collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hopes for the future of MLP?...  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Hopes for the future of MLP?...
« on: March 24, 2017, 07:07:32 AM »
I just wanted to share my personal hopes for the future of the My Little Pony show/toy line and thought it would be a fun topic to start a discussion about. Not what you expect Hasbro to do, but what you wish they'll do. It's been a while since G5 was mentioned, since G4 is still going strong.

First off, I hope My Little Pony continues into a Fifth Generation... in fact, I hope it never ends. I hope children and adults alike never tire of colourful little ponies and they always have a place in our world.

Secondly, perhaps a return of slightly more realistic features and structure. I enjoy new interpretations and styles, but there's only so much chibi I can take. If Hasbro repeats G3.5 with a TV series based on the style of the Playskool Friends Ponies I might just cry lol. When I imagine what I'd like G5 to look like I picture the Saddle Arabia delegates from FiM.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thirdly, more movies! If Hasbro doesn't mess the coming one up too badly, I want to see more quality MLP movies in future. It might even tie in with more adult merchandise, high quality art sculptures of the characters would be awesome.

And the farfetched, an anime would be cool. Something edgy and more adult but still appropriate to the brand.

Anyone got some hopes and dreams for the brand they'd like to share? I bet G1 characters released as G4 toys is still a popular wish, count me in on that one too lol.  ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Hopes for the future of MLP?...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:13:59 AM »
It would be a neat idea to have G1 characters as G4's but I think Hasbro lost the rights to the molds and most of the names.  Sadly with the new reboot G4 and most of the episodes leaving you scratching your head wondering why you just watched that I don't really have any hope for G4 anymore.  Sorry I know it's sad to say but G4 went downhill slowly and is about to crash.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 08:40:05 AM »
I know in the absolute minority...

I'd like the ponies to be chibi. Sort of Tokidoki-ish. No focus on a show (which I DO think was needed for G4), but more so a focus on collectability.... which can be seen in other toylines like those zelfs, or numnoms. Something inbetween the current brushables and blind bags.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 11:05:25 AM »
I hope they get better molds for the toys!! I know they just did the reboot molds and stuff but I'm hoping.. For more dynamic poses and something of nicer quality. I don't know. I know they probably won't. I'm also already looking forward to g5-and where they take it! I'm very curious about who their mane 6 will be and what they're gonna do with them ^^

wishlist

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 11:16:19 AM »
I'd like to see more variety in the characters.  We do NOT need 10,000 playsets with the same pony in them and that's why the toys don't sell very well.  Moms aren't going to buy ANOTHER Pinkie Pie just because this one has sunglasses instead of a cupcake.  But they would buy a Peachie Pie because it's a whole different pony.  Hasbro needs to get a clue instead of leaving it up to the customizers to create what they won't.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 03:51:30 PM »
My greatest wish is for G1 characters in G4 or G5 form. Any sort of variety would be wonderful. I wouldn't mind seeing G5 revolve around a new set of characters because I am beyond bored with the mane 6. I really just want something fresh and different. 

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 04:40:08 PM »
I hope that they go back to plastic ponies with brushable hair. No human forms. No blind bags. No ponies with molded hair. I just want ponies whose hair I can brush! lol

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 04:53:06 PM »
I hope that they go back to plastic ponies with brushable hair. No human forms. No blind bags. No ponies with molded hair. I just want ponies whose hair I can brush! lol

Amen!

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 09:54:42 PM »

Agree!! I would add ponies that actually look like ponies. These alien/bug eyed hybrids are getting tiresome!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 10:04:34 PM »
I hope that they make them look like ponies again and not like bird beaked freaks. I have a few of them, but I see them next to my older ponies and models and just get extremely annoyed. They're so stylized and just becoming more deformed. If Hasbro sticks with this design, I'm through.

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 10:30:04 PM »

Amen!

ditto

also im bored now and ready for a new generation. im guessing from previous years we have 3 years left of this one. it was fun while it lasted but im not liking the direction hasbro is going so im hoping for a new generation now that is more pony like, pretty, girly, fun, with something to brush :D

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 01:54:28 AM »
I want G5 to look just like Rescue at Midnight castle. Very much cartoony, while still looking like horses, not deer  :pout:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 07:33:10 AM »
Variety and good quality control!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 08:04:17 AM »
Variety is what I'd like, and interesting ideas to keep me coming back, as well as more new ponies besides the mane six characters. 4.5 is doing well at more diverse poses, but I'd love them to continue along the line of the water-filled, glittery, etc.

How about some scented ponies? We haven't had any scented ponies in G4 yet! Or glow in the dark! G1 had so many interesting gimmicks for their sets.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 09:32:46 AM »
More brushables, less gimmicky stuff (snowglobe ponies, giant glittery wings, etc), more variety. Then I'll be happy ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal