collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404630 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #555 on: October 14, 2017, 11:18:36 AM »
I like Goldilocks.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 16, 2017, 03:28:01 PM »
I don't really follow G4 (the show or the toys) but I've at least gotten used to their look.

Now the new Seaponies have reminded me of all my "ew, what is that?" feelings all over again.

This   :blink:

Post Merge: October 16, 2017, 03:37:16 PM

So here's mine...I don't like Firefly  :(

I really want to like her because, well...she's Firefly, but I can't stand her weird flesh coloured body and blue hair combo.

It's a shame because I have almost all of the early G1s and there's a gaping hole in my collection where Firefly should be but I just can't bring myself to own her.

One solution I have considered is to maybe get a Nirvana version of her (if there is one with a different colour combo or something...) and then that would justify having her...if that makes sense? I've done that with Cherries Jubilee whose body colour I also can't stand. My Nirvana CJ is GREEN and that makes me very happy!!  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:37:16 PM by applejackbunny »
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 16, 2017, 10:31:39 PM »
I don't really follow G4 (the show or the toys) but I've at least gotten used to their look.

Now the new Seaponies have reminded me of all my "ew, what is that?" feelings all over again.

This   :blink:

Post Merge: October 16, 2017, 03:37:16 PM

I really want to like her because, well...she's Firefly, but I can't stand her weird flesh coloured body and blue hair combo.

It's a shame because I have almost all of the early G1s and there's a gaping hole in my collection where Firefly should be but I just can't bring myself to own her.

One solution I have considered is to maybe get a Nirvana version of her (if there is one with a different colour combo or something...) and then that would justify having her...if that makes sense? I've done that with Cherries Jubilee whose body colour I also can't stand. My Nirvana CJ is GREEN and that makes me very happy!!  :biggrin:

I've never liked her much either. Plus she's on a pose I'm not fond of.

There's a green CJ?

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 16, 2017, 11:17:56 PM »
I've never liked her much either. Plus she's on a pose I'm not fond of.

Oh wow I thought it was just me! I know a lot of folks adore Firefly, but I personally do not see anything significantly striking about her colourings, also her pose is tricky when it comes to ponywear. She is pretty enough, but I too am trying to feel super-impressed by her look, but, nope, I'm not getting the excitement here  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 17, 2017, 10:53:10 AM »
Toy Firefly isn't my favorite either, but I can look past it because Rescue at Midnight castle is just about my favorite cartoon thing ever. I get the feeling that's how it is for a lot of people ^.^

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 17, 2017, 11:17:35 AM »
I don't like most of the Mane Six, as toys and characters, they've long since worn out there welcome.

I don't really care for some of the more popular, well known ponies like CJ, Lickety-split, Surprise, Tex, Truly, G3 Minty, G3 Pinkie Pie, Ivy or Toola-roola.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:55:37 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 17, 2017, 11:51:34 AM »
Toy Firefly isn't my favorite either, but I can look past it because Rescue at Midnight castle is just about my favorite cartoon thing ever. I get the feeling that's how it is for a lot of people ^.^

My introduction to Firefly was Rescue at Midnight Castle and the book “The Magic Rainbow” I never had Firefly or Baby Firefly in my childhood ponies.

I like petite ponies even though they’re really small. I’m not a big fan of So Soft ponies.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 18, 2017, 12:22:10 PM »
I don't like Firefly either. Not even Baby Firefly, who is in my favourite baby pose. :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 18, 2017, 12:23:35 PM »

My introduction to Firefly was Rescue at Midnight Castle and the book “The Magic Rainbow” I never had Firefly or Baby Firefly in my childhood ponies.

I like petite ponies even though they’re really small. I’m not a big fan of So Soft ponies.

Ponyfan

Petites are super cute! The prices, not so much.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 19, 2017, 07:34:21 AM »
I'm not bothered that there are no males in G3. The world of G3 was like the kindergarten version of the all-female island in Wonder Woman comics. I thought it was cute.

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 19, 2017, 12:37:20 PM »
Wow! So I'm definitely not alone when it comes to disliking Firefly...that makes me feel better :)

Yes, there is a green CJ - she's a venny I think (from memory)...

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:VenCherriesJub.jpg

I think she's meant to be blue but mine is definitely green, lol!  :lol:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 19, 2017, 12:56:22 PM »
Wow! So I'm definitely not alone when it comes to disliking Firefly...that makes me feel better :)

Yes, there is a green CJ - she's a venny I think (from memory)...

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:VenCherriesJub.jpg

I think she's meant to be blue but mine is definitely green, lol!  :lol:

WOW she's gorgeous!!! :frolic:

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 19, 2017, 01:37:58 PM »
Not keen on Rainbowdash in G4, (pony version) too cocky. Always like pranking other ponies, her voice gets on my nerves. Only like her equestrian girls form. Her parents are freaky looking. Wish she wasn't one of the mane six.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 19, 2017, 01:47:39 PM »

Ponyfan

Petites are super cute! The prices, not so much.

I agree. :) I can’t bring myself to pay $20 or up for such a small pony.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 20, 2017, 04:31:12 AM »
I'm not bothered that there are no males in G3. The world of G3 was like the kindergarten version of the all-female island in Wonder Woman comics. I thought it was cute.

Reading this, it's the first time I have realised that there are no males in the G3 line, LOL! How could I have missed that?? Ha ha  :lol: :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal