collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404664 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #780 on: January 06, 2018, 01:26:46 PM »
I think each and every official G4 plush is ugly. The only ones that look nice are the BaB but I hate the nylon hair and costs.

That's why I got the Chinese factory ones on ebay who look show accurate and even have their marks on both sides.
Hasbro should have made them hand over the patterns before they sent a C&D. Their plushies looked super cute and had nice quality.

They are ugly. It's a crying shame that other companies put more effort and quality into Hasbro's products then Hasbro does.

And they made so many characters. I have Cloudchaser and Flitter, they even have different wing designs and accessories.
Guess my unpopular opinion is that I think illegal plushies are ok if they look nice :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 09, 2018, 07:48:48 AM »
I don't like G4 Rarity's personality. She's whiny, melodramatic and reminds me more of Truly, then Rainbowdash.

I prefer the second set of Flutters over the first. As well as the Party Pack and MO Flutters. The first set is pretty and I do love them and want most of them, but the rest have more variety in color scheme and symbol. I don't really care for Wingsong and Cloud Puff though. Cloud because of her extreme regrind issue. Which is kind of amazing actually. Wingsong because of her color scheme.

Sure wish we'd gotten a third set.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:38:55 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Bewilderbeast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • contextual tomato consumption
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #782 on: January 09, 2018, 01:06:23 PM »
I think each and every official G4 plush is ugly. The only ones that look nice are the BaB but I hate the nylon hair and costs.

That's why I got the Chinese factory ones on ebay who look show accurate and even have their marks on both sides.
Hasbro should have made them hand over the patterns before they sent a C&D. Their plushies looked super cute and had nice quality.

They are ugly. It's a crying shame that other companies put more effort and quality into Hasbro's products then Hasbro does.

My Lunas are fakie plushies but they look SO GOOD. They used silky fabric for her mane and tail and even embroidered silver stars like???
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:02:07 AM by Bewilderbeast »
Call me Pixie!

Offline RavenPaw

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 09, 2018, 01:12:40 PM »

Oooh I'd love to see pictures!

I have some Ty plushies and I think they are cute, and I'd love to have BaB plushies but I can't afford them.  But in general I agree plushies could be much better.

I don't like Flutter Pony wings.  I do have one Flutter with original wings and she's very special of course.  But I just don't think they look like wings.  I like the Summer/Windy Wing Ponies much better.  Their wings are much prettier and more creative, plus they are more durable.  I think the ponies themselves are cuter too.  I do like Flutter Ponies though!  I do like the iridescence of their wings and their delicate look, I just think they could have been shaped better.
~RavenPaw
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 09, 2018, 02:36:44 PM »

Oooh I'd love to see pictures!

I have some Ty plushies and I think they are cute, and I'd love to have BaB plushies but I can't afford them.  But in general I agree plushies could be much better.

I don't like Flutter Pony wings.  I do have one Flutter with original wings and she's very special of course.  But I just don't think they look like wings.  I like the Summer/Windy Wing Ponies much better.  Their wings are much prettier and more creative, plus they are more durable.  I think the ponies themselves are cuter too.  I do like Flutter Ponies though!  I do like the iridescence of their wings and their delicate look, I just think they could have been shaped better.

That is why l was so happy to get Flutters with no wings, so l could make my own ones more accurate with the wings they should have gotten. The original ones are too weird for me.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #785 on: January 10, 2018, 03:08:45 PM »
I don't like most of the official G4 plushies (except the Build-A-Bear ones--but why does their hair get messed up so easily??? Like????)

BUT

I also don't like the G1 plushies, the Hasbro Softies.  They look unhappy, like they're screaming their regrets.

About the 'bootleg' (but nice) plushes, I just found out they made G1 Jazzie.  You can easily find her on eBay if you search for her.  Has her rollerskates and CD player and everything.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:11:14 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 10, 2018, 04:16:47 PM »
I don't like most of the official G4 plushies (except the Build-A-Bear ones--but why does their hair get messed up so easily??? Like????)

BUT

I also don't like the G1 plushies, the Hasbro Softies.  They look unhappy, like they're screaming their regrets.

About the 'bootleg' (but nice) plushes, I just found out they made G1 Jazzie.  You can easily find her on eBay if you search for her.  Has her rollerskates and CD player and everything.
I'm pretty sure it's a g4 version of her, but she looks nice.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #787 on: January 10, 2018, 04:31:12 PM »
I like flutter pony wings better than Windy and Summer Wing ones. Even though they break easily.

I don't really like official plushes either, and especially the G1 ones. I have a soft spot for Honeycomb but I actually think some of the best plush come from G3. I have an amazing huge Sunny Daze from Australia stuffed away in my cupboard waiting for me to have floor space to flop her down like a rug.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #788 on: January 22, 2018, 08:38:33 PM »
Whoa, how did this make it to page 3? Anyway!

Don't think I've posted this here? I love the new Equestria Girls dolls a lot. They feel higher quality than the older ones. Clothes feel better, hair is better. I have all seven of the new ones now and I'm excited for whenever they announce more (I especially would love some deluxe ones with fancier outfits and more articulation).

My only real complaints are that Rainbow's hair has way too much blue, and I don't like that the apple on AJ's shirt is a sticker.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 30, 2018, 03:13:49 AM »
People on eBay.uk selling ponies without doing research. On eBay.uk today I found someone selling pony books, with Bow Tie and they're saying its a flutter pony. Clearly they don't know the difference between Flutter pony size and the earth pony size.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #790 on: January 30, 2018, 04:52:42 AM »
People on eBay.uk selling ponies without doing research. On eBay.uk today I found someone selling pony books, with Bow Tie and they're saying its a flutter pony. Clearly they don't know the difference between Flutter pony size and the earth pony size.

Agree with this. The people who put HTF RARE but haven't even bothered to look up the name also annoys me. It's not like one pony is the same as another...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 30, 2018, 03:29:08 PM »
I think G3, especially the movies  (i.e. Princess Promenade) had the best animation out of all MLP cartoons.

I don't like Mimic's color at all.

I never liked the g4 toys that aren't show-accurate because their foreheads are giant.

I prefer TAF Yumyum with faded hair because white ponies with white hair are my absolute favorite.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 31, 2018, 06:15:00 AM »
I think G3, especially the movies  (i.e. Princess Promenade) had the best animation out of all MLP cartoons.
I second this completely!  It is one of the reasons I refer to G3 as "The Beautiful Generation".
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 31, 2018, 09:01:29 AM »

I agree too!  To be fair though, G1 isn't really the kind of show that gets praise for its animation usually and G4 tends to be a matter of taste.  The G3 animation is pretty universally appealing looking.

Probably one of my biggest pet peeves with MLP toys is poses that have the legs fused to the body (Bubbles/Firefly pose in G1) or the legs fused together (some G2 poses) or the leg fused to itself (like the G2 Tipsy Tulip pose).  It's one nice thing about G3 and G4, as far as I'm aware neither generation did these things with the brushables.

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 31, 2018, 09:26:02 AM »

I agree too!  To be fair though, G1 isn't really the kind of show that gets praise for its animation usually and G4 tends to be a matter of taste.  The G3 animation is pretty universally appealing looking.

Probably one of my biggest pet peeves with MLP toys is poses that have the legs fused to the body (Bubbles/Firefly pose in G1) or the legs fused together (some G2 poses) or the leg fused to itself (like the G2 Tipsy Tulip pose).  It's one nice thing about G3 and G4, as far as I'm aware neither generation did these things with the brushables.
so true
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal