collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 403291 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Unpopular Pony Opinions
« on: March 29, 2017, 08:07:05 AM »
What are some of your unpopular pony opinions?

I like most 3D symbols. Cutie Cascades, Princess Ponies, Magic Scenes, Precious Pockets, Secret Surprise, Merry Go Rounds.

I love tinsel hair. It's so beautiful, especially when it sparkles and flashes in sunlight.

I love Drink n Wets and don't care that they pee.

I don't like the Mimic pose. It's my least favorite unicorn pose.

I don't like certain Collector Status Ponies like;

Mimic, if she were more green and less yellow and were on a different pose, I'd be desperately wanting her, because her hair is unique and gorgeous and I adore Twinkle Eyes and the color of hers especially.

I don't get the love for Rapunzel either. She's just blah to me and I don't care for her colors and symbol.

I don't like the original six, I mean I like some of their colors, but that pose bugs me. If they'd looked more like the tweaked pose on Swirly Whirly, I'd love to get some of them.

I love the Gingerbread and Tootsie poses. I think they're cute.

I love gradient color and cascading symbol G3s. I think they're stunning and unique.

I don't like G4, I have a few special toys I keep, because they're unique enough for me to want them around and like them, but the ponies look seriously deformed and the show is merely okay.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:02:10 AM by Mirnyj »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 08:17:33 AM »
The Rapunzel thing so much.

I don't like Gusty. She is the equivalent of a 90s webpage with a green background and red text.

I like Moondancer's pose.  (But not on Sugar Sweet, it doesn't look good on her.)

I don't like Wind Whistler's cartoon personality.  I always felt like she was purposely throwing word-of-the-day vocabulary into her speech to look smart when she was not, in fact, particularly clever.  She still needed a twelve year old girl to take charge, you know what I'm sayin'?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 08:19:40 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 08:35:11 AM »
Ooooh, I love threads like these.

I don't really get all the hype about Mimic and Rapunzel, either. I mean, they're alright, but.. -shrug- They don't really appeal to me (which is probably a good thing given how expensive they are XD).

I genuinely like the Running Press Firefly. Also I dislike the nickname "Fakiefly" for her, mostly cause it's misleading. Like.. I get that it's a joke, I understand that, but still..

I'm not particularly interested in Friendship is Magic, never have been. (I mean, I'm sure it's not all bad and I do like some of the songs and stuff, but *in general* it's just not my thing) Also I can't stand the "Winter Wrap-Up" song and that seems to be one of the more popular ones?

I loved the Equestria Girls dolls (well, I still do) and I really don't like the EQG Minis...

I know a lot of people want G1 characters to return in G4/be released as G4 ponies/whatever but honestly I don't really care either way; I'd rather have new characters. I dunno. It's funny cause I love cross-gen customs, but official-wise I'd rather just have something new? It's weird, idk.

Also I don't really care whether or not sea ponies return to G4. (I guess this is moot what with the movie's merponies-that-will-probably-be-called-"seaponies", but you know) I mean, I like sea ponies well enough, but idk I'd rather have boy ponies or something XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 08:58:49 AM »
I don't like punzie either haha!! Her hair is a mess

I'm really excited about g4 seaponies : ) seaponies were my favorite favorite thing about g1, and I am intrigued to see what g4 does with them. I don't think it's about copying verbatim, I think it's about interpreting an idea and rolling with it in their own way!! I can't wait to see the g4 movie.

My girlfriend absolutely Loves gradient g3s but I still think they're a little too ostentatious for me :' D  I'm really more on a minimalist than she is.

wishlist

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 09:58:57 AM »
I don't like Rapunzel. Pink with blond hair? I'll pass. If I had her, I'd sell her and buy a million of Twilight Sparkles and Pinkie Pies. What? I'm still missing like 150 versions in my G4 collection!
I like G3.5. Just not the babies. And G2.
I like plush body plastic head baby ponies. They're adorable. I wish human babies were this cute, I'd have forty.
I like G4.5. I want customs on these fresh molds!
I love huge complex symbols and weird gimmicks. Also tinsel. If it fits the colors of course.
I love neon ponies! Tropical theme is my favourite in all gens.
I love tons of colors in pony hair. Rainbow haired ponies are cool. Aren't these two colored ponies boring?

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 11:57:40 AM »
I really don't like Rapunzel either, I can't see what the fuss is about, at all:what:

Also, so-softs freak me out! Never liked the feel of flocking.. *shudders*

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 12:00:58 PM »
I don't like the So-Softs either.  Even as a kid I didn't like their gimmick.

I don't like Morning Glory (the flutter).  Not her personality and definitely not her color scheme.

Dream Beauties look perpetually depressed to me because their mouths are like real horse mouths, so essentially they aren't smiling.

I think Teeny Tiny babies are the worst molds ever made with one exception (the Newborn Cuties).  Worse than G4, worse than G3.5.  Talk about 'not looking anything like horses'.

I don't like the Newborn molds or the Fancy Mermaid mold either.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:09:31 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 12:07:33 PM »

I don't like Morning Glory (the flutter).  Not her personality and definitely not her color scheme.

Dream Beauties look perpectually depressed to me because their mouths are like real horse mouths, so essentially they aren't smiling.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Dream Beauties. I just can't love those girls. They have such an empty, glazed over expression that I find unsettling, especially in combination with all that makeup.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:09:23 PM by little.fox »

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 12:13:59 PM »
I really don't like Rapunzel either, I can't see what the fuss is about, at all:what:

Also, so-softs freak me out! Never liked the feel of flocking.. *shudders*

I used to really not care for sosofts. Not because of the texture, but because their beautiful symbols get so covered up! Angel is one of my most favoritest ponies and you can't even tell it's her under all that fluff! I actually rather like the texture of the flocking though, it's rather... Stimtastic

wishlist

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 12:16:36 PM »
With the exception of G3 Applejack I don't like AJ.

Post Merge: March 29, 2017, 12:17:12 PM

Dream Beauties look perpectually depressed to me because their mouths are like real horse mouths, so essentially they aren't smiling.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Dream Beauties. I just can't love those girls. They have such an empty, glazed over expression that I find unsettling, especially in combination with all that makeup.

I love them. They remind me of Fashion Star Fillies and She-Ra horses.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 10:26:48 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 01:02:22 PM »
I like the gen 3.5 ponies in fact I am looking for just one more mom pony and that is about it. I do have a newborn MIB though I got at a church sale.

I think BBE ponies are super cute, and I have one that only one one works, when you lay her down. That also changes what eye closes depend on what side she is laid on.

I also love the flutters with fat heads , they are cute to me.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 01:13:12 PM »
Oh, I don't like So Softs, either. You can barely see their symbols!! And their pretty colours get covered up. It's annoying since a lot of SS ponies have beautiful colours and/or symbols...

Also, idk if this is a popular or unpopular opinion or what, but I don't like First Tooth babies, either. I dunno, the tooth just looks weird to me.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 01:58:15 PM »
I don't like Wind Whistler's cartoon personality.  I always felt like she was purposely throwing word-of-the-day vocabulary into her speech to look smart when she was not, in fact, particularly clever.  She still needed a twelve year old girl to take charge, you know what I'm sayin'?
I do love her cartoon personality myself, but at the same time, I agree with you.  I think the writers just kept a thesaurus nearby when they were writing episodes featuring Wind Whistler, or something.  That seems to be how it was back then (and maybe still is), an easy way to clue the audience in on who the clever character was was to have them use big words (and possibly have one of the other characters respond with a line like "In English, please?" to further emphasise this).

As for my unpopular opinions, well the first one that springs to mind is that I love the term "cutie mark", I think every generation's cartoons look like ponies, with the exception of the non-G1 baby ponies, I thought "Slice of Life" was good, and not that fan pandering, or at least not so much so it got in the way of the episode, and (last one, for now at least) I actually view season four onwards of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as lighter and softer than the preceding seasons, despite it possibly trying to be darker and edgier.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 02:56:56 PM »
My very first thought when I saw this thread was "I don't think Rapunzel is anything special", guess that's not so terribly unpopular after all! :P

G3 is probably my favorite generation toy wise  :blush: I know it got kinda lazy towards the end, but there were some truly unique and fun designs in its run! I like the more detailed symbols.

I also think the G4.5/reboot molds are adorable, to the point where I've been willing to re-buy ponies I already had to get the new pose.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 04:16:48 PM »
I don't like sea ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal