collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404871 times)

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1785 on: October 22, 2019, 03:43:54 PM »
Unpopular opinion: I didn't like the Pony Tales cartoon. It was just.....Poorly written to me. To be fair, I have bad memories surrounding the cartoon so it might have to do with that. Although it was wholesome enough so I wouldn't mind something similar, and I did like the characters.
Maybe to uhh... Help me forget the drama and disturbing content of FIM, G3 style would be the way to go with g5, to even it out. One gen can be more for the older audience (12, 13, 14 ect.) (but still for kids obviously, they better not forget that) but also do gens that cater to younger kids. I personally want them to keep it how they had it before FIM but that's not going to happen now. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 06:22:24 PM by caseysealia »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 22, 2019, 05:52:48 PM »
MLP's media should NEVER try to cater to adults. Its not that kind of show. Its not Airbender or some rated r anime. Its an adventurous but innocent girls show and it was the worst thing they ever did and they're too stupid and arrogant to realize how much damage they've done.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shadowperla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: October 22, 2019, 06:11:53 PM »
MLP's media should NEVER try to cater to adults. Its not that kind of show. Its not Airbender or some rated r anime. Its an adventurous but innocent girls show and it was the worst thing they ever did and they're too stupid and arrogant to realize how much damage they've done.
Can I marry yu

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 22, 2019, 06:20:28 PM »
Exactly. To me,as old as they should go audience wise is middle school aged. Obviously adults can enjoy it but they must NEVER forget that there are little kids watching. There are adults that are literally contacting the crew members to put swearing, scanty clothing and absolute dirty jokes in this show. And instead of blocking, not responding they play along and approve of it. Its getting to the point where I'm uncomfortable to even WATCH it, much less be anywhere near that fandom. G3 had adults enjoying it, yet there was no issues with that. As mature as g5 should be is as mature as g1 was. I'm 19 so obviously I grew up with FIM. I appreciated the shift in audience that it catered to early on, (which I thought was teens/pre-teens) or as Lauren Faust had it, I was dealing with thinking I was "too old" for g3 and LOVED that g4 was more mature and exciting. I loved the characters, plots and everything else. But after much of the crew left, including Faust, it became a wreck. I was glad that I grew to love g3 again. I also realized that MLP in general should stick with being for younger kids. And honestly? You can cater to adults and teens without making it unsafe for kids. They had that balance in the early seasons, but for some reason screwed up big time on it. I don't really want to rant on how "bad" FIM is because I know there are a lot of people on this site and in our little group of pony lovers who adore it. I like it too, but I realize its the crew that screwed up and more  so a fandom issue than the show its self. They tested out the more mature theme on it, it happened. Now lets move on and hope g5 is safe for kids again.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 06:55:59 PM by caseysealia »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: October 22, 2019, 07:16:37 PM »
Exactly. To me,as old as they should go audience wise is middle school aged. Obviously adults can enjoy it but they must NEVER forget that there are little kids watching. There are adults that are literally contacting the crew members to put swearing, scanty clothing and absolute dirty jokes in this show. And instead of blocking, not responding they play along and approve of it. Its getting to the point where I'm uncomfortable to even WATCH it, much less be anywhere near that fandom. G3 had adults enjoying it, yet there was no issues with that. As mature as g5 should be is as mature as g1 was. I'm 19 so obviously I grew up with FIM. I appreciated the shift in audience that it catered to early on, (which I thought was teens/pre-teens) or as Lauren Faust had it, I was dealing with thinking I was "too old" for g3 and LOVED that g4 was more mature and exciting. I loved the characters, plots and everything else. But after much of the crew left, including Faust, it became a wreck. I was glad that I grew to love g3 again. I also realized that MLP in general should stick with being for younger kids. And honestly? You can cater to adults and teens without making it unsafe for kids. They had that balance in the early seasons, but for some reason screwed up big time on it. I don't really want to rant on how "bad" FIM is because I know there are a lot of people on this site and in our little group of pony lovers who adore it. I like it too, but I realize its the crew that screwed up and more  so a fandom issue than the show its self. They tested out the more mature theme on it, it happened. Now lets move on and hope g5 is safe for kids again.

I've never seen anything in the show itself that would be objectionable to allow kids to watch. Fandom spaces are another story and I do wish the adult fans would have stuck to their own spaces.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 22, 2019, 07:18:58 PM »

I've never seen anything in the show itself that would be objectionable to allow kids to watch. Fandom spaces are another story and I do wish the adult fans would have stuck to their own spaces.
The show's issue is that it became a fan service, which is questionable. These are people in charge of making content for kids. Its sad that they have no issue with talking to people who make NSFW content that kids and even fans who want nothing to do with it come across. Yes with the internet all shows have this. MLP is not the only one going through this. But what I've seen is more...Shame be given in other fandoms that keep a lot of dirty content hidden. The MLP staff just thinks it funny, and it made me uncomfortable going to Twitter or such. Its not even small amounts its EVERYWHERE and the creators are not in the dark what so ever. I found stuff when I was ten and the internet wasn't nearly what it is now, so I only imagine that its much worse now. So no, as I did state, its not the show itself, but who's working on it. And the staff has no concern about what's going on either. Of course, not all the staff is like this. The only reason watching it makes me uncomfortable is because of what I've come across, and what I've stated above.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 07:41:49 PM by caseysealia »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: October 23, 2019, 11:28:08 AM »
I think Mom and Baby Up Up and Away are very cute and underrated TAFs. like them with white hair better.

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 23, 2019, 11:41:20 AM »
I think Mom and Baby Up Up and Away are very cute and underrated TAFs. like them with white hair better.
IKR like Baby Up up and away goes for way less than the other 5. I like mommy Up up and away with white hair but to me her baby looks better with pink.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1793 on: October 27, 2019, 12:15:39 PM »
I love purple/yellow as a color combination. Such a classic. I will never tire of it.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: October 27, 2019, 01:02:28 PM »
I love purple/yellow as a color combination. Such a classic. I will never tire of it.
I 100% agree. Autumn Crisp is an example, and one of my faves :heart: :lovey:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1795 on: October 27, 2019, 01:30:42 PM »
Orange and green ponies are the best! Long live Argies!

:throw:  :bolt:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 27, 2019, 02:12:24 PM »

Spring Parade? And Gardener are remarkably pretty ponies and this is coming from someone who doesn't like orange very much.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1797 on: October 27, 2019, 04:23:04 PM »

Spring Parade?

Lucozade pony! I think Spring Parade may be her actual name, but she's Lucozade to me now...

Applejack set the trend for orange ponies and Berry Bright is best G2 pony, so orange is good with me.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: October 27, 2019, 07:10:18 PM »

Spring Parade?

Lucozade pony! I think Spring Parade may be her actual name, but she's Lucozade to me now...

Applejack set the trend for orange ponies and Berry Bright is best G2 pony, so orange is good with me.

The orange/green g3 with the hippie flower symbol.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: October 28, 2019, 05:24:37 AM »
Eh, if I want laid back and low stakes I'll take Tales. Although the Runaway Rainbow and Ladybug Jambooree was awfully cute. I still haven't seen Faraway Friends or well, most G3 stuff.

I can recommend watching Minty Christmas around Christmas time. Minty almost gets herself killed trying to pilot a balloon in stormy weather all on her own.
It's also legit funny how the other ponies react to Minty. It's like Pinkie Pie has just given up trying to understand her :lol:

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion on the Arena but I'd take Minty Christmas over the FiM Hearth's Warming episodes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal