collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 20705 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #660 on: December 07, 2017, 11:24:17 PM »
This one is probably really controversial and I don't mean offense to anyone who uses the term but, I hate the term pony cancer. I think its kinda, I dunno, wrong to use that word when so many have suffered or lost to it. Either directly or by proxy of a loved one.

I agree with this.

Also I don't like the sitting pose.

I can't remember if I put this in this thread, but I prefer simple ponies over ones with gimmicks.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #661 on: December 07, 2017, 11:34:31 PM »
I like the Soda Sippin ponies and their ice cream floats.

Ponyfan

Thank you  Safflower for my avatar and Jennifer 2004 for my sig.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
« Reply #662 on: December 08, 2017, 12:18:49 AM »

Ponyfan

They are gorgeous girls and their accessories are really fun.  But I guess Hasbro forgot what mouths were.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:53:20 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
« Reply #663 on: December 08, 2017, 01:45:56 AM »
This one is probably really controversial and I don't mean offense to anyone who uses the term but, I hate the term pony cancer. I think its kinda, I dunno, wrong to use that word when so many have suffered or lost to it. Either directly or by proxy of a loved one.
I agree. I remember reading somewhere that on eBay, a buyer messaged a seller "does she have cancer" or something along the lines of that, and the seller was very hurt and shocked because she had a loved one die from actual cancer :( I feel like it is insensitive.

Ponyfan
Me too! I love their color schemes!

I'm surprised at how many people like neon yellow hair, I thought everyone hated it, haha :biggrin: I'm glad people like it :)
"What does a winner do when life gives him lemons? He squeezes them right back into lifes EYES!" -Nicole Watterson

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #664 on: December 09, 2017, 09:11:57 AM »

I agree with this.

I can't remember if I put this in this thread, but I prefer simple ponies over ones with gimmicks.

I agree with LAW's comment and the above comments about simple ponies over gimmicks. Rainbow and TE level gimmicks though I am fine with, just I like the old school ponies better.

I also dislike the use of pony cancer. I dislike most of the terms we use for flaws because frankly they don't make sense to me and never have, I have no idea what inspired half of them. But a lot of people in my familiy have been affected by cancer. It's not an appropriate term for a plastic toy. Unfortunately just saying that won't change anything, because people have been objecting to its use for years, but it still gets used...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Be kind and sparkly!
« Reply #665 on: December 09, 2017, 02:11:03 PM »
Also, my favorite G1s are Posey, Kiss Curl and Tootsie. They are underestimated yet awesome. I have a small Posey army. :blush:

Posey is so pretty, I agree that she is so underrated!
Good old Tootsie, love her colours, it would have been great to see her in another pose, though!

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #666 on: December 09, 2017, 11:45:10 PM »
I prefer Cascade and her green waterfall to Sprinkles and her white one. Cascade is one of my very favourite ponies and I think she is tremendously underrated/forgotten about.
:lovey: :bunny:

Current wish list: G1s: Cranberry Muffins, Lemon Treats, Bright Eyes (from 7 friends), Dazzleglow (white and blue heart versions), 25th Anni retro ponies (Windy, Starshine, Moonstone, Sunlight, Skydancer), Crumpet, Mummy Sunbright, Mommy and Baby Pony, Sweet Scoops, Li'l Tot, Princess Taffeta, Magenta Satin 'N' Lace, G1 Dragons; Nirvanas: Applebelle, Applescotch, any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)! :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• G3 Rosey Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
« Reply #667 on: December 09, 2017, 11:59:07 PM »

I agree with this.

I agree with LAW's comment and the above comments about simple ponies over gimmicks. Rainbow and TE level gimmicks though I am fine with, just I like the old school ponies better.

I also dislike the use of pony cancer. I dislike most of the terms we use for flaws because frankly they don't make sense to me and never have, I have no idea what inspired half of them. But a lot of people in my familiy have been affected by cancer. It's not an appropriate term for a plastic toy. Unfortunately just saying that won't change anything, because people have been objecting to its use for years, but it still gets used...

:( :hug:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• G3 Rosey Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
« Reply #668 on: December 09, 2017, 11:59:33 PM »
I prefer Cascade and her green waterfall to Sprinkles and her white one. Cascade is one of my very favourite ponies and I think she is tremendously underrated/forgotten about.

Me too. I wish we'd gotten Cascade.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • My Customs
« Reply #669 on: December 10, 2017, 12:19:23 AM »

ditto, I never can find her sometimes shes so hard to find. I think shes pretty. Maybe someday I shall get her. Until then I just gaze at her beauty. Not that I like sprinkles but Cascade is just so different.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #670 on: December 10, 2017, 01:25:21 AM »

ditto, I never can find her sometimes shes so hard to find. I think shes pretty. Maybe someday I shall get her. Until then I just gaze at her beauty. Not that I like sprinkles but Cascade is just so different.

We had both but Sprinkles is a lot more common here than Cascade. :/ I don't really know why that is. It seems like they both went on sale around the same time, but I suppose we must have had more Sprinkles sets than Cascade ones...

Sprinkles was in the comics a far bit. Cascade is in one annual but never in the comics :/

I also like Cascade more :/

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #671 on: December 10, 2017, 02:31:49 AM »
:throw: gets ready to dodge fakies* I used to use the term "pony cancer" before I realized it was offensive to people and have since stopped using it.

Add me to the group that likes Cascade better than Sprinkles.  :)

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:21:36 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you  Safflower for my avatar and Jennifer 2004 for my sig.

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #672 on: December 10, 2017, 02:50:16 AM »
- I don't like Sprinkles at ALL, she always looked like a faded Firefly to me.
- also I hate the Firefly pose.
- most of the G3 ponies after the head-turn change look awful. I've passed on ponies whose design I loved but she looked too much like a camel (RIP Daffidazey).
- G3 Chocolate Chipper seems beloved (at least on tumblr?) but I hate her! she's so generic pink-and-purple with the design being an afterthought slapped on there. I wish she had some yellows, creams, dark reds or navys, maybe brown??? worked into her design, ughh.
- if there's a nirvana pony I want, I would never be happy with a custom of her.
- I can't watch the G1 cartoon as an adult, it just has zero artistic merit and even nostalgia isn't enough to make it enjoyable for me. I think "Rescue at Midnight Castle" is pretty enjoyable for a children's 80s cartoon, it's a good sick day movie.
- don't like the G4 toy line! MLP has always been dozens and dozens of unique pony "characters" to collect, and releasing the same characters over and over isn't why I like collecting MLP. it also feels cheaply-made (that hair!).
- I just loathe FiM Pinkie Pie.

aaah that felt good to get out.
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Be kind and sparkly!
« Reply #673 on: December 10, 2017, 03:57:47 AM »
*  :throw:gets ready to dodge fakies* I used to use the term "pony cancer" before I realized it was offensive to people and have since stopped using it.

^^ me too, for both comments! Hmm but what new term could we use to describe those specific brown dots?

Ah, Cascade, my surprise Christmas present one year, I never knew she/playset existed until then! I have the playset still, but Cascade is awol... I have since got a couple of replacements though  :) Yes I agree that Sprinkles does remind me of a faded Firefly!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Unable to buy, sell, or trade
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #674 on: December 10, 2017, 04:12:46 AM »
*  :throw:gets ready to dodge fakies* I used to use the term "pony cancer" before I realized it was offensive to people and have since stopped using it.

^^ me too, for both comments! Hmm but what new term could we use to describe those specific brown dots?

We already have one, "age spots".