collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to tame TY Sparkle Princess Hair  (Read 627 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
How to tame TY Sparkle Princess Hair
« on: April 03, 2017, 06:51:29 PM »
I finally got a Ty Sparkle Luna Beanie Baby but her mane and tail are quite tangled and messy. She was the only one at Barnes and Noble and the first one they've had for several months. Does anyone have any styling tips?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: How to tame TY Sparkle Princess Hair
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 07:12:12 PM »
Anyone? :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How to tame TY Sparkle Princess Hair
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 12:03:08 AM »
Well...........actually I have a new discovery I've used just once so far and it's good.

"Bear Stuff" dry wash from Buildabear comes in a pump spray for $8 and is wet for a short while then you scrub it and it becomes foam and you wipe it off...on the plushes for surface cleaning.  It was suggested to use on their hair and I tried it out two days ago on a really tangled Bab Celestia from the thrift store and it worked very well.  Just use enough to moisten the area you're working with and reapply as it dries.

I had a much worse condition Bab Fluttershy a while ago that I tried diluted fabric softener on, and that worked well but I had to tie the thing hanging upside down to keep it from running onto the plush and it was tough on the hands after a while.

Really any conditioner etc will work or even just hot water if you are OK with immersing it, but if you want to keep the plush dry I think the best stuff is the Bear Stuff.

I'm working on a G3 Styling Cheerilee I just got today at thrift, and while I started with the Bear Stuff, it was using it up too fast so and isn't necessary on a non-plush so I'm using conditioner and her hair is much finer and tougher to work than the Bab plush hair.  I think most plush hair is quite a bit heavier than the plastic ponies.

For hot water, just fill up a big bowl and hang the plush over it and keep dunking the hair.  Use a rubber band or something to put a loop on the feet and hang from something above a drip-collector of some kind so you can use both hands on the hair.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal