collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Star Dreams is rare, but is she loved?  (Read 3599 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Star Dreams is rare, but is she loved?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 08:06:33 AM »
I think she's cute. Her colors are overdone though and with no symbol to set her apart due to Hasbroken's laziness, I could easily see her getting lost in the shuffle.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 08:07:06 AM »
She's very cute. I haven't seen her before. But there are unfortunately a lot of ponies in each generation who are underappreciated.
siiigh. Boy, don't I know it. Would be much if they all did. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to draw any attention to this rare, but adorable pony on other boards. Even in her own fanclub.

Post Merge: March 22, 2017, 08:34:54 AM

I don't have her but I wish I had. I have wanted her from the moment I first saw her but I have never found her in any stores :( I like her colors.
she was a tough find, in the U.S., for me. I only happened to come across her by chance, when she was in the Rainbow Rocks spa set with RD and AJ. (Only one set on the shelf, too)! Hopefully you can find her elsewhere, without too high of a pricetag.

Post Merge: March 22, 2017, 08:39:25 AM

I have her! I kinda wish she had a cutie mark, I love her name which got my attention my I first saw her. I love her colors though yes its been released a few times before but it goes so well!
I rather like that she lacks a cutie mark. More possibility for her, and easier- for those of us (me) doing fanfiction of her, more wiggle room for shaping her character.
Plus, I'm not too keen on the idea of cutie marks in general. Feels like control mechanisms.

Post Merge: March 22, 2017, 08:53:10 AM

I have never heard of nor seen her. However, I would love to have one as a herd member. She may look generic, but sometimes generic might be good. As we know nothing about her, the possibilities of who she is and what she could do are almost unlimited.
my thoughts exactly! I'm entertaining a few theories and headcanons about her, personally. From her being sister of Sunset Shimmer and Sunburst, to her being born from dream crafting by the Nyx (mlp comics).
The possibilities are endless!

Post Merge: March 22, 2017, 08:59:05 AM

I have all 3 releases of her, but that's about as crazy as I get. I do love her color scheme, and no cutie mark (plus does she even pop up on the show?) means I've gotten to give her a personality myself that I feel suits her.
looking through a list of MLP Wiki (for G4) she is not shown on that list so I don't really think she pops up in the show at all but who knows for sure
there are wiki lists for pegasi/earth/and unicorns from the series, along with every pony who shows up in the IDW comics, and I can say with certainty (and a heavy heart) that Dreamydreams doesn't appear on any of the lists.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:59:05 AM by nightmare muffin »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 09:49:10 AM »
I have her and like her a lot. I like to make silly theories about why she has Pinklestia colors, plus there's not enough G4 foals.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 10:16:25 AM »
I have never heard of nor seen her. However, I would love to have one as a herd member. She may look generic, but sometimes generic might be good. As we know nothing about her, the possibilities of who she is and what she could do are almost unlimited.
my thoughts exactly! I'm entertaining a few theories and headcanons about her, personally. From her being sister of Sunset Shimmer and Sunburst, to her being born from dream crafting by the Nyx (mlp comics).

I generally think of her as being Starlight Glimmer's sister, which is why we haven't seen her in the show. She's in another village.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 10:39:05 AM »
At first I wanted her, however, I'm falling out of love for G4. I do like her colors but I agree with them being kind of generic. The reason her colors are not used for any other fillies is because Hasbroken only made a select few.. The CMC trio, the snob duo, Twist-a-loo, and Star Dreams (as far as brushables go).. as far as the show, Flurry Heart's colors are close... Other than that I'm sure we'll see her color scheme on some foals later if the show continues. The toys not so much since Hasbroken does like to stick to core characters (though that is not to say that there isn't an adult pony toy or show character that doesn't share her colors XD I just don't have time to look lol)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 10:58:43 AM »
She was expensive for a little while- when she came only in that UK playset.

But then there was another release with her, then another.  And there were for a while at least, many many of them on Taobao.

So I think that is why her price is not that great.  I have a handful of them myself..  I think she's cute.

I think she was probably going to be Cadence's filly, but they decided to go another direction...

lostpony

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 11:02:22 AM »
Never heard of her before now, thanks for sharing her with me.

She's very cute! Always happy to meet another blank flank.  Same colors as Pinklestia?  Hm...that IS interesting...

It's not just you, lots of people like to make up stories etc about their ponies which is way better than just having them sitting around and looking at them like I do, haha.

A lot of G1s were underappreciated at the time, too and become HTF later as a result so....maybe Star Dreams is going to be like Mimic 30 years from now.  Buy her up while you can!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 12:22:35 PM »
I love Star Dreams, she's my favorite filly. I have 2 of her releases, the slumber set with AJ and the school set. A few years ago she was very sought after when she was in the slumber set. I remember when I found it I completely embarrassed my sister because I saw the set from several yards away and I squealed loudly and ran for it, almost knocking over some lady.  :blush: I think she's been forgotten about now. Anyway, I love her beautiful colors and love that she's a unicorn. Here's an old pic of my fillies before the rest were released.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 12:40:00 PM »
I think she is super cute, I have been meaning to get her but I just keep forgetting properly for reasons mentioned (she flies under the radar so out of site out of mind)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 01:05:10 PM »
I just broke down and bought her yesterday. :) $6.5 felt low enough there wasn't any point in holding out for something even lower. Looking forward to her showing up in a few weeks.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 06:35:56 PM »
I think she's cute. Her colors are overdone though and with no symbol to set her apart due to Hasbroken's laziness, I could easily see her getting lost in the shuffle.
i don't think her lack of a cutie mark is lazy. So many others have cutie marks, so it's nice that there are some without. Why do all ponies need one?

Post Merge: March 22, 2017, 06:39:40 PM

I have her and like her a lot. I like to make silly theories about why she has Pinklestia colors, plus there's not enough G4 foals.
it makes me so happy to see people actually have Star and LIKE her! Reception is poor on other boards. Even Equestria Daily. Makes me sad. ):
There are definitely too few g4 goals. Hope Hasbro does something about that. (Also, rereleasing Star Dreams is a must)

Post Merge: March 22, 2017, 06:41:43 PM

I generally think of her as being Starlight Glimmer's sister, which is why we haven't seen her in the show. She's in another village.
that's an... Interesting theory...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:41:43 PM by nightmare muffin »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2017, 09:06:19 AM »
I just broke down and bought her yesterday. :) $6.5 felt low enough there wasn't any point in holding out for something even lower. Looking forward to her showing up in a few weeks.

Yeah I think that is about as cheap as she ever got from Taobao too-  so I think a good deal.

I really find her coloring very appealing. I'm glad she's not over the top.
She reminds me of one of my favorite G1 ponies (Baby Moondancer) that I kept on my desk even as a teen after I had long outgrown my ponies...  she never got consigned to the attic box...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2017, 01:36:27 PM »
i don't think her lack of a cutie mark is lazy. So many others have cutie marks, so it's nice that there are some without. Why do all ponies need one?

Post Merge: March 22, 2017, 06:39:40 PM

it makes me so happy to see people actually have Star and LIKE her! Reception is poor on other boards. Even Equestria Daily. Makes me sad. ):
There are definitely too few g4 goals. Hope Hasbro does something about that. (Also, rereleasing Star Dreams is a must)

Post Merge: March 22, 2017, 06:41:43 PM

that's an... Interesting theory...

Because it's part and parcel of MLP and it differentiates her from ponies with the same color schemes.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

lostpony

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2017, 02:12:40 PM »
LaW, referring to the symbol when you say part and parcel with mlp?

Not so, MLP has always had blank flanks as far back as G1.  I forget their names, but the blank G1 baby ponies are totally cute and I am pretty sure I have one of them...somewhere.

Nothing wrong with no-symbol ponies and Star Dreams is about the best looking G4 I've ever seen, got to get me a few of her.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal