collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Am I wrong to be upset?  (Read 3939 times)

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Am I wrong to be upset?
« on: March 26, 2017, 05:20:11 AM »
A seller posted some ponies stating that they were selling based on who asked about them first.

Within 10 minutes of them going up I asked about 4 of them.

They inform me that someone has already asked them to hold one of them, and place 2/3 of the remaining ones on hold. By the time I see this they've already agreed to placed the third on hold for someone else who asked 2 hours after I did, against their own rule for how they're handling their sales.

I'm pretty upset, but am I wrong to be? I mean I know they can sell to whoever they want. But if they're going to post how they're handling it shouldn't they follow it?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Am I wrong to be upset?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 09:06:57 AM »
First come, first serve means exactly that.  It doesn't mean the first person cannot ask for them to be held - if the seller feels that is appropriate, they do have the right to do that. 

Yes it's annoying but I am sure you have been in a seller's shoes before when multiple people are asking after your sales. 

*pony hugs* Another one will come up, I am sure of it!  If collecting for 33 years has taught me anything, it's patience when you're looking for THAT pony.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 09:09:27 AM »
First come, first serve means exactly that.  It doesn't mean the first person cannot ask for them to be held - if the seller feels that is appropriate, they do have the right to do that. 

Yes it's annoying but I am sure you have been in a seller's shoes before when multiple people are asking after your sales. 

*pony hugs* Another one will come up, I am sure of it!  If collecting for 33 years has taught me anything, it's patience when you're looking for THAT pony.

I'm not upset about the one that where the first person asked for the pony to be held. They got there first and that's fine with me. I'm upset about the one where I did ask first by 2 - 3 hours and they agreed to give it to the person second in line.

Pony 1: Someone asked first
Pony 2: I asked first and they agreed to give it to someone else
Pony 3 and 4: I have a hold on
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:18:09 AM by Duenia »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 10:21:02 AM »
I think this just happens and to be honest, sellers can sell to buyers they wish and can place items on hold as they wish.  It is upsetting to not get the response from a seller one feels is fair.  It has happened to me.  Once it happened and I ended up getting the ponies after all.  I would just try to remind yourself that ponies are available all the time and if not these you will certainly find your ponies sometime.  Things can seem unfair or even be unfair, but I don't think any rules for selling have been broken here.  By the way your posts read it almost sounds like you know for certain you were second in line. Did they seller tell you that?  Or did you assume that based on the time?  I can tell you that time means nothing.  I have listed items online and gotten 5-10 responses in ten minutes before. I thought my head would twist off.  Sellers do their best.  I may not be understanding what is upsetting you well. I am a bit confused but, try to just look for your other ponies in other places. They will turn up.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 10:22:43 AM »
Unfortunately seller can choose whether or not sell it to a person. Still if it is like that don't put rules you are going to trespass

I hope lovesbabysquirmy is right because Mimic is the only left from my list. The others are secondary.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 10:30:06 AM »
It would certainly be annoying. I don't quite understand why you got the shaft for a person who asked a few hours after you. I simply wouldn't buy from that person.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 12:04:18 PM »
I think this just happens and to be honest, sellers can sell to buyers they wish and can place items on hold as they wish.  It is upsetting to not get the response from a seller one feels is fair.  It has happened to me.  Once it happened and I ended up getting the ponies after all.  I would just try to remind yourself that ponies are available all the time and if not these you will certainly find your ponies sometime.  Things can seem unfair or even be unfair, but I don't think any rules for selling have been broken here.  By the way your posts read it almost sounds like you know for certain you were second in line. Did they seller tell you that?  Or did you assume that based on the time?  I can tell you that time means nothing.  I have listed items online and gotten 5-10 responses in ten minutes before. I thought my head would twist off.  Sellers do their best.  I may not be understanding what is upsetting you well. I am a bit confused but, try to just look for your other ponies in other places. They will turn up.

I'm not second in line, based on time stamps I was first in line by 2 - 3 hours. I know who the buyer is and can see when they asked for what's supposedly first come furst serve. There also are timestamps to prove that my message was received and red before the other person asked.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:19:44 PM by Duenia »

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 07:21:41 PM »
Yeah, I'd be annoyed, too, Duenia. The seller should follow their own rules. :/ On the bright side, maybe the pony currently on hold will come off hold and you'll get all three you wanted with no problem; it could still turn out okay. :hug: Even if that doesn't happen, just let it roll off your back and keep looking for that pony elsewhere.

Offline heathersmoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Send the Goddess of Smoo your unwanted keychains!
    • View Profile
    • SEND ME A KEYCHAIN!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 06:39:25 AM »
I think you're right to be annoyed.  I would be.  Like everyone else has stated, there's not much you can do other than hope someone ahead of you drops out or that you find them elsewhere quickly.  Good luck!

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 06:42:35 AM »
I'll be looking elsewhere. I opted not to deal with the seller.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 08:38:40 AM »
 I think it was really good you just found another seller.  That is what I would do.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline heathersmoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Send the Goddess of Smoo your unwanted keychains!
    • View Profile
    • SEND ME A KEYCHAIN!
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 08:41:33 AM »
Smart decision, Duenia!  I'd do the same.

OT but Tulagirl!  How have you been!?! Great to "run into" you here :)

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 08:47:13 AM »
I would just mention that you don't really know when (or if) they private messaged the seller, correct?  There have been times that I will message a seller and maybe not post in the thread until later.  Heck, most times I don't post in a seller's thread and ONLY send a PM.  I think most sellers want their buyers and fellow members to be happy and have a positive experience, so hopefully this was just a misunderstanding (although the seller can do whatever they choose with their sales).  Good luck! :)

ETA:  How long did it take you to respond to the seller's PM?  This is first come, first serve, but if you didn't respond within a period of time and they had someone who was willing to pay immediately, it makes sense that they would sell to someone else. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 08:55:14 AM by cookhuman »
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2017, 09:49:55 AM »
I think it was really good you just found another seller.  That is what I would do.

I actually haven't found one yet. They were actually the first person I'd ever seen to put these ones up for sale. But if they're going to handle things the way they did I don't want to deal with a potential issue down the line if I had gone through with the transaction.

I would just mention that you don't really know when (or if) they private messaged the seller, correct?  There have been times that I will message a seller and maybe not post in the thread until later.  Heck, most times I don't post in a seller's thread and ONLY send a PM.  I think most sellers want their buyers and fellow members to be happy and have a positive experience, so hopefully this was just a misunderstanding (although the seller can do whatever they choose with their sales).  Good luck! :)

ETA:  How long did it take you to respond to the seller's PM?  This is first come, first serve, but if you didn't respond within a period of time and they had someone who was willing to pay immediately, it makes sense that they would sell to someone else.

Told them right upfront I was ready to pay at 11:30 that night (so about 6 hours)  because I was on my way to work where I wouldn't have phone access. They specifically stated the other person did not PM until after they posted when I asked them about it because I thought it was just an honest mistake. But then they got super rude.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:51:44 AM by Duenia »

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2017, 09:56:04 AM »

I actually haven't found one yet. They were actually the first person I'd ever seen to put these ones up for sale. But if they're going to handle things the way they did I don't want to deal with a potential issue down the line if I had gone through with the transaction.

Told them right upfront I was ready to pay at 11:30 that night (so about 6 hours)  because I was on my way to work where I wouldn't have phone access. They specifically stated the other person did not PM until after they posted when I asked them about it because I thought it was just an honest mistake. But then they got super rude.

That's not cool.  It sure does sound like you have a reason to be upset.  I know that it doesn't make it any better, but as others have said, it is probably better to just avoid the seller in the future.  Don't get discouraged though!  There are so many lovely buyers and sellers here and another awesome pony deal always comes along again! :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal