collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 403318 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 10:25:59 AM »
I genuinely like the Takara ponies, which are adorable.
I like g4 ponies, even though fans of earlier gens don't really seem to.
I dislike the seaponies, of g1 and their shoo-be-doo's.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2017, 12:02:18 PM »
I also am not a huge fan of the collectors pose.

Semi related, I don't understand why G3 Minty is considered the same character as g1 Minty.  IMHO, they are clearly two different ponies.  Not at all like g1 Applejack and G4 Applejack.

Speaking of which, g1 Applejack has always been one of my least favorite ponies.  (Orange is my least favorite color.). I only like G4 Applejack because my Texas self loves her country personality and emphasis on family.

To me Mail Order Stockings is *the* definitive Christmas pony (she was in my childhood herd) and I'm always surprised at how she is so little known compared to the other holiday ponies.  And I keep trying to fix this by pointing it out whenever I can.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2017, 01:53:17 PM »
Oh, I just remembered two more boy ponies in girl molds. Sniffles (well, in the UK at least) and Noodles.

Semi related, I don't understand why G3 Minty is considered the same character as g1 Minty.  IMHO, they are clearly two different ponies.  Not at all like g1 Applejack and G4 Applejack.

Yes, same!! IMO if they're from a different gen, then they're different characters. Like, I consider G1, G3 and G4 Applejack to be three entirely seperate characters.

I don't know if this is controversial, but I wish Honeycomb's hair was golden (like her baby) instead of chartreuse.  I think it makes more sense for a bee themed pony--like honey. ;)

This would be nice!! I like how her baby doesn't match her (I dunno, I just like it when the baby ponies are slightly different - like how Baby Glory and Moondancer's hair is lighter than their mums', or how some of them are different breeds, etc) but Honeycomb would look nice with that colour hair.. I wonder if anyone's ever made a custom like that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mlly

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2017, 02:29:36 PM »
I don't dislike her but I just don't get why G3 Minty is so popular and is the most popular of her Gen. Her colors and symbols are nothing special.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2017, 02:52:55 PM »
I don't dislike her but I just don't get why G3 Minty is so popular and is the most popular of her Gen. Her colors and symbols are nothing special.

They like her personality.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2017, 03:11:17 PM »
First and then you can kill me off: l like customizing ponies, for me is like giving them a new life, so sorry for those who find that an abomination.

Then, l hate flutter pony original wings, they look like nothing the ones from the tv show. Ok they are shiny and sparkling but still, don't like them.

As for Perfume puff ponies, l would love to get a Red Roses with baited hair so l could rehair her my way.

As for so soft ponies, they should all have been like this or none of them, but when you get used to the nss the flocked are weird. Maybe if from the beginning all the ponies would have been flocked then it would be ok. After all ponies have fur...
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline ponytales

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2017, 03:40:18 PM »
Don't like So-Softs. As previously said, the flocking takes away from the beauty of their symbols and colours. For example, I love Lofty but only if she's perfectly deflocked. That way I can really *see* her!

Also don't like the BBE's. It's hard for me not to attach a personality to every pony that comes through my door but the BBE's are just creepy to me.... I feel like they're always about to blink all by themselves!  :shocked:

And yet I LOVE the Piggy Ponies. They're beautiful and not creepy at all!

Currently seeking Italian Blue Lickety Split :inlove:

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2017, 04:50:50 PM »
And yet I LOVE the Piggy Ponies. They're beautiful and not creepy at all!

I love love love piggy ponies. Especially Algodoncete, she's a big dreamie of mine. Her little legs are just so cute! How could anybody not love something so unique?

wishlist

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2017, 05:15:21 PM »
I adore the teeny-tiny face, perhaps because it does resemble a cat, and I've always loved cats!
I dislike most ponies with electronic gimmicks, as they tend to use the harder plastic which makes them feel... cheaper? in my eyes, and I like vaguely squishy pony vinyl  ^.^
I don't actually mind the obvious jointing/movable parts/magnet noses found on Magic Motion G2s - not sure why. When I was younger this used to bug me, but now I'm able to easily overlook it for some reason :satisfied:
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2017, 08:29:02 PM »
I don't like Wind Whistler's cartoon personality.  I always felt like she was purposely throwing word-of-the-day vocabulary into her speech to look smart when she was not, in fact, particularly clever.  She still needed a twelve year old girl to take charge, you know what I'm sayin'?

Haha, so true! I never cared for her either.

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2017, 09:31:17 AM »
I love the G3 So Softs, i think they are really adorable.
I love the original G4 style for the toys and i much prefer it to the reboot.
I don't care for Punzie (is that really an unpopular opinion now that everybody is saying it?)
I like Tinsel and 3D symbols when it looks good (like on the g1 princesses)
I love the G4 talking twilight toy, she is one of my favorite g4 toys and one of my favorites from all generations tbh.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2017, 11:38:30 PM »
Hrm.
I don't like Sundae Best ponies, I think their changed moulds and wishy washy colours make them ugly. I also consider all sweet-related scented ponies some kind of weapon of mass destruction unleashed on the world because of the nauseating nature of their perfumes. The only scents I can stand are the Perfume Puffs, which I adore.

I like UK pony names better than US pony names. And will use them, even if people don't have a clue who I mean xD.

I hate Pinkie Pie.

I am not a huge fan of MLP animation in any generation. I like G1 better than G3 and G4, but I can take it or leave it. I am a comic character girl. I also actively hate MLP the Movie. The only thing in it that I don't hate is the smooze song, because it's epic.

Magic Star looks better with all four hooves on the ground.  (This is an opinion that surprises even me because as a kid I hated that pose, but now I can't see the rearing SS as the true Magic Star...to me she's the one in Tootsie's pose and that's that.)

I don't need there to be a G5. I also don't need to see Hasbro superimpose G1 onto any other generation. I am happy with G1 as G1, and think that later generations should have and deserve their own identity. I also don't mind if MLP ends for good or if it doesn't, because I don't believe you can recreate childhood nostalgia that easily anyway. Basically, you can't uninvent what already exists, and to me MLP doesn't need to keep creating new lines to justify itself.

The most unpopular opinion I probably have though is this one:

Many Nirvana prices are entirely unjustifiable, and spending several thousand dollars on a single pony, while I respect that as an individual choice, to me is utterly crazy. I get a tick every time I see someone say that x pony is "worth" $3000. It's only worth that if someone is willing to pay it, and quite frankly, all ponies were created equal.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 11:42:14 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2017, 12:25:11 AM »
Oh, that reminds me of another unpopular opinion of mine:

I hate the term "Nirvana".  I prefer "variants" and "country exclusives."
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2017, 12:31:09 AM »
Oh, that reminds me of another unpopular opinion of mine:

I hate the term "Nirvana".  I prefer "variants" and "country exclusives."

If we're getting down to that nitty gritty, I dislike the term "variant" being applied to something sold in Europe or the UK vis a vis the US version. The most common example is with Confetti, or the Fancy Pants Babies. The word version is fine, but variant makes it sound like they're some kind of mutated species that's subordinate to the original genus. In fact, in the case of those two examples, they have different set names anyway to identify them.

Whiich brings me to another gripe I totally forgot till you brought this up.

I really hate "non-" labels. Non Beddy Bye Eye. Non So Soft. etc. Ponies are not non-versions of another pony. They're ponies in their own right and have proper labels that I wish people would use instead.

I don't really like the Nirvana term either, now you mention it. It sounds elitist.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 12:33:28 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal