collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 409040 times)

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1380 on: September 17, 2018, 07:16:38 AM »
I don’t like the FIM episode “Slice of Life”
Ponyfan

A very pandery episode. Maybe it could've worked if they weren't three years late with some of the references... and a lot of people found the Gummy part funny but to me it was kind of... tryhard? Like, "How do you do fellow kids? Existential crises are cool, right? We're hip. We're funny. Be sure to gif this and put it on social media. 'Top Ten Moments When MLP Got Too Real', amirite?"
honestly the concept was already weak because we dont know the characters we have no reason to care about them if they wanted an episode about secondary characters instead that could work because we already know zecora,the cmc,the apple family but we know nothing about the main characters in the episode except on forums that kids should never be on
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: September 17, 2018, 08:05:53 AM »
I don’t like the FIM episode “Slice of Life”
Ponyfan

A very pandery episode. Maybe it could've worked if they weren't three years late with some of the references... and a lot of people found the Gummy part funny but to me it was kind of... tryhard? Like, "How do you do fellow kids? Existential crises are cool, right? We're hip. We're funny. Be sure to gif this and put it on social media. 'Top Ten Moments When MLP Got Too Real', amirite?"
honestly the concept was already weak because we dont know the characters we have no reason to care about them if they wanted an episode about secondary characters instead that could work because we already know zecora,the cmc,the apple family but we know nothing about the main characters in the episode except on forums that kids should never be on

I only liked this episode character :muffin:,  the thing with humans with horse's heads on freaked me out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1382 on: September 17, 2018, 08:13:44 AM »
FiM-pinion: I would have loved to see Cheerilee become more prominent in the show. I know she isn't important to many, but I'd feel like she would have been a wonderful recurring character to help Twilight and just hang out.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 17, 2018, 08:15:59 AM »
FiM-pinion: I would have loved to see Cheerilee become more prominent in the show. I know she isn't important to many, but I'd feel like she would have been a wonderful recurring character to help Twilight and just hang out.

This I totally agree with

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 19, 2018, 11:09:32 AM »
To be fair, it is possible for kids to be interested in the background ponies - they might just like how they look and be curious about them.

I'm speaking for myself, but I actually remember being interested in the background characters of two things when I was a kid (one television show, one game.)
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1385 on: September 19, 2018, 01:34:37 PM »
I was (and remain) the kid who likes the background characters.

I think its because main characters are overexposed and there's too much concrete in their background. And I like to think out things and draw my own conclusions. Supporting characters often allow for that.

But that said, I did like as a kid when my childhood ponies appeared in the comic. So I guess I see the appeal of having the ponies on screen, too...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 19, 2018, 09:14:46 PM »
I kind of like the Flip and Flows, now that I have one on hand. Its annoying that they are on the hideous reboot poses, and are only three characters who I'd rather never see again instead of actual merpony characters. Ah well, I bought her for custom bait anyway. If Hasbroken can't make new figures or new characters, I can certainly try to. Shame there's no Fluttershy in this set. I coulda made Flip and Flow Haven Bay.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:25:03 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1387 on: September 20, 2018, 07:35:12 AM »
I like the Mimic/Bangles/Milky Way pose.

And I always did, going back to when I was a kid. :) I always felt Milky Way was looking up to the sky to see the stars with that pose :D

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 01, 2018, 11:07:13 AM »
I think Spring Parade is pretty cute. Wish there were more ponies with orange/light green/yellow instead of the usual orange/purple/pink.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 11:10:59 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1389 on: October 01, 2018, 12:41:13 PM »
I think Spring Parade is pretty cute. Wish there were more ponies with orange/light green/yellow instead of the usual orange/purple/pink.

I like her too! The colors work well together!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 01, 2018, 01:19:41 PM »
Unpopular opinion: I like the G3.5 toys. The show was atrocious, but I think the toys are cute in their own way. Even how heavy they feel is kinda nice. I just wish they did more characters, honestly.

I like them too.   And... while the show's writing was obviously for an audience of babies,  I did think the animated ponies themselves were cute.   :blush:    I also didn't mind that it was written for babies.  It was what it was.  And it was cute thinking of toddlers getting into My Little Pony.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 01, 2018, 01:49:51 PM »
I much prefer the current open world of FiM to the isolated early seasons Equestria where ponies soiled their panties when they saw a stranger in their village.

G4 unicorns doing everything with magic will never not bother me. Open the door like everybody else, you overpowered lot! :lol:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: October 01, 2018, 02:15:59 PM »
Unpopular opinion: I like the G3.5 toys. The show was atrocious, but I think the toys are cute in their own way. Even how heavy they feel is kinda nice. I just wish they did more characters, honestly.

Same here, I have most of them, they are quite cute to me.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #1393 on: October 01, 2018, 02:49:27 PM »
Now the G3.5 ponies, I can't stand.  That's one gen I won't ever care for much lol

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1394 on: October 01, 2018, 02:53:37 PM »
I think the G3.5 ponies are adorable! Cute little chibi ponies! They're only my least favorite generation because it's all Core 7. Not as fun to collect when there's an entire 10 characters (the Core 7 + three moms). I really wish we'd have gotten more G3 ponies in the G3.5 style besides them. :/

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal