collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404747 times)

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #300 on: June 21, 2017, 08:57:56 AM »
It personally irritates me that people swap genders. I would never argue with them over it, because they're not my toys and that's just rude, but it bugs me all the same.

On one of the pony cassettes I was listening to the other day, it stated Moondancer was a he. That was an American cassette. It confused me because I am sure Moondancer is 'she' on the backcard...

Really? That's interesting.

Yep. There's one UK book as well that I *think* switches genders between the first and second edition for some of the ponies (Seashell maybe? Applejack maybe?) Someone probably remembers more clearly. And of course newborn twin Sniffles with the horn is a boy officially in the UK and not in the US.

I sort of agree with you. I mean, it's up to every person to choose, but I try to keep the genders as they are. I think it's fine for Baby Schoolbag and for Sportstime to be slightly less "macho" boy ponies, and I think it's cool for Sniffles to be a boy, because it means that (in the UK at least) there's a first generation unicorn.

I wish my keyboard still remembered how to type the number that comes before 2. It is very hard to talk about generation one ponies without that number key functioning.

@ Olympus - I don't really know Trixie's character, but I think she's one of the prettier G4 pony toys. I think she's a bit of a narcissist in the show? I can imagine how that might put someone off her...

Ponywear is both silly and unnecessary. But sometimes that makes it fun. I always wanted to be able to dress my ponies up in a spacesuit. That is still a dream unfulfilled, as I still don't have a complete Ponynaut.

I guess Trixie is slowly getting better as the seasons go on, but there are still plenty of moments where I just want to grab her and give her a shake. Can't deny that her color scheme is really pretty, though!

I had no idea that there was a pony spacesuit. Does it come with a little helmet?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #301 on: June 21, 2017, 09:02:29 AM »

I had no idea that there was a pony spacesuit. Does it come with a little helmet?

It does indeed :D. That's the piece I still have never managed to get hold of :( I imagine it looks really cute. That set of outfits is the most ridiculous. But I love the idea of sending a pony into space...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 21, 2017, 09:23:54 AM »

It does indeed :D. That's the piece I still have never managed to get hold of :( I imagine it looks really cute. That set of outfits is the most ridiculous. But I love the idea of sending a pony into space...

I hope you one day get that piece! Though I'd imagine that it could be broken pretty easily depending on the quality of the plastic.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2017, 09:33:40 AM »

I hope you one day get that piece! Though I'd imagine that it could be broken pretty easily depending on the quality of the plastic.

Thank you :D. Yeah, I think it might end up being a MOC hunt, although then there'd never be a dress up opportunity. Oh well.

Back on topic.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 21, 2017, 12:46:09 PM »
Oooh, that's interesting about Moondancer being a boy in one tape :o Never heard about that. And then there's the Wedding Prance porcelain with male-Glory..

I find gender-bending ponies to be a bit odd too but to each their own :P Unless it's a situation like with Sniffles where they do have different genders in different countries (I know some of the Nirvanas were genderswapped too.. Italian Gusty [Gustavo] is a boy I believe, then there's the Mexican princes.. etc etc. Not to mention Re Unicorno, he's a boy G1 unicorn! But I'm rambling, haha), but yeah. I mean, if others want to do it then that's cool, but it's not for me.

Olympus - nope, there weren't any boy Flutters :( Those would've been great.. and baby Flutters, those would've been adorable! I guess Wingers are the next best thing, but it's still not *the same*..

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #305 on: June 21, 2017, 03:30:41 PM »
Wingers were originally planned to be baby flutters, but at some point their concept was changed to the adult Summer Wings and later Windy Wings that we know today. :)  I remember Ruth Bush (former Hasbro artist/designer/molder) mentioning that.

Edit: Or to be more accurate I remember BlushingBlue telling me about the presentation . . . Credit where credit is due. :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:45:08 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 21, 2017, 03:37:16 PM »
Wingers were originally planned to be baby flutters, but at some point their concept was changed to the adult Summer Wings and later Windy Wings that we know today. :)  I remember Ruth Bush (former Hasbro artist/designer/molder) mentioning that.

Oooh, I didn't know that :O How interesting, aaaa. I love how many things there are about G1 that are still unknown :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 21, 2017, 04:00:09 PM »

Really? I didn't know that! Which would you have preferred? The original concept or the one we got?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 22, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »
Wingers are supposed to be adult ponies? O_o

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 22, 2017, 11:06:01 AM »
Wingers are supposed to be adult ponies? O_o

They always were written that way in the comics here...adults, just little.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #310 on: June 22, 2017, 11:39:21 AM »
Yes, they're small adults.  :)  If you look at their faces compared to the baby ponies, their features are more "adult" and refined.  Like, less chubby, smaller eyes in comparison to their faces, stuff like that.  (I assume the molds had more baby-ish faces when they were intended to be baby flutters.)

It's really hard to say which concept I like more--I love baby ponies (except newborns and teeny tinies, ha ha well I guess I like 'some' baby ponies), but I do love the wingers as they are now.

Edit:  Here's a picture from Ruth Bush's presentation at Pony Fair, thanks to ShelvesOfWhimsy's camera skills.  *waves*

The wingers prototype are three pictures to the left of the pony sink sketch, with the stand-in pipecleaner wings. ;)

I also spy Bonnie Bonnets, TAF Buttons, and Night Glider in different poses!  Wow, I really dig TAF Buttons in Mimic's pose.  Also a picnic giftpack that looks like it was going to have five ponies, including a male pony.  What could have been . . .
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:22:32 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #311 on: June 22, 2017, 12:02:10 PM »
Edit:  Here's a picture from Ruth Bush's presentation at Pony Fair, thanks to ShelvesOfWhimsy's camera skills.  *waves*

The 'baby flutter' / wingers prototypes are three pictures to the left of the pony sink sketch, with the stand-in pipecleaner wings. ;)

Wow, that is really cool!! I would love to poke around Hasbro's MLP archieves!! What is the Pony Fair? Is it a special Hasbro event?

Sorry for getting off topic :lookround:

Uhm, to keep it on topic....hmmm...I'm not that crazy about the Friendship is Magic cartoon. I like it to a degree but I think the ponies often are too silly and I don't like the drawing style.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 22, 2017, 01:04:37 PM »
Yes, they're small adults.  :)  If you look at their faces compared to the baby ponies, their features are more "adult" and refined.  Like, less chubby, smaller eyes in comparison to their faces, stuff like that.  (I assume the molds had more baby-ish faces when they were intended to be baby flutters.)

It's really hard to say which concept I like more--I love baby ponies (except newborns and teeny tinies, ha ha well I guess I like 'some' baby ponies), but I do love the wingers as they are now.

The 'baby flutter' / wingers prototypes are three pictures to the left of the pony sink sketch, with the stand-in pipecleaner wings. ;)

*DROOL*

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #313 on: June 24, 2017, 10:02:30 PM »
I really like G3.5s. Lack of character variety aside, I think they're cute and I really appreciate that they went through the effort of making all the characters different sizes from one another (of course if it wasn't for the lack of character variety I'm sure they wouldn't have done that). I think they're cute and I love all their unique hair styles, not to mention just how much hair they have. Makes it very fun to brush their hair. I especially cannot get over Cheerilee's cute pigtails.

Also with 3.5, I also like the newborn cuties. I think it's the short, curly hair they have that I love so much.

I also like the EqG dolls, unfortunately due to their size they're more expensive than regular ponies so I only have two of them. Just like 3.5s, them having a lot of hair makes it fun to brush. I do wish they'd stand up easier however.

I can't really think of any unpopular opinions for things other people like that I don't. I guess I'm just not very picky with my ponies. As long as they're not fakies I'll take them!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 24, 2017, 11:02:53 PM »
My sister recently bought a G4.5 for her daughter, and while I was solidly in the "no thank you" camp previously, I feel myself...warming to them? Sure, their anatomy is totally wonk and their hair is weird and greasy, but there's something lovable about those goofy faces and I appreciate that they're a lot more expressive than G4s. I'm particularly weak for the open-mouthed molds.

I still don't really think of them as actual horses though, LOL
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal