collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PayPal advice required please.  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: PayPal advice required please.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 03:02:45 PM »
I do apologise, my keyboard is lagging and skipping things on firefox for some bizarre reason and when I read it back, I forgot I'd meant it to say PERSONAL paypal accounts, but as it made sense, I skimmed over the error on proofreading and hit post. I'm back to using Chrome today, I'd forgotten about the firefox issue as it's my default and I'd started my browsing session by opening an email link - which of course opened in my default browser. This is my post amended, and I will edit the above post as well!

Yeah you can't have the same bank account or credit card attached to multiple personal paypal accounts. My old paypal was closed because of this - someone signed up with my CC number, and as I hadn't used my paypal (or the email attached) in a long time, I wasn't aware of the hold they placed on my account. When I did go to use it, the hold had expired, and because no action was taken by either party to prove ownership of the credit card, both accounts were locked. I went to my bank, got a new CC number for my bank account, and used my current email address, and I was all good to sign up for a new account. It is against TOS, but because of the fraud in my case, it was allowed, so long as I verified with an actual bank account.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 03:18:23 PM »
It doesn't say in the FAQ that the two separate PayPal accounts have to be two different types of accounts, just that they have to be approved by PayPal to both be linked to the same bank account. Just in my and my husband's case they happen to be different types of accounts. We each have different emails and have our own backup credit cards in our own names. And this may have something to do with why PayPal allowed us to both link to the bank account without problem.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 04:47:49 PM »
Mine was locked due to a fraudster signing up with the same CC number, as they suspected fraud (thankfully). When I asked about opening my new personal account, they told me on the phone that I could not add the same Credit card number or bank account as the old account as the signup primary payment method, or at all upon sign-up as it was already linked to a personal account, despite being able to prove ownership. Thankfully my actual bank account had not been linked to the old account, only the associated CC number, so I just changed that and re-joined with the new CC and email, but because I already had a locked account, I had to add a bank account to verify my identity and as a secondary payment method (even though both are the same actual account). Then I could add whatever bank account or CC details I liked, once I was verified.

I have never had a business account, and am not sure how that works, just going by what was said to me by Paypal when I had to open a new personal account myself. It is entirely possible that several staff at Paypal are completely clueless, but I did get the same story on the 3 calls I made to Paypal over that issue. It was at least 5 years ago now, but less than 9 as my maiden name is on the new account as well as my married name, but not my old address. It is possibly an old loophole, but it was not one I myself found at that particular time. Was it a joint account, and then the account name was still a match for each Paypal account? It may also be possible that in rare cases they approve that sort of thing, but I was quite definitely told no to my completely legitimate request, and I doubt they would approve the OP's associate's request to dodge an overdrawn PP account by doing so, so my advice still stands.

If the fraud policy is the same as when I went through my own issue, you can't just open a new personal paypal account with the same banking details as any other personal account, they will lock both accounts pending proof of account ownership, and then they will possibly either permanently lock one or both accounts, depending on proof of ownership and current policy. You can add another paypal user's CC details/address/name later as a SECONDARY payment account, and use it. I do have my husband's banking details as a secondary account, as my husband frequently locks himself out of his paypal, so you can add another user's details, just not on signup when they cross-check account details. I've never tried to switch his details to primary, so I'm not sure if that could be a potential loophole, or if it would lock my account. But you do currently need a different bank account or CC to actually sign up without issue as far as my own experience.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 05:03:34 PM »
I think their fraud policy seems to be pretty good, especially since it worked for you, Stormness! And I think you're right about them probably not approving the OP friend's request to dodge their PayPal problems. I think PayPal has pretty much covered themselves for all instances so that they can get their money and walk away with little to no problems on their end.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal