collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 406893 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #930 on: April 16, 2018, 10:20:57 AM »
My unpopular opinion is that I quite like the Waterfire pose, I thinks it's a pretty nice one. It looks like the pony is sticking its tongue out to be silly or blowing a bubble gum. ^^
I also quite enjoy G3 tinsel as long as I don't see it too often. Problem is, I feel like I have too many tinseled ponies to enjoy this feature anymore. *Non-tinseled ponies are okay too, hasbro ! *
I just got Fancy Free yesterday with a bad case of tail rust. If my de-rusting methods ruins her tinsel, I'm pretty sure I'd be up to de-tisel her completely. But I'm still unsure, I don't like to damage ponies, I'm the first one against de-tinseling. That might hurt so much. ._.

Oh, and speaking of printed-out accessories....This upcoming lineup...
Wellp, spoiler about the new lineup(School of friendship brushables), you've been warned twice.

Spoiler
Look at this nightmare, I can't bear to look at those shoes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This looks so wrong. Who got this idea and who approved it ? ;-;

So...cheap and...and hideous.  :crazy:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 10:23:04 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 16, 2018, 10:34:36 AM »
I hope that disliking printed on clothes is never an unpopular opinion. I can understand rubber clothes because kiddies like to play rough sometimes and plastic is more durable and can get easily washed.
But halfway printed on is a joke. Even to kids. Little girls have standards, too.
I remember when I was a kid I would get annoyed when a doll wasn't able to change clothes. It hindered my play if something was stuck in a certain look (in my case mermaids with painted/moulded on tops, heh).

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #932 on: April 16, 2018, 12:06:45 PM »
I hope that disliking printed on clothes is never an unpopular opinion. I can understand rubber clothes because kiddies like to play rough sometimes and plastic is more durable and can get easily washed.
But halfway printed on is a joke. Even to kids. Little girls have standards, too.
I remember when I was a kid I would get annoyed when a doll wasn't able to change clothes. It hindered my play if something was stuck in a certain look (in my case mermaids with painted/moulded on tops, heh).

Have to agree. I don't like the plastic or rubber clothes either, though. I keep thinking about when I was a kid. I had the Tennis Fun outfit from new. It was out when I was four. I never wrecked it. Cherries Jubilee wore it a lot. I guess she liked tennis O.o.

The shoes went astray only because Windy needed one of them to stand up and sometimes they'd fall off her. I also had a couple of other ponywear outfits - Champagne and Lace, Scarlet Sensation, My Valentine - and again, didn't wreck them. I *did* need help from parents to put shoes on, and never managed to get the slippers on properly on Champagne and Lace - but I enjoyed the ponywear I had because it was like the ponies playing dress up.

I don't pretend I know where the jewellery went to some of those outfits. Maybe small fiddly jewellery wasn't the best plan. But fabric clothing in simple terms would still be lovely for ponies now. Or if they are too small to wear it, then let's save clothing for the Fashion Styles and make a big thing of it for them...

So I think it's sad that they no longer get the options of fabric ponywear.

I have to concur about things painted over eyes. I have the FS Spitfire. She has goggles, but they're removeable. I don't even know where I put them. They're horrible, and she's so pretty without them O.o. But at least I had that choice. If kids want to play wonderbolts with her then fine - but choice is important.

I mean, I had Jazzie as a kid and her glasses and cd player came off, but her boots didn't, and that always annoyed me just a bit.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 12:09:48 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 16, 2018, 01:08:33 PM »
On the bright side one of the cmc finally has a toy with her symbol.

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 16, 2018, 01:38:16 PM »
On the bright side one of the cmc finally has a toy with her symbol.
I thought I saw one before at Targe, I don't remember which one.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 19, 2018, 04:01:52 PM »
I hate printed on clothes with a passion, it looks super cheap, hate it.  :enraged:

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 20, 2018, 01:45:18 AM »
I hate printed on clothes with a passion, it looks super cheap, hate it.  :enraged:

This!! I wouldn't mind so much if they were properly painted on all the way round. But a pony wearing half a printed-on shoe? No, no thanks. I've seen Poundland toys that are better quality!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 20, 2018, 02:55:43 AM »
I've seen g4 ponies in poundland...so...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 20, 2018, 10:00:06 AM »

Plus her head looks like a freaking ping pong ball. When is mlp gonna go back to being ponies Hasbro, and not these deformed freaks of nature?

Post Merge: April 21, 2018, 07:13:23 AM

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 12:06:40 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 21, 2018, 10:50:49 AM »
UGH I hate painted-on clothes, too. Plastic I can deal with (I mean, I prefer fabric if there have to be any clothes at all, but y'know), but painted on.. ugh. Especially HALF painted clothes. I mean, if they *must* do painted clothes, at least do it properly instead of halfway, you know?

I also don't like the wedding ponies. Bridal Beauty & Pony Bride make me think of Miss Havisham from Great Expectations. The bridal ponies' identities are locked into being brides to the point where they've assumed permanent names associated with a one-time event, just as Miss Havisham wore her wedding gown every day as permanent attire despite it only being for a one-time event.

:biggrin:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 21, 2018, 11:01:59 AM »
MLP: The Movie related stuff, I'll put it under the spoiler tag just in case

Spoiler

While I agree with the writer's logic, a terrible part of me kinda wishes they did go ahead and make the villain Celestia and Luna's brother ... just to watch the hardcore G4 canon zealots freak out

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 21, 2018, 12:07:42 PM »
I don't care for some of the sought after g4s. Feather May, Dewdrop Dazzle, Diamond Rose and Snow Catcher.

Post Merge: April 21, 2018, 12:08:01 PM

MLP: The Movie related stuff, I'll put it under the spoiler tag just in case

Spoiler

While I agree with the writer's logic, a terrible part of me kinda wishes they did go ahead and make the villain Celestia and Luna's brother ... just to watch the hardcore G4 canon zealots freak out

:lmao:

Offline Pleyone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 22, 2018, 04:41:59 AM »
I don´t like flutters, BBEs (that faces... :whoa:) or flocked ponys. And I´m not a fan of putting mechanisms inside ponys (like happy tails, B&G, Secret Surprise...)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 23, 2018, 05:36:34 PM »
I love that Tempest has a muzzle like she ought to, but I hate that she has no horn.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 24, 2018, 01:16:32 AM »
I don´t like flutters, BBEs (that faces... :whoa:) or flocked ponys. And I´m not a fan of putting mechanisms inside ponys (like happy tails, B&G, Secret Surprise...)

Ooh. This makes me think of one. I don't really like batteries in ponies. I mean they're great, the gimmicks are fun, but then you have to remember to remove them before the ponies go in storage.

I am not sure how it is my talking ponies all still talk, but I do worry about them regularly. But if I take out their batteries, it will be impossible for me to tell the difference between Talk a Lot and Charlatan...:/

Plus shipping them overseas is a pain. Especially MIB items. Batteries are not allowed in transit.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal