collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404670 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2017, 06:37:34 AM »
OMG I need that little pink piano too...seems I don't know G4 as well as I thought I did.

The piano came with the wedding castle (the one w/ Shining Armour) :)

Not sure if "alicorn" is a D&D term or not.. I'd always heard it used to refer to unicorn's horns before FiM adopted it as the "official" term for a unicorn w/ wings. I think FiM got it from the fandom but idk where they got it from.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2017, 07:54:46 AM »
OMG I need that little pink piano too...seems I don't know G4 as well as I thought I did.

The piano came with the wedding castle (the one w/ Shining Armour) :)

Not sure if "alicorn" is a D&D term or not.. I'd always heard it used to refer to unicorn's horns before FiM adopted it as the "official" term for a unicorn w/ wings. I think FiM got it from the fandom but idk where they got it from.

I've heard Alicorn being referred to as unicorn people in fiction. (Unfortunate fact, they actually do exist, but it's due to disease.)

And to the Unicorn horn.

Before they were always winged or flying unicorns.

I always called them unipegs as a kid because I believed they had a pegasus and unicorn parent.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2017, 09:04:17 AM »
I know that Piers Anthony used the term "alicorn" for winged unicorns in his Xanth books.  I don't know if he was the first to use it for them or if he got the idea from a different source.  Anyway, it was widely used in the MLP community before G4;  heck, it was widely used during G2.  "Check out this pony I drew, she is an alicorn with a heart symbol", etc.

I like the term alicorn.  "Winged unicorn" seems to downplay the pegasus aspect, implying that being a unicorn is more important.  And the other fan-terms that used to be around just sounded silly IMO.  (Pegacorn sounds like a foot disease.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2017, 09:08:20 AM »
I know that Piers Anthony used the term "alicorn" for winged unicorns in his Xanth books.  I don't know if he was the first to use it for them or if he got the idea from a different source.  Anyway, it was widely used in the MLP community before G4;  heck, it was widely used during G2.  "Check out this pony I drew, she is an alicorn with a heart symbol", etc.

I like the term alicorn.  "Winged unicorn" seems to downplay the pegasus aspect, implying that being a unicorn is more important.  And the other fan-terms that used to be around just sounded silly IMO.  (Pegacorn sounds like a foot disease.)

Horned pegasus then? :silly:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2017, 09:09:30 AM »
Yes, let the horned pegasus fly free, lol.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2017, 09:10:30 AM »
Yes, let the horned pegasus fly free, lol.

:lol:

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2017, 10:58:33 AM »
Mmmmm custard pie...

Comb my Hayer.  I'm pretty!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2017, 11:55:46 AM »
Mmmmm custard pie...

Comb my Hayer.  I'm pretty!

*Hands lostpony the whip cream and strawberries* Fire away Taffeta!  I want custard pie too! :dribble:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:33:46 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2017, 02:08:30 AM »
I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I think that the intonation of German Sweet Talking Pony declaration of love could not be more lacking in love if she tried. Consequently I find it hilarious and thus my German STP is my favourite :)

"Ich hab dich lieb!"
Totally agree with this, I love those talking German ponies. Meanwhile the Spanish talking ponies sound very bossy! "Comb my hair! Give me a little kiss! Let's go and play!" Yes, ma'am, right away, ma'am! Demanding little ponies :D

Re alicorns, prior to discovering MLP I had only ever heard alicorn used to refer to the stuff that unicorn horns are made of, so it really grated to hear ponies referred to as alicorns. But what else to call them? Nothing else sounds right.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 02:12:10 AM by Shaz »

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2017, 03:17:42 AM »

Re alicorns, prior to discovering MLP I had only ever heard alicorn used to refer to the stuff that unicorn horns are made of, so it really grated to hear ponies referred to as alicorns. But what else to call them? Nothing else sounds right.

When I was little, my favorite animals were "flying unicorns"  ; )

wishlist

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2017, 06:14:29 AM »

I used to call them unipegs but yeah it sounds weird. I think my dad read some of Piers Anthonys books. I used one as a book report once. Those were the days when I was smitten with unicorns,pegasi, and horses. I like BBE if thats an unpoplar opinion. I love the Eyebrow ponies. I have the full set of Drink N wets. The strange or weird hang out here when it comes to ponies.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2017, 07:15:32 AM »
I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I think that the intonation of German Sweet Talking Pony declaration of love could not be more lacking in love if she tried. Consequently I find it hilarious and thus my German STP is my favourite :)

"Ich hab dich lieb!"
Totally agree with this, I love those talking German ponies. Meanwhile the Spanish talking ponies sound very bossy! "Comb my hair! Give me a little kiss! Let's go and play!" Yes, ma'am, right away, ma'am! Demanding little ponies :D

:haha:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2017, 07:31:02 AM »

"Ich hab dich lieb!"

No kidding. They're so much fun. The German one sounds kind of...fed up. The Spanish one is super-demanding and the English one sounds like an airhead.
If anyone has not heard these, I have soundbytes on my site here:
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/1992_sweettalkingponies.htm

I remember inventing a lot of winged unicorn ponies as a child and I used a weird word (I was eight, don't kill me) which was something like "unicus".

If strawberries are involved, I will be keeping them. You can have the custard, but I want the fruit.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2017, 07:33:18 AM »

"Ich hab dich lieb!"

No kidding. They're so much fun. The German one sounds kind of...fed up. The Spanish one is super-demanding and the English one sounds like an airhead.
If anyone has not heard these, I have soundbytes on my site here:
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/1992_sweettalkingponies.htm

I remember inventing a lot of winged unicorn ponies as a child and I used a weird word (I was eight, don't kill me) which was something like "unicus".

If strawberries are involved, I will be keeping them. You can have the custard, but I want the fruit.

*Hands over strawberries*

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2017, 07:51:33 AM »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|