collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: does anybody LIKE bbe ponies?  (Read 6125 times)

Offline SundanceSadie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: does anybody LIKE bbe ponies?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 07:43:47 PM »
     I agree that they really don't photograph well. While cruising EBay I've seen a few that had horrible eye rust that were truly scary!
When I finally got a nice BBE pony in my hands,  I thought it was much cuter in person. It's something under the eye area that looks weird to me.  :shrug:
Although, there's just something about the BBE baby Shady...that one gives me the heebie jeebies  :bolt:

@dragonlady your profile pic cracked me up!  :worshippy:
I had some as a kid so I have a soft spot for them. But yes, theirs are faces only a mother could love, lol.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2017, 08:05:37 PM »
I had some as a kid so I have a soft spot for them. But yes, theirs are faces only a mother could love, lol.

*Looks at avatar* Your uh... your not exactly helping their cause you know.  :snicker:

Post Merge: March 19, 2017, 08:27:00 PM

I actually like them! But only if their eyes aren't rusty.   ;)
(Also- is your profile picture of Prince Sidon? I really like it!)

as long as theres no rust i think theyre really cute! and yes.. it was drawn by iniro

I love their poses and colors. They just set off a mild doll phobia I have. I'd love to have Baby Frosting, Baby Lofty, Baby Half-Note and Baby Ribbon. But I'd rather they be turned into TEs or regular eyed ponies. Maybe I need to see one in person?

baby frosting is my favorite of all of them...i really want him

Yeah she is the most unique of the bunch.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:27:00 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 10:11:22 PM »
dragonlady's avatar pic was the first time I saw BBEs before I knew what they were a million years ago, I mean a year ago.

I love that picture and it's really fun she hasn't changed it.  Yay!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 10:18:52 PM »
I love BBEs! I just wish they were more photogenic. I have the prettiest Shady and was so excited to photograph her... it was not a good idea, haha. I had to delete every single one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 01:06:54 AM »
I do!! I had the set in my childhood collection so they hold a special place in my heart.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 04:04:51 AM »
ME! I love BBEs, the horrible little monster fuel darhlings. I love them when they're all creepy and chewn up, rust colored, and ready to hunt for brains. I usually try to offer any that need a home for $1 a piece but then i'm shocked when people want to charge $5-7 for them when they themselves claim that 'no ones wants them" but if I ask about the $1 they get really upset and tell me thats ridiculous.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 05:07:18 AM »
ME! I love BBEs, the horrible little monster fuel darhlings. I love them when they're all creepy and chewn up, rust colored, and ready to hunt for brains. I usually try to offer any that need a home for $1 a piece but then i'm shocked when people want to charge $5-7 for them when they themselves claim that 'no ones wants them" but if I ask about the $1 they get really upset and tell me thats ridiculous.

Honestly, after Paypal fees $1 is pretty much nothing. I can't really blame them for not offering such a huge discount. Most people would say no and its kind of rude to get upset people won't sell an item priced at $5-7 for $1.

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 06:15:47 AM »
I love BBEs xD I think they're precious, and look like they just woke up from a nap all puffy-eyed. (goes well with the name I guess xD )

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 06:52:46 AM »

Honestly, after Paypal fees $1 is pretty much nothing. I can't really blame them for not offering such a huge discount. Most people would say no and its kind of rude to get upset people won't sell an item priced at $5-7 for $1.

My apologizes, I lacked details on my comment. I wouldn't ask someone online for such as I know paypal fees can be rough.

I am referring to a situation I experienced in person.

I met someone who had a bin of 28 BBEs, none of which they were selling, ans as they were complaining about never being able to get rid of them. They were literally standing right there talking to another person saying they had had them for years and never been able to get rid of them and that they hated them. I heard the conversation and thought I would make them an offer.

I offered to buy all of them for $1 a piece for a total of $28. The person got really upset and started yelling at me that these ponies were merchandise and there was no way they could go that low and how dare I ask that.

I still wonder if they ever sold them or not.

I love the little monsters and it always makes  me sad when people hate on them so I try to give them all loving homes. rust eyes, chew marks, hair cuts, all are welcome in my herd.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:00:18 AM by UrocyonFox »

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 07:45:42 AM »
I actually like them! But only if their eyes aren't rusty.   ;)

Same here. I grew up with them though as my cousin had two of them in her collection that we played with, Baby Cuddles and Baby Half Note. We pretended that they were siblings lol. They aren't my absolute favorite but the ones I like have a place in my collection. The only one I don't have is Sleepy Pie, she hasn't really grown on me. I do need an upgrade of Baby Shady. My childhood one has terrible regrind.

Thanks!  The three in your post can be derusted, no problem.  They're so cute!

Also, nothing's unanimous here.  Even though many don't like G3.5, for example, some of us really love them.

G2 love might be pretty close to unanimous here though, haha.

G2 isn't unanimously hated, there are many here that do love them.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2017, 07:56:26 AM »
I'm a bit of a contrarian, so when people used to (not as much anymore!) have regular topics about how BBEs were so awful, I decided I HAD to love them! ;) I've also bought several eyeless BBEs on purpose, because I wanna see if putting nice-quality doll eyes in them would help them any! They're sort of pitiable, and I have much uglier ponies in my herd who I adore, so why NOT adore these little weirdos too, you know? :P
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

mothums

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 08:00:47 AM »
I had a BBE Heartthrob when I was a kid, and I thought she was a fakie. I also thought she looked really old instead of a baby so I just pretended she was the shriveled up old lady pony of my herd XD

Overall though, not a huge fan. I think the unicorn BBE's are a little bit cuter, but the others with gaping mouths just don't quite do it for me lol.

Online EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 08:23:16 AM »
I was scarred for life when I saw one with severely rusty eyes.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 09:23:23 AM »
I like them. Not only do I happily have each one, but I also like to make customs out of them.
 :)
Spoiler

whew!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:25:26 AM by mlp4me »

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

lostpony

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 10:12:20 AM »
UrocyonFox, one of the first G1s I bought was a very rusty BBE from a guy on eBay who priced it something like $7 plus 5 shipping or some number like that, and when I asked for him to go lower at all, he got all offended like I poked him with a stick, so I said Whoa mister, calm down and I paid his stupid price.  Somehoe I liked it all rusted up in particular and had to have it...People are weird about selling value and seems especially true for BBEs, maybe they have mind control or something.

nessa16, G2 love :lovey:  not hate seems unanimous here.  I haven't noticed anyone who has stated they dislike them and if you want to ensure views on a brag post, just have some G2 in there....my point was that even though many people are very vocal about disliking things as though everyone hates them, every kind of pony has some admirers.

mlp4me I looove those customs!!  So cute! That turtle looks great and I think I saw the Milky Way before...I want a set just like that.

Post Merge: March 20, 2017, 10:17:25 AM

I had a BBE Heartthrob when I was a kid, and I thought she was a fakie. I also thought she looked really old instead of a baby so I just pretended she was the shriveled up old lady pony of my herd XD

I love this stuff.  To me when they have very rusty eyes they look like they've been smoking cigarettes a long time.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:18:06 AM by lostpony »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal