collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Winger rehairing woes...  (Read 1215 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Winger rehairing woes...
« on: March 25, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »
So, I'm completely rehairing a Glow right now (with Buzzer and Moonjumper on deck), and I'm finding that the tiny size of the head and neck is a real problem!

At the moment, I'm stuck at trying to get the last cut off stubble of the original hair out of the holes cleared away so I can get the new hair in. The plug makes the hole for the neck so tiny, there's very little I can fit in there. Anyone who has rehaired wingers have any tips to move this process along a bit?
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Winger rehairing woes...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 09:10:46 AM »
I have some large surgeon's hemostates, I find them really useful.  Otherwise maybe hot water and scrape the inside with a wooden cuticle stick?

Hope that's helpful! Good luck with it.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 10:34:14 AM »
I have some large surgeon's hemostates, I find them really useful.  Otherwise maybe hot water and scrape the inside with a wooden cuticle stick?

Hope that's helpful! Good luck with it.

I second this! Though I have a very tiny pair of hemostates, they've saved me more than a couple times ; )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wishlist

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 12:08:21 PM »
I always use my flat tip eyebrow tweezers on my wingers when I am rehairing. I use them for everything! :biggrin:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 01:25:57 PM »
Thank you, guys. I'm going to try some warm water with a few possible tools to get that hair loose. Good news is that once I figure this out, I can just use the same technique for the other Wingers I need to rehair. :)

Edit: I did it! Thought I'd share with all what worked for me. Apart from a warm water soak, I used... a metal shishkebab skewer! XD It was nice and long and thin, but not too sharp. It took quite a bit of work but I eventually got all the old hair out.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:41:42 PM by reanna-mator »
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 01:56:32 PM »
Thank you, guys. I'm going to try some warm water with a few possible tools to get that hair loose. Good news is that once I figure this out, I can just use the same technique for the other Wingers I need to rehair. :)

Edit: I did it! Thought I'd share with all what worked for me. Apart from a warm water soak, I used... a metal shishkebab skewer! XD It was nice and long and thin, but not too sharp. It took quite a bit of work but I eventually got all the old hair out.

Cool :)  Hope you'll share the results!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 02:43:49 PM »
I rehaired one a few months ago, I cut his hair very short to be able to dehair her easily, then rehairing was fast since there are so few holes. My advice is always to use the pin method to wide the holes the time to fill them. I can expand that if you need more information.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 06:50:01 PM »
I find dental tools work wonders as well.

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 05:55:10 PM »
It seems so impossible! I have no idea how people rehair tiny ponies like that. I have a hard enough time with adult G1s!
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline starrwolff

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 11:05:00 PM »
I find dental tools work wonders as well.
I second this! I picked up a metal dental pick for $4 on Amazon... Best $4 I've ever spent. It grabs most of the hair easily and is strong enough to dig into all the glue in a G3's head too!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal