collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 407807 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1980 on: February 16, 2020, 07:58:01 PM »
G3 Cotton Candy is prettier then G1
Both Bowties are equally gorgeous
I prefer Loyal Subjects Minty over G1, G3 and G4
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: February 17, 2020, 04:09:06 AM »
G3 Cotton Candy is prettier then G1
Totally agree with this one - G3 Cotton Candy is a very beautifully designed pony, in my opinion.  Slightly Related: It's a shame she seems to have next to no fanart out there...
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: February 21, 2020, 02:47:49 PM »
I love the pearly shimmery-ness of G3 plastic.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:44:11 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 22, 2020, 01:09:09 AM »
I adore Beddy Bye Eye babies. I have the complete set already, but every time I see one, I want it. I naturally have a few duplicates, and its reasonable self control that has thus far kept it to only a few duplicates! I just really love them. I think they are sweet and cannot understand why they creep so many people out.
As a Furby fan I totally relate.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline promqueen

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 22, 2020, 09:37:16 AM »
My unpopular opinions are that African ponies are ugly & I don't get the love for Takara they just look weird to me.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1985 on: February 22, 2020, 10:06:32 AM »

I love the pearly ones, but I was surprised how much I really love G3 Wysteria in the diva pose, despite not liking that pose much. And I think it's all to do with how she's matte and it works so nicely with her colouring I just really love her. So for me pearl is a pony by pony thing.

I also agree about G3 CC I think. I have some nostalgia for G1 CC but I don't like that pose.

I genuinely think the retro collector pose set are mostly nicer than their original counterparts too.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 22, 2020, 10:16:03 AM »

I love the pearly ones, but I was surprised how much I really love G3 Wysteria in the diva pose, despite not liking that pose much. And I think it's all to do with how she's matte and it works so nicely with her colouring I just really love her. So for me pearl is a pony by pony thing.

I also agree about G3 CC I think. I have some nostalgia for G1 CC but I don't like that pose.

I genuinely think the retro collector pose set are mostly nicer than their original counterparts too.

Wysteria is just a pretty pony. I think she just kind of makes any pose she's in look good. Even the diva pose. I like her best on the Tangerine Twinkle pose personally.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 23, 2020, 09:53:02 AM »
Not sure if being positive about Pony Life is still unpopular, but I'm positive about it - I also don't mind the animation/art style even if it is a step down from everything that came before (except maybe Newborn Cuties), but it doesn't look that bad in my opinion (I feel that all forms of animation can look good if done right, and as a pony show, it has potential to do it right.)  I also find it silly people comparing it to Teen Titans GO!, because it doesn't look like it to me.

I may have mentioned this before, but, in relation to this, a silly unpopular opinion of mine is, you know that song from the Pony Life commercial that everyone found inappropriate for MLP because it said the word "hell"?  Well, it's still not appropriate, but I still like it, because I nostalgically associate it with My Little Pony now.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 28, 2020, 12:07:01 AM »
G1:- I like BBEs. They add extra poses & are a bit younger than non-BBEs
I prefer Boys to have furry hooves & am one of those who calls Sportstime & Schoolbag girls, while Customising Family Friends Daddies in furry hooves poses
I don't see the Pony cartoons as canon, & consider the UK stories more canon, while the cartoons were just Ponies acting. Even Tales is a Pony soap to me & the Characters are trying to live normal lives after their acting days
G2:- I like a lot of them & never got the hate. To me they're the same age as Dabble, Scribbles & the HQG1C wingless flutters. Plus the Babies are similar in age to Teeny G1s
G3:- I hate the fact they only have symbols on one side!!!
I love Newborn Cuties, & have Customised Newborn cuties of all the Soft Newborns I own, plus some others.
I don't like how G3s were portrayed in cartoons one bit. Far too babyish, & that's the adults.
G4:- So very small!!! As in a G4 adult is the same size as a G1 Baby!!!
Again, symbols on one side
Don't like the term cutie mark. What's wrong with rump??? Or hip???
Please for the love of God, stop repeating characters & give us more new ones!!! (I'd put that in caps but it would break rules so...)
Petites/ Ponyvilles/ Blind Bags:- I don't see them as the main part of a collection & only as a supplement. Don't understand why there are ten times as many Blind Bags as G4 brushables. I do still have some of each though
Plush:- I love all brushable plush!!! I also love plush with troll hair (like on the heads of troll dolls), & soft newborns with brushable or troll hair.
General: I prefer brushables wherever possible
I hate too much pink everywhere, & restrict my G3 collection accordingly. More blue/yellow/purple/orange/green/white please

And I think that's my Pony venting/opinion session over!!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 03:26:08 PM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: February 28, 2020, 01:49:59 AM »
O don't see the Pony cartoons as canon, & consider the UK stories more canon, while the cartoons were just Ponies acting. Even Tales is a Pony soap to me & the Characters are trying to live normal lives after their acting days

I love this idea! Pony actors! I sort of think of Friendship is Magic in a similar way, as it is so different from the pony world I imagine my ponies living in.

My latest unpopular opinion is that I quite like the recent Pony Life shorts that have been on YouTube. The continual giggling is a bit much, but I do think they're cute and I think I would have loved them as a little child - and little children are after all the target audience for ponies. I am not a big fan of FiM, I think it tries too hard and its morals are forced. Give me giggly ponies engaging in silly high jinks any day :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1990 on: February 28, 2020, 04:11:21 AM »
O don't see the Pony cartoons as canon, & consider the UK stories more canon, while the cartoons were just Ponies acting. Even Tales is a Pony soap to me & the Characters are trying to live normal lives after their acting days

That's a great explanation for the TV shows. For me as a kid they were so much out of character, and with different names, and so on, that that explanation makes a lot more sense somehow.

I am very biased towards the UK canon, but it did run for longer and include more ponies. And a lot of the ponies that the UK did not have, the US did not include in the animation anyway...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: February 28, 2020, 06:55:56 AM »
I don’t personally have a ‘canon’ but I prefer the stories of ponies living more like intelligent horses over humans who happen to look like ponies.  Basically, the more they act like humans, the less I like it.

Even though I liked FiM, I wasn’t invested in individual characters or stories.  Ponies could have been switched out all the time and I wouldn’t have minded or missed them.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 28, 2020, 06:37:54 PM »

That's a great explanation for the TV shows. For me as a kid they were so much out of character, and with different names, and so on, that that explanation makes a lot more sense somehow.

I am very biased towards the UK canon, but it did run for longer and include more ponies. And a lot of the ponies that the UK did not have, the US did not include in the animation anyway...

I love this idea! Pony actors! I sort of think of Friendship is Magic in a similar way, as it is so different from the pony world I imagine my ponies living in.

My latest unpopular opinion is that I quite like the recent Pony Life shorts that have been on YouTube. The continual giggling is a bit much, but I do think they're cute and I think I would have loved them as a little child - and little children are after all the target audience for ponies. I am not a big fan of FiM, I think it tries too hard and its morals are forced. Give me giggly ponies engaging in silly high jinks any day :)
Cheers folks xxx I know we have our own stories for everypony & how they fit in our Ponyworlds.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 28, 2020, 07:10:35 PM »
I'm loving the G4 Retros. They're far prettier then any other Mane Suxx. I wish they'd left Twilight Sporkles symbol in tact though.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: March 11, 2020, 08:31:07 AM »
I don't get how its ruining a pony when a practiced and talented person  restores it. If it doesn't ruin old buildings, works of art, dinosaur skeletons, your 30 yo gaming system, or your rusty bike, then it won't ruin a toy.

I understand of course that its unscrupulous to not disclose that it had work done and sell it for full price as mint condition. Or that inexperienced people can muck it up in their quest to learn, but an honest seller and a good restoration is not a bad thing.

I  respect that this is a personal preference for many.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:11:29 AM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal