collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404568 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #675 on: December 10, 2017, 06:44:27 AM »
I think Sprinkles would have been much prettier in blue like the prototype we saw in the commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuWQQTPtiUo

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 10, 2017, 07:13:33 AM »
I think Sprinkles would have been much prettier in blue like the prototype we saw in the commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuWQQTPtiUo

Ponyfan

That would have been very lovey, at least if her symbol was a different color.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 10, 2017, 07:58:44 AM »
I would have loved a deep blue Sprinkles. I wonder why they decided to change her color last minute, as she was already blue on the box and other merchandise like magnets and school supplies.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 10, 2017, 08:08:49 AM »
She would have been soo pretty in blue.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 10, 2017, 10:48:01 AM »
What a pity - she looks gorgeous in that pretty blue!
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 10, 2017, 11:46:17 AM »
I too prefer Cascade - I always thought that must have been uncommon, because when I got about 8th in the Arena Derby and she was my no. 1 choice for a prize, I never in a million years thought it would be her landing in my letterbox, but it was! I couldn't believe that no-one else of those 8 people had chosen Cascade!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 11, 2017, 12:10:50 PM »
I actually like the term "cutie mark." I still use "symbol" when talking about G1 and G2.

I also really love the new seaponies and hippogriffs. I've been wanting G4 to have more variety in species and getting two new species was a big surprise. I just wish the hippogriffs had cutie marks. They are half-pony, aren't they?

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 11, 2017, 03:01:31 PM »
I wish the new not-ponies had symbols, too! The sea ponies being blank doesn't bother me, since G1 sea ponies didn't have symbols either (yeah, I know about the ones w/ necklaces, but still), but I really don't understand why the Breezies/hippogriffs don't have symbols.. another problem I have with the "cutie mark" ~lore~ - it excludes non-ponies! :P They just don't look like they're part of the MLP line without symbols, to me.. If that makes sense.

(what I find really weird is that despite all this, Zecora has a symbol, even though she's a zebra and it seems that in G4, only ponies have symbols.. :s weird. I mean, I LIKE that she has one, but it just seems like an odd exception. I guess perhaps they hadn't figured out the 'rules' at the time, or something? Still weird, though.)

Offline Nilenna

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • My Little Pony makes me happy! ^__^
    • View Profile
    • ~ My tumblr blog ~
« Reply #683 on: December 13, 2017, 07:08:22 AM »
I like this thread... but don't have any answers right now... I'll probably come back to it later.  :silly:
My sales thread ^.^ http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,364527.0.html mostly G1 ponies ++

My pony instagram: @mylittlepony_alv  :bubble:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 13, 2017, 09:01:58 AM »
I wish the new not-ponies had symbols, too! The sea ponies being blank doesn't bother me, since G1 sea ponies didn't have symbols either (yeah, I know about the ones w/ necklaces, but still), but I really don't understand why the Breezies/hippogriffs don't have symbols.. another problem I have with the "cutie mark" ~lore~ - it excludes non-ponies! :P They just don't look like they're part of the MLP line without symbols, to me.. If that makes sense.

(what I find really weird is that despite all this, Zecora has a symbol, even though she's a zebra and it seems that in G4, only ponies have symbols.. :s weird. I mean, I LIKE that she has one, but it just seems like an odd exception. I guess perhaps they hadn't figured out the 'rules' at the time, or something? Still weird, though.)

It would have been a nice nod to the Pony Friends and Pretty Pals

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 13, 2017, 09:52:02 AM »

I know it's listed as a cutie mark in the wiki, but has anyone actually officially stated that this is what Zecora's symbol is?  I've always kind of viewed it as something else.  I don't know what, but I always thought it was meant to be something else entirely.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 13, 2017, 12:18:32 PM »

I know it's listed as a cutie mark in the wiki, but has anyone actually officially stated that this is what Zecora's symbol is?  I've always kind of viewed it as something else.  I don't know what, but I always thought it was meant to be something else entirely.

I always figured it just was her "stripe pattern" because zebras each have their own pattern of stripes, kind of like fingerprints.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 13, 2017, 12:32:18 PM »

I always figured it just was her "stripe pattern" because zebras each have their own pattern of stripes, kind of like fingerprints.

It's a swirling sun with triangles.  :blink: Maybe its tribal paint or tattoo?

My unpopular opinion is that I don't think its automatically racially insensitive, for certain animals to be from certain areas in the world. Because you know, its not like zebras occur naturally in New York, or buffalo roam the streets of London.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:34:18 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline RavenPaw

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 14, 2017, 11:38:43 PM »
I also really love the new seaponies and hippogriffs. I've been wanting G4 to have more variety in species and getting two new species was a big surprise. I just wish the hippogriffs had cutie marks. They are half-pony, aren't they?

I'm crazy about the G4 sea ponies and hippogriffs too.  I love them, but I also wish they had symbols.  I can see how it would be hard to give sea ponies symbols given their body shape, but the hippogriffs at least should have symbols.

- I don't like Sprinkles at ALL, she always looked like a faded Firefly to me.
- also I hate the Firefly pose.
- most of the G3 ponies after the head-turn change look awful. I've passed on ponies whose design I loved but she looked too much like a camel (RIP Daffidazey).
- G3 Chocolate Chipper seems beloved (at least on tumblr?) but I hate her! she's so generic pink-and-purple with the design being an afterthought slapped on there. I wish she had some yellows, creams, dark reds or navys, maybe brown??? worked into her design, ughh.
- if there's a nirvana pony I want, I would never be happy with a custom of her.
- I can't watch the G1 cartoon as an adult, it just has zero artistic merit and even nostalgia isn't enough to make it enjoyable for me. I think "Rescue at Midnight Castle" is pretty enjoyable for a children's 80s cartoon, it's a good sick day movie.
- don't like the G4 toy line! MLP has always been dozens and dozens of unique pony "characters" to collect, and releasing the same characters over and over isn't why I like collecting MLP. it also feels cheaply-made (that hair!).
- I just loathe FiM Pinkie Pie.

aaah that felt good to get out.

I like Sprinkles because she was a childhood pony, but she is very pale.  I don't like the mail order version at all, it definitely looks like a faded Firefly.

I agree G3 ponies didn't look as good after they could turn their heads.

I hate that about the G4 line as well, that they repeat the same characters over and over.  Although that seems to be a pretty popular opinion.  Oh well, at least it gives my wallet a break and saves more money for G1 ponies.  I also hate how they are not as good quality as older generations.

I also hate Pinkie Pie.  :P

Oh, also, I don't like the term "pony cancer" mostly because it's just inaccurate, ponies don't get cancer, they're plastic.  But they do age, so I always use the term age spots.  But now that I know that people find it insensitive I will be doubly sure not to use it!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 12:05:12 AM by RavenPaw »
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 15, 2017, 12:09:45 AM »
This is a fun thread.   ^.^  I love that blue Sprinkles and have long hoped somehow that prototype turns up someday!  I also enjoyed the G4 sea ponies and hippogriffs in the movie.   

My unpopular opinion is I really like Ringlet in the Rainbow Curl set, and feel she is overlooked.  She is a childhood pony and as a kid I always imagined she was super special because her symbol is near her shoulder and her wings are painted different shades of pastels.  Because of her being the only pony like this, I thought she was/should be sought after and fetch prices like Mimic, but turns out that is not the case at all!
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal