collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else on the brink of losing total interest in G4?  (Read 15602 times)

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else on the brink of losing total interest in G4?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 04:55:17 AM »
I lost interest in them two years ago. Mostly because of quality and that they kept releasing the mane six over and over with barely any new characters. I only collect the first three generations now.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 05:33:44 AM »
I think G4 was way different then G1 from the very beginning. I personally liked G4 because it was so drastically different then G1. I don't have to be actively buying something to be interested in it.

For me, what OTHER people like or don't like, makes no influence on what I enjoy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 05:44:37 AM »
My interest in them had kind of died down, though I still would get blind bags and the occasional brushable, but it was pretty few and far between.  I also haven't watched the show since the first few episodes of the third season.  I didn't dislike it or anything, I just kind of got behind on the new episodes and never quite caught up again.

Interestingly, the reboot has totally got my interest piqued again!  I LOVE the new dynamic, cute poses!  I bought all 3 of the main six that they had at Walmart the other day (Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Twilight) and I really want the other 3 of them, too.  I'm also interested in the non main six characters and the sea ponies.  The poses have so much personality!  In particular I adore Pinkie's fun pose.  It's so "her."  My hope is that they start doing totally new characters in these fun poses, too.  My favorite part of G4 was when they were releasing all those beautiful ponies like Lulu Luck, Cupcake, Snow Catcher, Dewdrop Dazzle, etc.  Having ponies like that on these new poses would be the icing on the cake fore me. 

So while G1 and G3 remain my favorites, I'm pleased that there are some G4s that I'm excited about collecting again because of the reboot. 

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 05:47:45 AM »
Ehhh...

I'll probably still watch the show, but as far as the toys go? I'm not sure. I might get a few of the new movie toys that they showed off at Toy Fair this year when they come out. The anime figure collector in me is actually more drawn to the Equestria Girls Minis these days rather than the brushable G4s.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 05:58:41 AM »
Not me but I have fear of it happening.

I've only been into MLP at all in the last 1.5 year and it's just a smorgasbord of pony wonderfulness and I love that every time I look around I find new G1s, there are just so many I don't know WHEN I'll know them all and I'm in no hurry but G4 still really rings my bell.  I just found a Party City that has countless cheapie pony things nice and accurate in shape and color and my brain was just awash in pony-induced good chemicals.  Not like when I can only find a couple of things and they are overpriced like in many stores etc.  Somehow just the form of Rainbow Dash (though not necessarily the character) really is wonderful and drives me nuts.  I don't even really care how people look or what cars look like anymore, I just want to look at ponies.

All the generations have their appeal but I began with the actual art of G4 and was astounded at how much I love the show and while I am constantly frustrated by the issues it has, I quickly forget them and just keep loving it and hope I never stop.  I have found ponies at a very difficult lonely time of life and they fill a huge hole in my heart and so far, they just keep doing it.

Lore-Lei I'm sad to hear you nuked your G4 art.  I've been sad that you are so vehemently not into G4 anymore and I hope you don't lose your love for G1 and G3 because I am not sure how we are supposed to face the cold dark world without ponies in our hearts if not clutched tightly to our chests.  Also all this time I assumed it was G1 Twilight you've been hiding away behind your CDs...

I'm disappointed in the new brushables too, after all this time I was so excited that there would finally be some and they are just wrong.  I bought just a couple that weren't too bad, like the open-mouth Pinky and the Twilight Sparkle with the better wing shape.  But they'll probably grow on me over time like the old ones did.  Love the GoH though.

Eh, as to bronies, there's a lot of great material out there from bronies and there are people in every group that ruin things...but with some exceptions like the new Mail Pony none of that has anything to do with G4 so it's sad to hear how some were turned off on the entire thing.

For whatever reason that you are either put off by or losing interest in G4, I offer my condolences and sincerely hope it doesn't happen to me. 

Oh and, please give me all your unwanted ponies.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 06:29:00 AM »
I was never much into it to begin with. Yes its closest to G1 in its adventure tones, but the drastic, un-horselike designs, the rabid nutcases, (not all of them are like this, but the sane members seem to be the exception, not the rule sadly) lack of variety, dreadful quality control, pandering, the show dragging on past it's expiration date and the new reboot have done little to endear me.

Now I have watched some episodes, it ain't too shabby, but I don't see how it's supposed to be this amazing show. I prefer Transformers NURiD15 atm.

I do have a few figures and I'm very interested in the new merponies so I don't despise it. But this generation does not wow me like G1 and G3 did and it just seems to keep going downhill fast.

I hope it ends soon and we get fresh new horsey redesigns, brand new characters and a return to good quality control.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:39:54 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 06:38:16 AM »
I'd have to say my interest has been waning for awhile. I don't go out of my way to watch the show anymore, haven't for over a year. I only buy the new characters, rather than one each of each release. And I don't really go out of my way to find them. If they are in the store when I am there - sure. But buying international ones, no.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 08:22:13 AM »
Glad to see I'm really not alone. I know some opinions differ. There are some I still really like, such are the pearlized ones. They are very pretty. And the glittery Pinkie and Wysteria. I thought that maybe instead of selling them and having seller's remorse, I should pack them away. I want more room to display G1's and other collection's and that shelf is perfect. My G1 shelf is totally packed. :P I can hold more babies but not more adults.

I'll admit when FiM first came out I was with everyone else, I loved it. But the overbearing fans kind of ruined it. And all the memes. And when you search MLP on a search engine you can now find adult stuff. It's kind of like....my childhood has been invaded by monsters. I am not a prude but I don't want to be associated with that. It's a bad stigma. It used to be so easy to find G1 art but even if you search G1 My Little Pony on a search engine you still end up with a bunch of G4 stuff. It's dominating. At least, the last time I searched it was.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:24:10 AM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 09:08:50 AM »
Lore-Lei I'm sad to hear you nuked your G4 art.  I've been sad that you are so vehemently not into G4 anymore and I hope you don't lose your love for G1 and G3 because I am not sure how we are supposed to face the cold dark world without ponies in our hearts if not clutched tightly to our chests.  Also all this time I assumed it was G1 Twilight you've been hiding away behind your CDs...
Oh don't worry, I've got backup for that, namely Lalaloopsy and Strawberry Shortcake. It's why I've not coming to this site as much anymore. But still, G3 at the least will have a special place in my heart for its purity.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 09:45:19 AM »
Fell off the G4 bandwagon right about when the 'brony' thing started.
Okay, more like I leapt the heck off the bandwagon and ran screaming in the other direction...  *sad*

Ha!  For me, it was right about the time they released the news about the new design and Lauren Faust's art....  Never been a fan, never going to be a fan....

Still longing for a design where they look like HORSES again.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2017, 09:57:31 AM »
I've actually been more interested recently, starting with when they released the pearlized brushables (last year?).  I'm very interested in the more dynamic poses, the upcoming sea ponies, the Chrysalis and NMM statues, and some of the Guardians of Harmony.

I can see how people can get burnt out, though.  I think it helps that I wasn't really into the original toy design and didn't get most of them.  I don't even own all of the Mane 6.

I'm less into the show than I used to be, but I don't hate it or anything.  I think it's cute and pretty witty for something aimed at small kids.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2017, 09:58:43 AM »
Fell off the G4 bandwagon right about when the 'brony' thing started.
Okay, more like I leapt the heck off the bandwagon and ran screaming in the other direction...  *sad*

Ha!  For me, it was right about the time they released the news about the new design and Lauren Faust's art....  Never been a fan, never going to be a fan....

Still longing for a design where they look like HORSES again.

Let's hope they do soon.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2017, 10:21:20 AM »
I'm pretty bored with them, haven't even bought a new pony in quite some time. It's a mix of not being able to afford them and losing interest. I still love MLP, just not really G4 anymore.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2017, 11:02:47 AM »
I've always been "meh" due to the lack of brushables. They have all these promising characters but only made them in blind bag form. Not into the show or the other toys and I find the whole Bring thing just bizarre. I just think Hasbro took G4 in a weird direction.

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2017, 11:08:03 AM »
Opposite here. I was completely disinterested in G4 specifically because it's so different from all I loved about G1 and came to love about G3. But I have recently started taking it as its own thing, a totally separate iteration of the MLP universe and doing that I have a new appreciation of G4.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal