collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404699 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #585 on: October 30, 2017, 11:40:26 PM »
I don't like the powder pose because it looks like they're pretending to ge giraffes or they look like they're straining something (only one I'll get will be Star Hopper).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 31, 2017, 05:13:56 AM »
The Powder pose isn't one of my favorites either. I know some people say it looks like the ponies are stargazing but I want my ponies to be able to look at me.  Coco Berry was one of my least favorite childhood ponies because of her pose.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 31, 2017, 06:29:42 AM »
Ooooh I thought of one. I  don't like the dancing butterflies pose like. At all. There is not a single pony in that pose that I want. It just looks awkward to me somehow.

Lol, I think I read somewhere that this pose is known as the "broken neck pose"... I personally like it but I think there are plenty who don't, judging from that description of it!  :lol:

Haha ok good to know I'm not crazy... Was looking through the archives for favorite pose threads and there were soooo many people saying how much they loved this pose and how locket, blueberry baskets, etc were their favorite ponies... Like I totally get why people like the pose, it's dynamic and interesting and there are a lot of pretty ponies in it. I just started noticing that there were ponies that I should want based on their colors or look (blueberry baskets, locket, starglow, etc) that were unappealing and came to the conclusion that it must be because of the pose...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 31, 2017, 08:35:32 AM »
Ooooh I thought of one. I  don't like the dancing butterflies pose like. At all. There is not a single pony in that pose that I want. It just looks awkward to me somehow.

Lol, I think I read somewhere that this pose is known as the "broken neck pose"... I personally like it but I think there are plenty who don't, judging from that description of it!  :lol:

Nope. That's the G3 Shell-belle pose.

Post Merge: October 31, 2017, 08:38:03 AM

The Powder pose isn't one of my favorites either. I know some people say it looks like the ponies are stargazing but I want my ponies to be able to look at me.  Coco Berry was one of my least favorite childhood ponies because of her pose.

Ponyfan

I do like the pose, but it took some getting used to, The stomach/barrel area is sloped in such a way that it makes her look llike she's standing on a slope. But the rest of her is straight.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:38:03 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 31, 2017, 11:04:45 AM »
Some poses are really odd, like some earth pony poses, bowtie pose is freaky. Dancing butterflies too, and gusty pose also. Besides sometimes it doesn’t match the pony, like Gusty should have been in another unicorn pose.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #590 on: October 31, 2017, 11:28:58 AM »
I don't think I hate any poses now, but I have in the past. I don't like the Sundae Best refit moulds though. They look weird somehow. I did used to hate the CJ pose but now I don't. I came to find it kind of sweet in its own way. Although if you line them all up they look like a dance chorus or something...;)

I don't like when people spell Baby Liquorice's name with a c. It's a real bugbear of mine.

I don't like price guides but am always asking for price checks on ponies so I really am a total hypocrite with that one. I feel like price guides affect pony prices and yet...here I am reinforcing the mindset. Sigh.

I also don't like Dream Valley. I have my reasons. I prefer the Wiki.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #591 on: October 31, 2017, 02:51:12 PM »
I also don't think I really dislike any poses, at least, not enough to make a big impact on if I want a pony or not. I certainly have poses I like more than others, and poses I'm not the biggest on, but a pony being in the pose I'm not the most fond of won't make me not want her. Color combination is generally the biggest factor for me when it comes to wanting ponies.

My favorite pony, Spring Song, is one though where the pose she's in is why I like her so much. The pose combined with the colors and symbol is very pretty!

Another thing, there aren't any ponies I don't want or would ever pass up on. I'm the sort of collector who just kind of wants more ponies. I'll also keep any variations of ponies I already have that I happen to come across (for example I have two G3 Fluttershy's both in her second pose, and I kept them both because one had a darker body color than the other). I do certainly have favorites, but I could never leave a pony I find in the wild behind, unless it's exactly like one I have already. So my answers on every POTD are either want or have. :lol:

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 31, 2017, 06:11:33 PM »
The only ponies in poses I couldn't get are the Teeny Tinies, Ballerinas and Mimic pose. There isn't a single pony I like in any of them.

I decided to get one 4.5 for Songbird Serenade, because she reminds me of a winged, Norwegian Fjord and I miiiight spring for Collector's pose Lemondrop and Snuzzle. Other then that, if a pony is pretty enough o disguise it, I can live with an awkward or boring pose. i.e Donkey, Moondancer, G4 etc.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 01, 2017, 01:49:46 AM »
This is probably REALLY unpopular; but I am not sure whether I would be able to leave a MIB pony in her box. I want to touch my ponies. And give them spa days. And I just cannot do that to ponies still in their boxes.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 01, 2017, 07:51:45 AM »
Yeah, same here really.  I'd hate to get an MIB pony, because the temptation would be too great to take them out of their boxes, because I want to see them in full display, at the very least, but I know that it's bad form to do this, as someone who wants an MIB pony could get mine when I'm gone. 
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 01, 2017, 10:13:59 AM »
Taffeta, I too did not think much of the CJ pose when she first came out, it was as if they had caught her half-way through going somewhere.
Also, G1 Moondancer, such a pretty pony but ugh I still cannot get used to her pose, something does not sit right with her body proportions, IMO.  :angel:

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 02, 2017, 03:23:44 AM »
If you stop and think about the CJ pose it is quite disturbing, because if straightened out her bent leg would be longer than her other legs....
But then, when has realism ever applied to pastel ponies?

Can't remember if I contributed to this thread already, but for my unpopular opinion, I have to say, I'm not really into plushies. I like plastic ponies. Also, I actually like ponies with gimmicks. Especially if they make a noise. Two of my favourite ponies are my German Sweet Talkin' ponies. Ich hab dich liebe! Kammst du mein Haar? <3

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #597 on: November 02, 2017, 05:58:33 AM »
Also, I actually like ponies with gimmicks. Especially if they make a noise. Two of my favourite ponies are my German Sweet Talkin' ponies. Ich hab dich liebe! Kammst du mein Haar? <3

I love pony gimmicks! The large amount of gimmicks is one of the reasons G1 is my favorite gen!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline forever_cuddles

• Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 02, 2017, 06:38:34 AM »
Is it just me, or do the Princess Ponies look hilarious to everyone else as well? I crack up laughing every time I see those ridiculous eyelashes. They look like Groucho Marx eyebrows!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 02, 2017, 07:26:43 AM »
Is it just me, or do the Princess Ponies look hilarious to everyone else as well? I crack up laughing every time I see those ridiculous eyelashes. They look like Groucho Marx eyebrows!

They are crazy  :lol: - I think someone did a thread dedicated to them a few months ago  :)  :think:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal