collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on G4.5 ponies?  (Read 14345 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: What are your thoughts on G4.5 ponies?
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2017, 08:19:45 AM »
I might be warming up to that Celestia and Shining Armor  sets :)
but not yet convinced
the mane 6 with closed mouths also are not looking as bad as the ones with open mouths or crazy poses.
we'll see, maybe when they are 50 % off  :)

also wondering about the FS ponies, how are they going to come out at the end, I will have to bite the bullet for new Characters like Bird Song (Sia pony )  and maybe some Mermaid ponies, but they are not convincing me either , the ones I have seen look like the inserted a bird in their rear   :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:  and then their facial expressions are not helping much LOL sorry  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I think Celestia is my favorite so far. I bought the set with her and Fluttershy recently. I also bought the Shining Armor/Princess Cadance set and Cadance still looks ugly (that HEAD!!!), but SA looks good!

I agree that the closed mouths are better than the open ones. There's just something a bit off about them.

I'm veeerrryyy interested in what future FS ponies will be like, since I've made it my mission to collect all of them. I hope we get new characters!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2017, 09:11:25 AM »
I think they're cute-ish because they do remind me more of the show.  But if I'd never seen it, I know I'd think they're hideous.  They don't even remotely resemble real ponies.   :P
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2017, 09:30:21 AM »
I think they are ugly. Even uglier than the deer-looking G4, which I got used to eventually.
I'm definitely not going to collect them.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2017, 01:51:07 PM »
 :lol: That comparison video is hilarious!

I'm ok with some of them, like I really like Celestia and her giant wings. I hate Cadence's balloon head and receding hair line. I'm exited for the new characters coming out. I'm excited for more boy ponies finally and they have rooted hair! So we'll see how it goes.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2017, 07:09:04 PM »
I might be warming up to that Celestia and Shining Armor  sets :)
but not yet convinced
the mane 6 with closed mouths also are not looking as bad as the ones with open mouths or crazy poses.
we'll see, maybe when they are 50 % off  :)

also wondering about the FS ponies, how are they going to come out at the end, I will have to bite the bullet for new Characters like Bird Song (Sia pony )  and maybe some Mermaid ponies, but they are not convincing me either , the ones I have seen look like the inserted a bird in their rear   :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:  and then their facial expressions are not helping much LOL sorry  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I think Celestia is my favorite so far. I bought the set with her and Fluttershy recently. I also bought the Shining Armor/Princess Cadance set and Cadance still looks ugly (that HEAD!!!), but SA looks good!

I agree that the closed mouths are better than the open ones. There's just something a bit off about them.

I'm veeerrryyy interested in what future FS ponies will be like, since I've made it my mission to collect all of them. I hope we get new characters!

The problem with Cadence is that she is smaller than Celestia (shorter, smaller wings), but her head is bigger than Celestia's.  She's the only one in the line (so far) that has such bad proportions (well, at least the others aren't so freakishly off-putting anyway).  I wasn't sure if I'd like the reboots but they've really grown on me since I bought one and opened it up.  I am really looking forward to getting Soarin' and Big Mac when they come out.  I have so many guy customs I want to do but I'm afraid of ending up with a bunch of alien Cadences just to get more Shining Armors...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:10:48 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2017, 11:18:28 PM »
I've a horrible feeling that Hasbro has decided to permanently set up camp in Ugly Town.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 05:40:07 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2017, 12:34:31 PM »
I've a horrible feeling that Hasbro had decided to permanently set up camp in Ugly Town.

:lol:

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2017, 12:41:36 PM »
i meant to give my 2 cents on this after seeing them in person! I went to TRU last week and picked up a couple things, and i really wanted to grab one of the new brushables but a) they were almost completely out and b) they were like 10$?? which i thought was like kinda totally outrageous... theyre smaller than the old ones and pretty much only come in those plastic purses.. i was really annoyed at how expensive they were, so decided to leave without any. but i really wanted the rarity one, just because i love her. i was not overly impressed with them, but i don't hate them. im glad hasbro is at least trying to make more poses. I don't mind their legs, i think its their faces that put me off the most.

wishlist

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2017, 02:19:11 PM »
i meant to give my 2 cents on this after seeing them in person! I went to TRU last week and picked up a couple things, and i really wanted to grab one of the new brushables but a) they were almost completely out and b) they were like 10$?? which i thought was like kinda totally outrageous... theyre smaller than the old ones and pretty much only come in those plastic purses.. i was really annoyed at how expensive they were, so decided to leave without any. but i really wanted the rarity one, just because i love her. i was not overly impressed with them, but i don't hate them. im glad hasbro is at least trying to make more poses. I don't mind their legs, i think its their faces that put me off the most.

The purse thing is one of the "playset" gimmicks.  They do have them individually for about $5 as well.  So far there are 8 that they've released just as singles.  The mane six plus Lyra and Cheerilee.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2017, 02:35:41 PM »

The purse thing is one of the "playset" gimmicks.  They do have them individually for about $5 as well.  So far there are 8 that they've released just as singles.  The mane six plus Lyra and Cheerilee.

Ah. well my TRU only had the playsets and purses. oh well. still, 5$ extra whole dollars for a plastic purse thats gonna get thrown away? we are so wasteful : /

wishlist

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2017, 06:10:11 PM »
Do the Sea Ponies even count as part of the Reboot/4.5 since we've never had them in the G4 toy line yet? Anyway, I really think the new style works well for them and I think I need them all. Also, I'm not so keen on the regular ponies but I think I'll cave and buy new characters, too.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2017, 06:35:32 PM »
I don't care for them one bit! It took me a while to warm up to the G4 ponies in the first place. I did collect for a while but go board of them. I have sold them all off but two customs that I had made.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2017, 06:53:11 PM »
Do the Sea Ponies even count as part of the Reboot/4.5 since we've never had them in the G4 toy line yet? Anyway, I really think the new style works well for them and I think I need them all. Also, I'm not so keen on the regular ponies but I think I'll cave and buy new characters, too.

Yes I'd say so. Because it's the style itself. I've noticed only the merpony babies and Queen Novo lack that swollen head.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2017, 11:43:23 AM »
They look like fakies to me, like cheap dollar store ponies. Their hair looks AWFUL and it's only on their enormous heads with hideous faces, ugly eyes, upturned snooty noses, tiny bears ears, wide-spread, noodly, weirdly proportioned legs, they look like they're made out of rock solid greasy plastic, and they're smaller.

I call them G4.5 and feel it's pretty accurate. It makes it easier to distinguish between the reboot and originals. It's not as drastic as a change from say, G3 to 3.5, but still a big change. I mean, actually the biggest changes were new head and body shapes for G3.5. That's what this is, too, but again not as drastic. Same overall style, but new heads and bodies with bigger and weirder proportions.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2017, 11:52:36 AM »
i agree that the hair looks really really bad on these new ones. even worse than before, which is really saying something!

wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal