collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 407465 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #990 on: May 13, 2018, 11:22:21 AM »
Judging whether or not 35 is close to 50 and deciding at what age something is "vintage" of "antique" is kind of a matter of opinion. I think your argument might go on until G1s are definitely described as archeological artifacts.

Archaeological is 1 million years from now when archaeologists dig them up and deduce that little girls were involved in some kind of ancient, widespread, horse-cult. ;)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 13, 2018, 11:25:00 AM »
And I said they're not even considerd nearly. Funny, all I need do is type in requirement age for vintage and it pops up as 20 years. That sure sounds like a definitive age to me.

15 years isn’t much, IMO. If you thinnk it is, that’s fine, since “much” and “nearly” are also completely arbitrary.

Any strict age requirement for “vintage” isn’t in the actual definition of the word. I literally just gave you the dictionary definition.

I have no problem with debating an opinion. But you have been rather uncivil to me, calling my statements “silly” and “hyperbole”.

Silly and hyperbole isn't an insult. If i were being uncivil and rude to you, trust me, you'd know it. As I'm not always the nicest person and I'm quite mouthy and uncouth.

If you think that someone calmly pointing out that 35 years isn't close to 50 or 100 is rude, uncivil or catty, then I don't know what to say to that.

Just because you’re not spewing obscenities and typing in all caps doesn’t mean you can’t be rude or condescending. Honestly, it’s your willfully ignoring or misrepresenting the things I say that I find rude. And I’m pretty sure calling someone’s opinion silly is rude by about any definition.

Judging whether or not 35 is close to 50 and deciding at what age something is "vintage" of "antique" is kind of a matter of opinion. I think your argument might go on until G1s are definitely described as archeological artifacts.
(Bolded for emphasis)

Which has actually been my argument since this started.

If someone doesn’t agree with my aforementioned feelings on whether 35 is close to 50, or whether vintage connotates a specific age, fine. Just stop trying to factually define and disprove arbitrary terms and opinions.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:26:31 AM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 13, 2018, 11:34:54 AM »
Really now?  Tone can sometimes be hard to intrepet on the internet. You are the only one in a tizzy.  did not call you names, nor have I exploded in a fit of petty anger at you. Kindly do not accuse me of being uncivil, rude or catty unless I actually am being rude.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 12:05:45 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 13, 2018, 11:38:47 AM »
Really now?  Tone can sometimes be hard to intrepet on the internet. I did not call you names, nor have I exploded in a fit of petty anger at you. Kindly do not acuse me of being uncivil, rude or catty unless I actually am being rude.

Perhaps you should go look up the definition of silly. Its not an insult.

Definition of silly

sillier; silliest
1 archaic : helpless, weak
2 a : rustic, plain
b obsolete : lowly in station : humble
3 a : weak in intellect : foolish
b : exhibiting or indicative of a lack of common sense or sound judgment a very silly mistake
c : trifling, frivolous

Just did. Sounds suspiciously insulting to me.

Also, I’m not in a “tizzy”. I’m defending myself, since you’re attacking my statements and opinions.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:46:11 AM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline splooto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Just a silly bean
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 13, 2018, 12:06:17 PM »
The flocking is one of the most valued thing in a pony for me, if i could, id flock all of them
:art: :enraged: :art:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 13, 2018, 12:31:31 PM »
The flocking is one of the most valued thing in a pony for me, if i could, id flock all of them

I am partial to most flocked toys myself.

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 13, 2018, 12:53:18 PM »
I kinda thought I might be the only person in the world who loves flocking. XD I wonder why they never make flocked ponies anymore? :cry: It still seems popular in other toy lines, like Shopkins.

Offline splooto

• Fancy Pants Baby
  • Just a silly bean
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 13, 2018, 03:26:50 PM »
I kinda thought I might be the only person in the world who loves flocking. XD I wonder why they never make flocked ponies anymore? :cry: It still seems popular in other toy lines, like Shopkins.

I think it has to do with the fact that flocking toys themselves seem to have fallen out of favor and that flocking itself is "difficult" to properly adhere (essentially it would take a little more effort to make sure it doesnt go on the eyes and other features like hair and also just because it costs less not to)

I don't come across a modern flocking toy very often if at all anymore and in my personal opinion, it really seems like hasbro has been cutting corners at every possibility on the G4 MLP toys and personally,, they're even pretty creepy looking :(
:art: :enraged: :art:

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #998 on: May 13, 2018, 04:45:39 PM »
I don't come across a modern flocking toy very often if at all anymore and in my personal opinion, it really seems like hasbro has been cutting corners at every possibility on the G4 MLP toys and personally,, they're even pretty creepy looking :(

O ya... >.> I hope G5 has more to offer than G4. I wish it was still about the pony toys themselves and not the show. >.< Used to be that the cartoon promoted the toys, now the toys promote the cartoon, and badly, at that, since they only seem to like to release the Mane 6, and occasionally very-hard-to-find backgrounders. (I don't keep up with the shows or comics anymore, I tried at first, but I've taken peeks at the original characters from them and it hurts my heart that they don't even bother trying to make toys of them, I bet they'd sell like hotcakes. I want those damn Norse ponies from the comics, BADLY. >.>) That is one of my unpopular opinions, I guess, if that is one- I really hate the whole FiM show thing and the stereotypes/culture around it, and the fact they try to make it more pop-culture than it already is.

They hardly look like ponies to me, I really don't like Americanized-Anime flair they tried to give it (Don't get me wrong I love anime, but ponies should be separate imo)- and it's sad to see Hasbro doing everything possible to make the ponies as cheap as humanly possible to save as many pennies as they possibly can, which is ultimately running the line into the ground. I miss all the creativity, thought, and uniqueness that went into MLP.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 04:47:23 PM by Esbayne »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 13, 2018, 05:27:29 PM »

O ya... >.> I hope G5 has more to offer than G4. I wish it was still about the pony toys themselves and not the show. >.< Used to be that the cartoon promoted the toys, now the toys promote the cartoon, and badly, at that, since they only seem to like to release the Mane 6, and occasionally very-hard-to-find backgrounders. (I don't keep up with the shows or comics anymore, I tried at first, but I've taken peeks at the original characters from them and it hurts my heart that they don't even bother trying to make toys of them, I bet they'd sell like hotcakes. I want those damn Norse ponies from the comics, BADLY. >.>) That is one of my unpopular opinions, I guess, if that is one- I really hate the whole FiM show thing and the stereotypes/culture around it, and the fact they try to make it more pop-culture than it already is.

They hardly look like ponies to me, I really don't like Americanized-Anime flair they tried to give it (Don't get me wrong I love anime, but ponies should be separate imo)- and it's sad to see Hasbro doing everything possible to make the ponies as cheap as humanly possible to save as many pennies as they possibly can, which is ultimately running the line into the ground. I miss all the creativity, thought, and uniqueness that went into MLP.

That's a pretty popular belief around here about the toys being cheap and boring

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 13, 2018, 05:46:25 PM »

I walked into a store the other day and saw the new Shopkins Shoppets animals... A bunch of them were flocked, and it made me absurdly happy. XD I miss So Softs.

I feel like Hasbro puts /some/ effort into the Guardians of Harmony line, but not much else. If they’re going to introduce so many new characters and species in the show/comics, why do they refuse to release them as toys? XP The blind bag figures feature a wide selection of characters, but the brushables are pretty much just the mane six... again... and again... and again... I can’t quite figure out their logic. :/

Or, y’know... they could at least make flocked versions of the mane six. X3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 14, 2018, 10:08:30 AM »
Starlight is my least favorite of the Tales girls. I don't like her colors, toy, or her personality

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 14, 2018, 01:02:00 PM »
I kinda dont like any of the gen 4 play sets, they are kinda boring to me.

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 14, 2018, 01:45:40 PM »
I like the name Princess Tiffany, even though I don't usually like human names for animals.
Same. Tiffany reminds me of a brand name, Tiffany, that sell fancy expensive jewelry and such, so it's fitting for a princess.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 14, 2018, 03:31:28 PM »

Archaeological is 1 million years from now when archaeologists dig them up and deduce that little girls were involved in some kind of ancient, widespread, horse-cult. ;)

Baaaaa  this is epic. I am dying over here. 

I kinda dont like any of the gen 4 play sets, they are kinda boring to me.

Well, honestly to me they are over priced shelving units not playsets. :pout:

I so agree with this.

If someone doesn’t agree with my aforementioned feelings on whether 35 is close to 50

Man I wish 35 was close to 50.  I would be young suddenly again. :lol:  I would have to say that no they are not close at all since I have reached both and would very  much like to return to the 35.

I feel that ponies will not reach antique status due to being plastic, my feelings are that if they are not put into some sort of oxygen deprived, light deprived and heat deprived device they will do one of two things, turn into a puddle of color and no shape, or crack and harden and be delicate like a figurine, break easily and hair will be a clump of goo. Since I collect antiques myself in the form of dolls from as early as 1800's even glass can't seem to handle the test of time without shattering, rubber products cave in, flake, crack and melt into hard globs.  Ponies sadly will probably do the same thing I fear. -_-
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:42:30 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal