collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 343 times)

GeminiStar84

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello
« on: March 21, 2017, 08:23:20 AM »
Hey. I grew up with parents that believed in typewriters and rotary phones until I was in college so I'm not very tech or internet savvy and I've never been on a forum before so I apologize in advance if I goof.

I am 33 yrs old this June and a wife to my very best friend going on 11 years this May. I dated a few guys and was engaged once before meeting my husband, so I knew what I was and wasn't looking for when I met my future husband. After just two weeks we were engaged and three months later were married.

I am a cancer survivor but the doctors were telling me I would never have children. My husband stood by me through so much and we are now the proud parents of FOUR very spirited and very individual children!!!! I have two sons and two daughters.

I remember the feeling I had when I received my first Cotton Candy and Sea Shimmer and wanted to share that joy with my little girls. The smell, the vivid colors...so I went on ebay and found that there was a huge fan base that I never would have imagined and in searching the last two years, led me here.

Not only my daughters, but also my son's love MLP and we now have FOUR collections started. I also just bought my first g1 baby pony for my 10 month old baby girl, so will soon have FIVE collections started.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:26:45 AM by GeminiStar84 »

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »
Such a wonderful story!  You're doing fine.  I've reverted back to rotary telephones and clay tablets.

Welcome to the arena!

Topics are called "threads" and you know something about them already as you had to read a bunch of rules and stuff to get this far but if there is anything you can't figure out, feel free to ask someone.  Fell free to comment and start your own threads too!

Some places you should check out around here is the For Sale forum and always look there before going to eBay....you can lucky on eBay and get cared-for ponies but I'm sure you've noticed that's not always the case....if you buy from collectors here you get a much better evaluation of condition and almost always a better price and sometimes you can get a whole bunch of ponies even cheaper AND you get to haggle over which ones you want (for the most part) and not get stuck buying fixed lots. 

Another place yiou should look is the Pony Brag forum where we share pic of our latest finds and we'd love to see any or all of yours if you'd like to put some there.  This forum doesn't actually host pictures so to include them you have to have them someplace else like photobucket or tumblr and link to them from your posts.  Plenty of people will help you with that if you ask and there are some  tutorials around too.  Don't forget to try the Search function which should help you find all that kind of stuff.

Always great to have a new member around, we all hope you have a great time here.  I look forward to seeing you around!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 12:15:49 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :lovey:

Sounds like an epic journey you've been through and great to hear such positive outcomes.

Enjoy expanding your pony collection with your family and creating new memories together :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal