collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 406869 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1395 on: October 01, 2018, 03:27:57 PM »
Speaking of Newborn Cuties I have to mention this animated Newborn Cuties short.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A7jzFwtikSI

It’s really funny when you realize in Runaway Rainbow the ponies didn’t know about Unicornia yet but here they mention that everyone knows where unicorns come from.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #1396 on: October 01, 2018, 03:29:32 PM »
I get why some  people like them so much.  But definitely not my think.  I'm not a huge chibi-style fan, so that might have something to do with it!

Newborn Cutuies...meh they're okay.  I like them better than the adults

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 01, 2018, 03:41:39 PM »
Honestly I think the lack of characters is the biggest turn-off of G3.5, to me. I'm not a fan of the style to begin with, but if there were more characters I'm sure I would've been converted eventually ;) that's how G4.5 got me.

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #1398 on: October 02, 2018, 04:45:10 AM »
I dont really get why so many people seem to love Gusty? I think she is rather boring. Ok, the red strike in her hair is nice, but the dark green is so dull.  The other unicorns from that set is so much prettier imo, but still, hasbro choosed Gusty to make several variants of... :P
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1399 on: October 02, 2018, 10:29:36 AM »
I dont really get why so many people seem to love Gusty? I think she is rather boring. Ok, the red strike in her hair is nice, but the dark green is so dull.  The other unicorns from that set is so much prettier imo, but still, hasbro choosed Gusty to make several variants of... :P

I don't dislike Gusty, but I was gutted when I realised we may have come super close to having Ribbon instead ;) I really love Ribbon. I'd have loved her as a kid. I don't hate Gusty, and I grew up with her in the sense a friend of mine had her and I now have that pony, so I have a nostalgic fondness for her. She was also pushed down our throats in the comics as well. So I can't dislike her. But I'm just kind of...give me Ribbon. Seriously.

I like the glittery symbol Gusty better than the UK one. Which might seem an impossible opinion from me but it's true. I really want a Fable Gusty because I feel like she's the perfect Gusty and the one we didn't get.

But if it's a choice. Give me Ribbon. Anyday.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: October 02, 2018, 01:30:35 PM »

I don't dislike Gusty, but I was gutted when I realised we may have come super close to having Ribbon instead ;) I really love Ribbon. I'd have loved her as a kid. I don't hate Gusty, and I grew up with her in the sense a friend of mine had her and I now have that pony, so I have a nostalgic fondness for her. She was also pushed down our throats in the comics as well. So I can't dislike her. But I'm just kind of...give me Ribbon. Seriously.

I like the glittery symbol Gusty better than the UK one. Which might seem an impossible opinion from me but it's true. I really want a Fable Gusty because I feel like she's the perfect Gusty and the one we didn't get.

Imagine if Ribbon had been available in the UK in Gusty's pose  :lovey:
I would probably have about ten. Gusty is nice, one of my favourites, but RIBBON *grabby hands*

Unpopular opinion: I'm not that bothered about MLP having a cartoon to go with it, in fact I would prefer if it didn't. A generation that was just ponies and merchandise (like G2) or mostly ponies and merchandise with a cartoon that isn't really important (like G1) would be ideal at this point. I am just done with it being All About The Show, and this whole "the Mane 6 must always be for sale because of people just getting into The Show". I just want pony toys!! The show is fun (sometimes; when it's not moralising boringly), but it dominates too much.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: October 02, 2018, 02:01:01 PM »
I'm with you on this one, Shaz :) It was alright when the cartoon was just a secondary thing and the main focus was still on the toys, but FiM has just taken over tooooo much.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1402 on: October 02, 2018, 02:02:12 PM »
I like Ribbon pretty good in Ribbon's pose. But I never thought about one in Gusty's. O.O. Someone make that happen, please O.O.

Ribbon deflocked matches Baby Ribbon really well, incidentally. She'd have been the perfect addition. She didn't need a glitter symbol because Ribbon never had one. So Ribbon! Ribbon, Hasbro! Get yourselves sorted out!

I also agree about the TV show. I am fine with there being one, but I don't like when the show > the toy line. I had 4 episodes of MLP as a kid on VHS. I watched them loads but I wasn't really invested in them as dictating my world view of ponies. Even the comics, which I read more and remember pretty well, didn't dictate how I played ponies. I loved that moment of personal imagination...I always kept their names, but I made my own stories and I think that's what ponies should be about. :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 02, 2018, 06:54:05 PM »
Never been a fan of the so soft gimmick even as a kid. In fact, I remember buying Wind Whistler, who became my favorite pony. Growing annoyed that under all that fuzzy fuzziness must be a really awesomely colored pony. Only to find there was no easy way to remove it, oddly enough I loved fuzzy stickers just not on my ponies.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 02, 2018, 08:36:40 PM »
I didn't like the SS gimmick but I settled for SS Paradise and suddenly loved the gimmick when it's nearly mint.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #1405 on: October 03, 2018, 06:28:15 AM »

Imagine if Ribbon had been available in the UK in Gusty's pose  :lovey:
I would probably have about ten. Gusty is nice, one of my favourites, but RIBBON *grabby hands*

I dont hate Gusty either :P but cannot really relate to her popularity. She seems to be one of the most popular ponies to collect variants of. She is nice, but yeah, there are far more prettier ponies then her, imo ^^
And yes, I would definately have prefered Ribbon instead of Gusty in that set. Her colours are lovely! But I'm glad she made it as a baby at least ^^

Agreed about the cartoon as well. I loved the mlp G1 episodes, but it never bothered me that I was not able to get that exact pony, or that all ponies didnt reappear in the episodes. For me, I guess it was like, well, ponyland is full of ponies, and this episode just happens to be about these particular ponies, while other episodes featured what adventures other ponies did. It didnt have to be the same ponies on every single adventure, but different adventures happened to different ponies, just like in real life.
But I guess the market today is different, you have to franschise yourself to stand out from the tons of different toys out there. but for me? Nah. I want diversity. Even though Im a variation collector, I dont need 362 different versions of Pinkie Pie...
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Cloud Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
  • get all the ponies or die trying
    • View Profile
    • My Links
« Reply #1406 on: October 03, 2018, 01:26:38 PM »
I just don't see the big deal about Gusty either! She seems very plain to me and while I love the idea of a grumpy pony, I dislike her voice.  I am also a Ribbon lover. She would probably be my second favorite if Cloud Dreamer didn't exist. (Bouquet would then be my first favorite.) Ribbon has such unique colors and now I also really want to see her in the Gusty pose  :lovey:
☁️ Cloud Dreamer ☁️
🎀

☁️ avatar created by poniesthatsparkle ☁️

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1407 on: October 03, 2018, 01:42:13 PM »
I love ponies with abstract or geometric symbols!! Rockin' Beats (ESPECIALLY Half Note), Silly Sunshine, Dabble/Scribbles, Winterberry, Sunny Salsa...

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 04, 2018, 07:37:11 AM »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile