collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: does anyone else get antsy when buying online?  (Read 939 times)

Offline preciousstar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
does anyone else get antsy when buying online?
« on: March 28, 2017, 08:09:51 PM »
i tend to get a bit antsy and restless every time i buy ponies online. i constantly have to check the shipping tracker and/or estimated delivery date on my ponies :blush: am i the only one?
current mood: :think:
MLP/LPS for trade! / my items on ebay! (account shared with my mother) / my wantlist!

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
Re: does anyone else get antsy when buying online?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 08:37:52 PM »
Whenever I'm expecting anything online, I refresh the tracking constantly. Even on the weekends and after hours... I can't help it. I have to hit that refresh button! XD If I don't have tracking for something I go nutty.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 08:49:22 PM »
Same here. I can go without tracking, but it's so nerve wracking. Are they here yet? No. Were thy taken by pirates?! No, probably not. Aliens? WE SAID NO!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 10:26:39 PM »
Yup. I remember I had money on the card once and I was all set to buy a lot that contained reasonably priced and hard to find model horses.

Well I had to answer a-ahem-call of nature and when I came back, they were sold. Alas, not to me. So I get anxious when I consider making a purchase and I get antsy cuz I wait for it to get the there. Especially if it's a gift for someone else.

Post Merge: March 28, 2017, 10:27:36 PM

Same here. I can go without tracking, but it's so nerve wracking. Are they here yet? No. Were thy taken by pirates?! No, probably not. Aliens? WE SAID NO!

It was clearly stolen by alien pirates! From outer space.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:29:16 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 10:44:17 PM »
For the first time I can remember, I managed to have a big box of ponies show up before I checked the tracking once, and I have Blueberry Baskets coming from overseas and I have absolutely no idea where she is right now because I haven't checked....before now I've been seriously obsessed with checking tracking constantly.

Fun stories:

I had Sunnybunches come from the East coast to the west, and she sat in one place somewhere in Southern California for weeks before I called up and asked what was going on, then they sent her back to the shipper who had to take her back to the post office, and they re-accepted her without more money then she suddenly arrived here near Oakland in like three days.  The seller swears she didn't have a hair loss problem when she was shipped but when she got here, her hair was breaking off pretty bad so....maybe she got cooked for a while or maybe it had been years since the seller had her out of her plastic bag, I am not sure which.

The other week I had 2-day shipping from BuildaBear Workshop and Fedex swore to me that they had failed to make the box available for pickup timely, which seems pretty unlikely, and that it was supposed to be delivered Monday, not the previous Friday...forced me to go local and re-buy not to miss the gift day of the between Sunday.  Then the box got delivered on Monday....and Fedex is BUSTED cuz their pallet label that isn't supposed to get sent to receiver was taped to my box and it said clearly the entire pallet was supposed to be unsealed and delivered Friday.  Not sure what I'm going to do about that but Fedex not only screwed me but defamed the shipper so I should probably do something. 

Last one:  I sent a box to a friend in the UK and the rate with tracking was just crazy so I sent regular mail...it ended up showing up but I climbed the walls for weeks wondering if it would turn up.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:45:48 PM by lostpony »

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 11:10:35 PM »
No. After almost 20 years of shopping online and dealing with the early days of ebay and going off descriptions and sending money orders in the mail things feel really secure now, lol. Plus I'm in Canada so I've learned patience since things take weeks to arrive and often have no tracking. I'd go crazy if I didn't put it to the back of my mind and forget about what I have coming. Shipping within Canada is pretty fast so I allow myself to get excited about those packages. I haven't had many things go missing over the years but I've been waiting for a care bear from France for 2 months and I'm starting to get worried. :(

lostpony

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 11:32:14 PM »
Well you know how lazy those French Care Bears can be.  I'm sure he's just stopping to check out the roses along the way.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 01:15:12 AM »
The only time I really get twitchy is if I know I'll be away on certain days (but then I have it sent home, not to London, and one parent is usually about to take it for me). Though when I bought a big box of pony G1 packaging and such a year or two back, that one I did watch. It was a lot of money for me to spend on anything pony, and it was something irreplaceable, so that I was nervous about.

Otherwise, I only really care to do that if something is later than it should be.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 05:22:47 AM »
I feel this one a deep level haha.  I check tracking completely obsessively.  Right now I have a custom model horse coming my way that I don't have a tracking number on and it's driving me crazy not knowing where he is!  I've got my fingers crossed he comes in the next day or two because I'm going to be away for the weekend.  Luckily, my family will be home to bring the parcel in if he does arrive, but I'll want to see him right away after waiting so impatiently!  :P

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 09:25:19 AM »
I absolutely forget about what I've bought and when it arrives I feel like Christmas. What did Santa Russian Mail bring me this time?  :lol:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 09:52:50 AM »
I absolutely forget about what I've bought and when it arrives I feel like Christmas. What did Santa Russian Mail bring me this time?  :lol:

I do this, too! XD Sometimes I intentionally put it out of my mind, cause I like being surprised..

I dunno, most of the stuff I buy online is from overseas, so I'd go insane if I checked up on everything all the time ^^; I only check on it if it's been long enough that I'm getting worried about it.

lostpony

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 10:17:24 AM »
What did Santa Russian Mail bring me this time?  :lol:

Most of my stuff comes by United Pony Service

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal