycle, between baby ponies and adult ponies
- The German baby ponies need more love (but they also don't because they're expensive enough as it is XP)
- I don't get the hype over Nirvana ponies. Most of them are tremendously ugly and they look cheap.

She doesn't?

No, it's lighter and pinker, more like magenta. It is, however, almost the exact same shade as Strawberry Surprise's...  :wonder:

Ohh.

OT but I love your avatar. One of my favorite water types.

Offline Bewilderbeast

• Captain Jack Pony
  • contextual tomato consumption
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #749 on: December 29, 2017, 10:50:18 AM »

She doesn't?

Ohh.

OT but I love your avatar. One of my favorite water types.

Thank you! Yours is cute too!  :redface:
Call me Pixie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal