collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Am I wrong to be upset?  (Read 3940 times)

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Am I wrong to be upset?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 09:58:18 AM »
I think it was really good you just found another seller.  That is what I would do.

I actually haven't found one yet. They were actually the first person I'd ever seen to put these ones up for sale. But if they're going to handle things the way they did I don't want to deal with a potential issue down the line if I had gone through with the transaction.

I would just mention that you don't really know when (or if) they private messaged the seller, correct?  There have been times that I will message a seller and maybe not post in the thread until later.  Heck, most times I don't post in a seller's thread and ONLY send a PM.  I think most sellers want their buyers and fellow members to be happy and have a positive experience, so hopefully this was just a misunderstanding (although the seller can do whatever they choose with their sales).  Good luck! :)

ETA:  How long did it take you to respond to the seller's PM?  This is first come, first serve, but if you didn't respond within a period of time and they had someone who was willing to pay immediately, it makes sense that they would sell to someone else.

Told them right upfront I was ready to pay at 11:30 that night (so about 6 hours)  because I was on my way to work where I wouldn't have phone access. They specifically stated the other person did not PM until after they posted when I asked them about it because I thought it was just an honest mistake. But then they got super rude.

That's not cool.  It sure does sound like you have a reason to be upset.  I know that it doesn't make it any better, but as others have said, it is probably better to just avoid the seller in the future.  Don't get discouraged though!  There are so many lovely buyers and sellers here and another awesome pony deal always comes along again! :)

Yeah, I blocked them so I won't accidentally try to buy from them again

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 10:18:23 AM »
I can see why you were annoyed (although I don't know specifically what you were saying to the seller or what she or he was saying to you)

But I can add that when I have sold off multiple ponies- it can be difficult to keep track of who is wanting what and who confirmed they for sure will buy first...

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 02:01:16 PM »
As a seller it can be hard to keep track.  As a buyer, I don't think it's worth getting upset over.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 02:24:30 PM »
Sadly, because of the explicit nature of the information given by the creator of this thread, the identity of the seller is obvious. I feel this blackens the reputation of the seller unnecessarily. Shouldn't the buyer deal with the seller directly or ask a moderator to mediate?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:25:25 PM by Libelle »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 02:40:04 PM »
Is it obvious? I've tried to be as vague as possible while still explaining the situation?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 02:48:15 PM »
As a seller it can be hard to keep track.  As a buyer, I don't think it's worth getting upset over.

Thanks- you said it better than I

Post Merge: March 28, 2017, 02:50:00 PM

Sadly, because of the explicit nature of the information given by the creator of this thread, the identity of the seller is obvious. I feel this is slander. Shouldn't the buyer deal with the seller directly or ask a moderator to mediate?

Is it slander though? Personally I don't know who the seller is, but I think this thread reflects just as poorly (maybe more so) on the buyer for complaining about something so trivial.  Or is that slander? I don't mean to hurt feelings but that is my take...

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 02:50:00 PM by Galactica »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 03:14:41 PM »
Definition of slander (used as a noun): the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

Sorry, I don't think it applies in this case to either the seller or buyer.

I don't think the post makes it obvious who the seller is and I don't think people are going out of their way trying to find out. It's probably best that the OP finds a new seller. If they are unhappy with the situation, then it's just best to move on. Although rarer ponies don't pop up often, they will again, maybe in better condition. I'm not sure what you were looking for but I bet it wasn't a one of a kind.

Offline Libelle

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 03:17:49 PM »
Is it slander though?

I believe you're right Galactica, it's not slander. Apparently, a statement needs to have been proven false to qualify as slander. In Germany we have a law which covers defamatory statements that have not been proven to be true or false and I was thinking of that. Sorry! I'll edit my comment. ;)

I think this thread reflects just as poorly (maybe more so) on the buyer for complaining about something so trivial

My thoughts exactly.

Wishlist

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 03:22:39 PM »
Is it slander though? Personally I don't know who the seller is, but I think this thread reflects just as poorly (maybe more so) on the buyer for complaining about something so trivial.  Or is that slander? I don't mean to hurt feelings but that is my take...

Yeah, I was trying to think of a tactful way to say this, but yeah.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Libelle

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 03:24:18 PM »
@bluerose9978

Ninja'ed. ;) Sorry again! I was just voicing my concerns about potentially blackening the reputation of a seller.

I don't think the post makes it obvious who the seller is

Sadly, it does. I had been browsing the sales forum just before and knew immediately who the seller was. :(
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:27:44 PM by Libelle »

Wishlist

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 03:53:25 PM »

Post Merge: [time]1490737800[/time

I asked for opinions knowing I'd get some kind of mix so no hurt feelings. You're entitled to your own opinion.

Offline yurika

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2017, 04:51:02 AM »
I understand you ... I have written several times to a seller and I have been in the first place to buy his items, I wanted to buy almost all his items! And I see how these are sold and and gone....and seller ivent written to me at least for education
Im so frustrated ...

Offline heathersmoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Send the Goddess of Smoo your unwanted keychains!
    • View Profile
    • SEND ME A KEYCHAIN!
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2017, 06:26:07 AM »
Just my personal take but I didn't understand OP being "upset" in a weeping and gnashing of teeth biblical kind of way as if the sun would never shine again but more the expression of mild annoyance which I think is pretty appropriate if many of us are honest with our feelings.  I still don't know who the seller is but I don't check the sales section so that's likely why.  Do people dislike the feeling that someone jumped ahead of them in a queue?  Usually, yes.  Can people sell to whoever they like following whatever kind of best practices they want?  Yes.  Life is messy sometimes. 

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2017, 06:56:36 AM »
I don't know who the seller is either, nor am I going to go check.
I think this is just a case of a buyer venting frustration, and a seller with a lot of people asking and probably getting swamped, as others have said.

I didn't even realise it was a transaction on the Arena till someone mentioned the sale pages, so that actually made it easier to figure out who the seller is than anything the OP said.

But there is an issue with the Arena and its PM notifications. Sometimes they don't show up properly and it is possible that the message got in later but was seen sooner. There are a lot of things that could have happened here which don't mean either buyer or seller is at fault.

But if you aren't happy with a seller, it makes sense to go elsewhere. Thus, problem solved :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2017, 07:32:01 AM »
Just my personal take but I didn't understand OP being "upset" in a weeping and gnashing of teeth biblical kind of way as if the sun would never shine again but more the expression of mild annoyance which I think is pretty appropriate if many of us are honest with our feelings.  I still don't know who the seller is but I don't check the sales section so that's likely why.  Do people dislike the feeling that someone jumped ahead of them in a queue?  Usually, yes.  Can people sell to whoever they like following whatever kind of best practices they want?  Yes.  Life is messy sometimes.

Pretty much sums it up better than I could. If you're going to post how you're handling something then follow it instead of picking and choosing where you will/applying it with no consistency and getting rude if someone asks for some information when they're confused about the choices.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal