collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404693 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2017, 11:33:05 PM »
Speaking of pigs, this brings me to another one. I never cared for Munchy the hot dog and hamburger pony. I just look at her and my initial thought is "WTH Hasbro?" She's another one that just seems so out of place.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2017, 04:34:47 AM »
I share various "unpopular" opinions that have been mentioned here, but I think I have one really unpopular opinion... :lookround:

I just HATE G4. And G3. And G2. But especially G4. I will not even give them a chance because I don't even acknowledge them as ponies, as they simply aren't (to me). Especially G4 makes me sick (I'm not saying that to be rude, on the contrary, I don't feel comfortable saying out loud here, but since this is the appropriate thread...), the style as well as the whole "fandom". I don't recognise ANYTHING My Little Pony in them. It's just a completely different world, it could be Pony versus Barbie for all I know. And the worst side effect of this fandom is that it's so widely known, even outside the collectors world.

Why does that matter so much? Well, because I used to be that weirdo who collected plastic toy horses. I liked that. Now it's a "thing" to collect ponies, and people don't even picture the right "ponies" when I tell them. So I don't talk about it anymore. I was a proud collector once. :pout:

There. I said it. You can throw tomatoes at me now. :lookround:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2017, 07:08:42 AM »
I love the original MLP the Movie.

I don't like the Firefly pose. It's my least favorite pegasus pose.

I think that G3 pegasus has a nicer wing design then G1. Even as a kid I thought they looked like corn on the cob.

I didn't like G2 at first when I finally saw them, but now I think they're quite pretty and I'd like a few. Pity the ones I want most seem harder to find.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:11:02 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2017, 08:49:24 AM »
Definitely not a fan of the G1 wing design. It just looks like a lump of lumps :P

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2017, 09:31:26 AM »
As a kid, I really didn't like ponies that had "human like" symbols.  For example, Speedy really bothered me because her symbol look like skates for humans.  These days I like all G1 incarnations though.

And I loved and still love beddy-bye eyes.  <3
Sig art by SquarePeg!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2017, 11:42:48 PM »
I share various "unpopular" opinions that have been mentioned here, but I think I have one really unpopular opinion... :lookround:

I just HATE G4. And G3. And G2. But especially G4. I will not even give them a chance because I don't even acknowledge them as ponies, as they simply aren't (to me). Especially G4 makes me sick (I'm not saying that to be rude, on the contrary, I don't feel comfortable saying out loud here, but since this is the appropriate thread...), the style as well as the whole "fandom". I don't recognise ANYTHING My Little Pony in them. It's just a completely different world, it could be Pony versus Barbie for all I know. And the worst side effect of this fandom is that it's so widely known, even outside the collectors world.

Why does that matter so much? Well, because I used to be that weirdo who collected plastic toy horses. I liked that. Now it's a "thing" to collect ponies, and people don't even picture the right "ponies" when I tell them. So I don't talk about it anymore. I was a proud collector once. :pout:

I'm sure you've noticed that's hardly an unpopular opinion around here though maybe you have a more extreme case of your affliction.

That being said, :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: comin at you, i love g4 (and g1 too though)

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2017, 11:43:10 PM »

Yes! Well said! The later versions looked like escaped from the Power Puff girls.... G1 forever !
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2017, 12:54:08 AM »
Rainbow Dash almost didn't escape the Powerpuff Girls in Double Rainboom.  They wanted to keep the cute pony they found.

Yay Bubbles! But not the other two.

Tomatoes for you too Khayman.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2017, 01:42:13 AM »
Having said I like all ponies....I have to admit I can't get excited about plushies. I mean, I don't hate them, and I have a couple of TY Rainbow Dashes, but I can't go crazy over them like some people do.

I don't think ponies HAVE to have brushable hair. Sure it's fun, but I like Petites, G3 Ponyville and G4 blindbags just as much as their more hairy counterparts.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2017, 01:47:15 AM »
Having said I like all ponies....I have to admit I can't get excited about plushies. I mean, I don't hate them, and I have a couple of TY Rainbow Dashes, but I can't go crazy over them like some people do.

I don't think ponies HAVE to have brushable hair. Sure it's fun, but I like Petites, G3 Ponyville and G4 blindbags just as much as their more hairy counterparts.

i have always been rather dissapointed with mlp plushies : ( i think the BaB stuffies are rather cute though.
just none of them are cute enough!! poniesamore who i believe is here on the arena makes AMAZING plushies, that are so so so cute. so much cuter than any hasbro made plushies.

wishlist

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2017, 03:43:09 AM »
That reminds me, I don't like the animal friends in g1. What were they called again? None of them are cute to me at all. They seem pretty popular with collectors but I care for them 0%.

This reminded me of another opinion of mine that probably is unpopular. (I am also not a huge fan of the pony friends, though some of them I do think are cute).

I like the G1 attendants - the dragons, bushwoolies, kittens, etc.

I cannot stand the G4 ones. And the little animals that occasionally appear in G2 and G3. I find them unnecessary and annoying ways for Hasbro to put up the price on their item. I don't know where any of my pets are for my G4 ponies that are loose.

I feel exactly the same way about the small animal friends for the Monster High dolls, so I guess it's this current time period's style of accompanying pet or friend that doesn't appeal to me.

But yeah. I prefer buying G4 ponies that do not have friends with them that are not ponies.

Also, on that same topic - I don't like most if any of the accessories that come with G4 and a lot with G2 and G3 as well. Seriously, some G4 collectors would be horrified by the way I just dump those all in a box and push them away somewhere to be forgotten and lost.

On a slightly different topic - aside the long handled combs and brushes that come with the Brush and Grow etc, all pony combs and brushes are inferior grooming tools to brushes that came with Barbie.

I don't hate G4, but if you gave me a choice between all the G4 ponies in the world or a ratty Peachy, there's not really a contest. I won't let bronyism stop me being a proud collector though ;)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 03:46:11 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2017, 06:48:11 AM »
I like Porcina (the pig from "The Glass Princess") well enough but I dislike the episode itself.. although I do have a certain amount of interest in it since it had the song cut from it, and censorship intrigues me. :B

I'm not much of an accessory person, either, unless it's a pet (I'm still looking for Billie's rabbit!!) or something cool like the princesses' damsel hats, Trixiebelle's jester hat and collar, etc.

Yes, me too!! I'm not against them, I do have some, but I def. prefer the "normal" ponies. I don't think the BAB ponies are ~*omg the best thing ever!!*~ either like some people do (though I do like them!! I have some myself! But you know what I mean).

Well, except for BAB Minty. She's pretty awesome :P But then, all Mintys (Minties?) are awesome.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2017, 07:52:11 AM »
Definitely not a fan of the G1 wing design. It just looks like a lump of lumps :P

That sort of bothered me too when I first started collecting G1. XD I'm used to it now, but I definitely like how G4 pegasus wings look, with more detailed feathers.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2017, 01:45:10 PM »

That sort of bothered me too when I first started collecting G1. XD I'm used to it now, but I definitely like how G4 pegasus wings look, with more detailed feathers.

Ooh I absolutely love g1 wings. I think they look way cuter than the skinny wings g4s have..!

wishlist

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2017, 02:49:46 PM »

Ooh I absolutely love g1 wings. I think they look way cuter than the skinny wings g4s have..!

I actually do really love G1 and G4's wings.
G3 wings I have admit look super bizarre. They don't even look like wings, they look like weird nubbly growths of flesh on their back. xD I love G3 pegs though, even with their strange wings. Snow'El is my fave.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal