TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

PayPal advice required please.

(1/4) > >>

Rhubarbpie:
Hello people,  I am looking for some advice on behalf of one of my FB group members please.

I am currently helping a member on the FB group I admin who has really gotten into trouble with her sales.

She has had one of her customers raise a case on Paypal because she has not delivered (obvs) and her paypal account is now registering a minus and the amount that is to be refunded.

Now, this girl is very skint and is relying on her mum transferring a small amount into her paypal to pay for groceries etc.  She is concerned that if the money goes into her paypal, it will be less than the minus amount and it will be swallowed up to cover the refund.

She is asking if she would be OK to open up another paypal account.

Sadly I know very little about the in's and out's of paypal especially when things go wrong. Is there anyone who can explain things please??

Cron Sacchariferous:
The only way she might be able to "walk around it" is if she has several different banking institutions. She can start a new email and sign up for a new paypal account, adding details of the bank that is NOT linked to any other current paypal accounts. However, keeping in mind that as long as she uses the current banking info, the 2 sets of numbers always stays the same no matter what and those are her direct deposit numbers and routing number. It won't matter if she makes a new account along with new debit cards or what not.. it won't do anything.

lovesbabysquirmy:
I believe it may be against Paypal's TOS to open multiple accounts to escape the "fallout" of a transaction.

Sebby6:
Yes I'm pretty sure Paypal would use the money from her mother to close the gap and no, unless she has another bank account she will not be able to withdraw any money from the new Paypal account as you can't register a bank account twice.

Rhubarbpie:
Thanks for the advice. I have relayed this info to her now and she has decided not to do this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version