collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone seen the new Beauty and the Beast movie? Contains spoilers.  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Anyone seen the new Beauty and the Beast movie? Contains spoilers.
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2017, 12:16:17 AM »
I thought it was nice, but I had expected more. It was too close to the animated film that I found myself comparing them through the entire thing. I loved the new scenes as songs as they paused the comparisment for a while. To be honest, i saw the new smurfmovie last night and thought it was better. :/

GHGHT  XD this is a bold statement, Beldarna!!

And I stand by it :P. The only fault I found with the smurfmovie was they never sang their annoying signature tune, yet I sang it on my way home. Beauty & the Beast didn't leave a mark with me. Two weeks and three movies later I hardly remember it.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2017, 05:09:38 AM »

Your comments reminded me of the part of the movie that made me the most emotional, which was when the servants were turning truly inanimate.  When the footstool-dog fell on its back and just laid there, I lost it.

That scene was so emotional for me too. Watching them lose their ability their speak and think like humans, saying goodbye to each other and watching them turn inanimate within minutes of each other but not all at the exact same time so that most of them had to watch a friend or someone they loved turn totally inanimate. Mrs. Potts calling for Chip and the tea carts last act as a human turned object by saving Chip from shattering and placing him next to his mother.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 07:41:48 PM »
Just got back from seeing this a few hours ago and I've gotta say I loved it!  I don't know that I liked it as much as Cinderella but I did thoroughly enjoy the film.
I am a little surprised to see that it's gotten so much hate actually. Yeah I don't think it "needed" to be made, but I don't really feel that the Cinderella or Jungle Book or heck the dozens of other Hollywood films "need" to be remade.
I did miss the song Human Again a lot, I kept expecting it to be in there and was a little surprised it wasn't, and I pretty much loved all the songs they put in that aren't in the original film, brought back memories of going with my dad and brother to see the musical years back.
I really didn't mind Emma Watson's portrayal of Belle and after the first couple of minutes I was able to see Belle rather than Hermione.
I didn't really mind the way they handled  LeFou at all, I have had very gay men who were near and dear to my heart that were very much like him and just because he started out as Gaston's henchman doesn't mean (to me) he was cast in a bad light, as a lot of people of all orientations can get mixed up in wrong crowds and crushes do make us do things that we would not normally do even if/when it bothers us as  LeFou was obviously bothered by a lot of what went on with Gaston.

The one I hated the most was the "If you don't let me marry your daughter I will throw you into an asylum" plotline that completely makes Gaston look like a super evil character. There are other subplots, such as the enchantress from the beginning is a minor character, the Lumiere/Plumette and Wardrobe/Piano romance (which was completely unnecessary), and the LeFou "I am not actually that bad" subplot.

This surprises me, yeah they changed a few things from the original animation but for the most part I felt like they were fine changes.
"the LeFou "I am not actually that bad" subplot."
I think was actually a good thing and made LeFou stand out more as an actual real living breathing person.

"There are other subplots, such as the enchantress from the beginning is a minor character, the Lumiere/Plumette and Wardrobe/Piano romance "
The enchantress helped to move some of the story along, though it would've worked with or without her having a larger role as the cartoon proved, Lumiere always had a thing with the maid/feather duster so I don't see why this is a problem, (???) yeah the Wardrobe/Piano romance was a new addition but it really didn't bother me at all because it showed that these "items" had lives before the curse and the loved ones that come with those lives.

" The one I hated the most was the "If you don't let me marry your daughter I will throw you into an asylum" plotline that completely makes Gaston look like a super evil character."
Here is where I am really surprised, I don't see how this makes Gaston out to be any more evil than when in the animated version he tells Belle that he will stop them from locking Maurice in the asylum but only if she marries him.
I do agree that the leaving Maurice to the wolves was a bit out of character for Gaston, but even in the animated version he was a villain.

Despite the changes and the fact that I will ALWAYS prefer the animated version I do feel like this was a good movie and it was nice to have an escape from reality for a couple of hours.

(((LunaMoonCustoms1212)))
I hope you don't feel like I'm singling you out or putting you down for your opinions, it's just I've heard a lot of the same, and yours were one of the few times I've seen it written so completely and concisely which makes it easier for me to respond to.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:48:40 PM by TwistedRiver »

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal