collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hopes for the future of MLP?...  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: Hopes for the future of MLP?...
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 02:18:47 PM »
I want to live just long enough to see them cut off Rainbow Dash's head and put it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations being a db comes at too high a price.  I want to stare into her lifeless eyes and wave like this.

In all seriousness, I would like to see Hasbro feed the G1 nostalgia beast like they do the Transformers.  They could do it, but they seem to think MLP didn't exist before 2003 (and more and more 2010).
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 06:28:51 PM »
i saw this today and thought of this thread and how lovely this would be for a fifth gen.
iv never been into Breyer but i love how sweet this is with its accessories also being modern for youngsters to like.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

and look, it resembles an animal AND it has brushable here  :P ............    :lookround:

:snicker:

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 06:40:37 PM »
i saw this today and thought of this thread and how lovely this would be for a fifth gen.
iv never been into Breyer but i love how sweet this is with its accessories also being modern for youngsters to like.

and look, it resembles an animal AND it has brushable here  :P ............    :lookround:

I'd be down with a very similar style to that.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 06:53:18 PM »
I hope to see the creator of pony, Bonnie Zacherle hired and handling future writing for MLP.  It would be great t see Faust and Bonne working together, actually. 
I also hope to see Star Dreams nd Sunset Shimmer make appearances somewhere in the tv series- whether it's g4 or g5.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 07:34:45 PM »

Oh yes, I've seen those before and they're a very nice style. I think they're colour changing with water if i recall correctly? Realistic designs like these with fun colours would be great!
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 08:47:05 AM »

I've never been a Breyer person either (too realistic for my taste) but this one is lovely!! :O

lostpony

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 12:59:58 AM »
How about they just go with Strutz ponies for G5.

Ha.

Seriously, if anyone has any of those I am looking for them.

Offline mlly

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 03:09:21 AM »
This is just my honest opinion I do not mean any offense or hostility to those who are fans but my very honest hope for the future of MLP is the end of G4 and FiM altogether.
(Doesn't look like that'll happen soon though unfortunately for me)

Also for the return of characters from all of the previous generations especially G1. (though not all of them of course, having mostly new characters are still a must, just no more core cast focus)

I also hope for better quality control, and better design/color/symbol/theme choices, and of course, variety.

I hope that they go back to plastic ponies with brushable hair. No human forms. No blind bags. No ponies with molded hair. I just want ponies whose hair I can brush! lol

Same here

I want to live just long enough to see them cut off Rainbow Dash's head and put it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations being a db comes at too high a price.  I want to stare into her lifeless eyes and wave like this.

In all seriousness, I would like to see Hasbro feed the G1 nostalgia beast like they do the Transformers.  They could do it, but they seem to think MLP didn't exist before 2003 (and more and more 2010).

mood

(G1 TF fans don't know how good they have it is2g)

lostpony

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 10:53:26 AM »
I want to live just long enough to see them cut off Rainbow Dash's head and put it on a pike

That's harsh!

But when they're done with it I would definitely bid on that head on eBay, fix up her hair and add her to the collection.  I love her colors.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 11:29:04 AM »
I want to live just long enough to see them cut off Rainbow Dash's head and put it on a pike

That's harsh!

But when they're done with it I would definitely bid on that head on eBay, fix up her hair and add her to the collection.  I love her colors.

I love her colors, also, though I'm not a fan of her personality.  But I wish that she wasn't the only one to be allowed to have rainbow hair.  For all that FiM has tons of different hair styles, there are sooo few ponies who get to have truly interesting coloring combos.  Outside of the mane 6 and the princesses, everyone's manes are either monochrome or monochrome with white. (Actually, that's true of 2/3rds of the mane 6, too)

So yeah,  I wish we could let toy designers actually design the ponies and then use those designs for ponies in the show.  This would help with the symbol recycling, too.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 12:28:42 PM »

That's harsh!

I love her colors, also, though I'm not a fan of her personality.  But I wish that she wasn't the only one to be allowed to have rainbow hair.  For all that FiM has tons of different hair styles, there are sooo few ponies who get to have truly interesting coloring combos.  Outside of the mane 6 and the princesses, everyone's manes are either monochrome or monochrome with white. (Actually, that's true of 2/3rds of the mane 6, too)

Yes! This is my number one peeve and why I actually liked the Rainbow Power line even if it was mostly just Mane 6, one repeat character, and the one new character that never appeared here.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 12:31:35 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 04:39:59 PM »
I'm with those who want brushable hair and for the ponies to actually look like ponies.  Molded hair is so annoying.  I didn't mind the Equestria Girls movies with the first two, but I didn't like the dolls that much and anytime I went to Toys R Us for example 90% of the aisle was Equestria Girls stuff and hardly any ponies.

But, each generation the ponies get smaller and smaller and I'm worried how tiny G5 ponies might be.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 04:46:11 PM »
I'm with those who want brushable hair and for the ponies to actually look like ponies.  Molded hair is so annoying.  I didn't mind the Equestria Girls movies with the first two, but I didn't like the dolls that much and anytime I went to Toys R Us for example 90% of the aisle was Equestria Girls stuff and hardly any ponies.

But, each generation the ponies get smaller and smaller and I'm worried how tiny G5 ponies might be.

They'll come with a magnifying glass so we can see which one we got.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 04:53:35 PM »

That's harsh!
It's a Babylon 5 reference.

I wish they had made the human version thing more interesting.  Make the ponies able to switch between forms at will instead of the "You're a pony in one world and human in the other and there's a version of everyone in both".  It could have interesting story opportunities and characters might prefer one form over the other depending on their personality (both all of them can use both when the situation arises).
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

lostpony

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 07:48:20 PM »
Thats hardly original to b5 but it does sound like Molari. I guess in b5 they didnt mention keeping the tail too to get all the colors.

How would being able to switch forms at will be congruent with anything established in pony universes? At least the mirror provides some sort of believability and twilights difficulty adapting was fun.

Im sure the g5 blind bags will be so tiny that Polly Pocket can start a collection.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:12:36 PM by lostpony »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal