collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 406862 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1155 on: June 26, 2018, 02:29:22 AM »
I LOVE the Sunshine Pony set. Their gimmick is so cute! Apparently this is unpopular? Or no one favors them that much? They're my favorite!

I've been searching for a Seaflower since the dawn of time but she seems so loved, nobody wants to sell her for a fair price here. Always see her starting at 20€.

Was she sold in Germany? She wasn't part of the European set but I know some European countries had the extra ponies from sets and some didn't. I had to import both Sea Flower and Shoreline from the US.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 26, 2018, 07:27:18 AM »
:hmm:
Sometimes I feel like tossing ponies in the garbage.
I won't. But I feel like it because it's too much of a hassle to sell single semi-common ponies these days. (This is about seashell btw).

:lol: How is THAT for unpopular.

Haha, same here. XD Especially baits, fakies, G2, G3 and G4 (and obviously G3.5, but I didn't think I needed to mention that, oh wait...). I am not a customizer, restorer or a collector of the generations mentioned above. Shipping abroad is crazy here, so it's not worth it to sell them either. They just take up a lot of space I cannot spare, so I really just want to throw them out. 

...But I can't. I already feel like a bad pony mother because I prefer ponies in good condition, so throwing them out would just make me feel worse. XD It'll probably happen though, one day...

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 26, 2018, 08:00:43 AM »
I love the original My Little Pony the Movie. I still think its a lot of fun.

Post Merge: June 26, 2018, 08:01:08 AM

:hmm:
Sometimes I feel like tossing ponies in the garbage.
I won't. But I feel like it because it's too much of a hassle to sell single semi-common ponies these days. (This is about seashell btw).

:lol: How is THAT for unpopular.

Haha, same here. XD Especially baits, fakies, G2, G3 and G4 (and obviously G3.5, but I didn't think I needed to mention that, oh wait...). I am not a customizer, restorer or a collector of the generations mentioned above. Shipping abroad is crazy here, so it's not worth it to sell them either. They just take up a lot of space I cannot spare, so I really just want to throw them out. 

...But I can't. I already feel like a bad pony mother because I prefer ponies in good condition, so throwing them out would just make me feel worse. XD It'll probably happen though, one day...

Could alwaya give em to kids?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 26, 2018, 09:57:56 AM »
A lot of charity shops etc here will collect unwanted stuff if you have enough of it.

Or I guess a note on a sale website for anyone local...or a daycare, or whatever....

Dunno. Not really ok with ponies being thrown away for a lot of reasons, some sentimental, but also environmental given that we're talking about plastic. Recycling them in some meaningful way is probably better.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 26, 2018, 10:18:28 AM »
A lot of charity shops etc here will collect unwanted stuff if you have enough of it.

Or I guess a note on a sale website for anyone local...or a daycare, or whatever....

Dunno. Not really ok with ponies being thrown away for a lot of reasons, some sentimental, but also environmental given that we're talking about plastic. Recycling them in some meaningful way is probably better.

Agreed. If a toy isn't broken beyond repair, and you cant get rid of it, consider rehoming it for free? Some little kid'll love it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 08:09:12 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 26, 2018, 08:59:37 PM »
I like the roached manes of the G4 boys and Shining Armor's troll hair.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 27, 2018, 08:33:10 AM »
White Tootsie is pretty, but I like green Tootsie better. White and blue is such a common color combo, green and blue less so.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 27, 2018, 08:40:36 AM »
White Tootsie is pretty, but I like green Tootsie better. White and blue is such a common color combo, green and blue less so.

I actually agree. We had the green one here, so that's the one I think of as Tootsie. She can get worn and her colours dull but a good condition Tootsie is a really nice green and her hair is a lovely blue. She's very pretty really :)

I think the white/blue colour scheme in her case is kind of stark. It makes me think someone attacked her with tippex (or white out, or whatever other names it has).

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 29, 2018, 05:28:32 AM »
People posting their thoughts on throwing ponies away made me nervous irl :lol:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 29, 2018, 05:44:33 AM »

I'm sorry about that.

I figured it was truly an unpopular opinion so it was a safe place to say my thoughts. Just trash in my trash can.

(^ love this btw)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 29, 2018, 06:24:54 AM »
It's also a safe place to voice my opinion on your opinion :P No harm done.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 29, 2018, 07:32:23 AM »

I'm sorry about that.

I figured it was truly an unpopular opinion so it was a safe place to say my thoughts. Just trash in my trash can.

(^ love this btw)

Well Bandit, when you see a bunch of pony collectors punching each other while digging through your trash, remember this moment. XD

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 29, 2018, 09:30:09 AM »

I'm sorry about that.

(^ love this btw)

Well Bandit, when you see a bunch of pony collectors punching each other while digging through your trash, remember this moment. XD

Someone hire a minibus!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Cloud Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
  • get all the ponies or die trying
    • View Profile
    • My Links
« Reply #1168 on: June 30, 2018, 10:52:06 PM »
I don't like the G1 Rainbow Ponies one bit. I only like Confetti and Nightlight (even though she isn't your run-of-the-mill rainbow pony). But I don't understand what the big deal is about them- in my opinion, they all look pretty much the same because of the hair. I always thought a cute line (and a much better idea than the original rainbow ponies) would be entirely one color ponies, such as a green pony with a darker green hair color, and so on. They could have little paint buckets of their color symbols! I have no idea what good names would be though.. "Green" sounds boring.

I also am not a fan of TAF ponies. I love the concept, but I just don't really like any of the TAF ponies that are made except for Pillow Talk. I also like Sand Digger, Wave Runner,  and Mainsail but they weren't really meant to have TAF as their main gimmick.

I really, really dislike G4 Rainbow Dash, G4 :muffin: Pony,  G3 Minty, and G4.5 Princess Skystar. I think Skystar and Minty are annoying, and Rainbow Dash & :muffin: Pony are SO overrated in my opinion. (I can't bring myself to hate any ponies.)

I as well dislike the Mimic pose. More poses I don't like are the Daffidazey pose, the Donkey pose, the Rainbow Dash pose, the Cinnamon Breeze pose,  and the Gingerbread pose.
☁️ Cloud Dreamer ☁️
🎀

☁️ avatar created by poniesthatsparkle ☁️

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 01, 2018, 03:48:49 PM »
I don't like the G1 Rainbow Ponies one bit. I only like Confetti and Nightlight (even though she isn't your run-of-the-mill rainbow pony). But I don't understand what the big deal is about them- in my opinion, they all look pretty much the same because of the hair. I always thought a cute line (and a much better idea than the original rainbow ponies) would be entirely one color ponies, such as a green pony with a darker green hair color, and so on. They could have little paint buckets of their color symbols! I have no idea what good names would be though.. "Green" sounds boring.

I also am not a fan of TAF ponies. I love the concept, but I just don't really like any of the TAF ponies that are made except for Pillow Talk. I also like Sand Digger, Wave Runner,  and Mainsail but they weren't really meant to have TAF as their main gimmick.

I don't care for these sets either: The TAFs just don't appeal to me, except the Sunshine Ponies.

With the Rainbow Ponies, I only like a couple ponies from the second set (Starflower & Pinwheel). With the first set, the body colors are too light and dull for my liking. In the second set, the colors are vibrant but the overall looks don't appeal to me except for the two aforementioned unicorns.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal