collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PayPal advice required please.  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
PayPal advice required please.
« on: March 17, 2017, 11:46:57 AM »
Hello people,  I am looking for some advice on behalf of one of my FB group members please.

I am currently helping a member on the FB group I admin who has really gotten into trouble with her sales.

She has had one of her customers raise a case on Paypal because she has not delivered (obvs) and her paypal account is now registering a minus and the amount that is to be refunded.

Now, this girl is very skint and is relying on her mum transferring a small amount into her paypal to pay for groceries etc.  She is concerned that if the money goes into her paypal, it will be less than the minus amount and it will be swallowed up to cover the refund.

She is asking if she would be OK to open up another paypal account.

Sadly I know very little about the in's and out's of paypal especially when things go wrong. Is there anyone who can explain things please??

Offline Cron Sacchariferous

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
Re: PayPal advice required please.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 12:25:37 PM »
The only way she might be able to "walk around it" is if she has several different banking institutions. She can start a new email and sign up for a new paypal account, adding details of the bank that is NOT linked to any other current paypal accounts. However, keeping in mind that as long as she uses the current banking info, the 2 sets of numbers always stays the same no matter what and those are her direct deposit numbers and routing number. It won't matter if she makes a new account along with new debit cards or what not.. it won't do anything.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 12:38:02 PM by Cron Sacchariferous »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 03:29:33 PM »
I believe it may be against Paypal's TOS to open multiple accounts to escape the "fallout" of a transaction.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 10:13:52 AM »
Yes I'm pretty sure Paypal would use the money from her mother to close the gap and no, unless she has another bank account she will not be able to withdraw any money from the new Paypal account as you can't register a bank account twice.

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 12:33:13 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I have relayed this info to her now and she has decided not to do this.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 06:00:01 PM »
Yes I'm pretty sure Paypal would use the money from her mother to close the gap and no, unless she has another bank account she will not be able to withdraw any money from the new Paypal account as you can't register a bank account twice.

My husband and I each have separate PayPal accounts and share a bank account and we both have the bank account registered to our PayPal accounts, so I would have to say your statement is false.

However, neither of us has ever had problems with our accounts. I always have a balance and my husband always pays his fees on time. So, I really doubt PayPal has a problem with us doing it this way.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 06:24:39 PM »
I can confirm that PayPal will not let you have 2 accounts attached to the same bank account. I ran into this issue when I was trying to consolidate to one bank account between my husband & I after I stopped working full time. In the end, I kept my separate bank account in order to keep our PayPal accounts running separately.

bluerose, is it possible that your 2 accounts were started before PayPal had this rule in place and you were "grandfathered in" with existing accounts?

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 06:39:59 PM »
It's possible. We've had them this way for a long time. But it's a fact. Two separate accounts, both attached. Probably this way for 15 years.

They probably stopped allowing people to do this when people were opening new accounts after having negative balances but allowing good customers who had already done it to remain using theirs. Both my husband and I actively use ours. I opened mine separately from him at the time because, if I didn't, he'd use my balances, and I set those aside for my collecting. Balances = pony money.

But, back to the OP, I think you have your answer as far as opening a new Paypal account is concerned. They apparently won't allow you to do that anymore. And I understand why they'd not want people doing that. She'll probably have to pay what she owes Paypal first and rely on other means for groceries (friends, etc.) until she can get that figured out. You have to be careful how you deal with big operations like Paypal. They just want their money. They don't have a heart. They don't care about money problems. They just want what they're owed.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 05:29:22 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 06:04:09 AM »
Thanks again, I think she was thinking it was like an ebay account or something where - as many of us have seen on this trading post - if a person gets a load of negatives or something like that, they just open a new account with little fuss.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 06:12:21 AM »
According to the PayPal FAQ, You can have two accounts. One for business and one for personal. It has to have separate emails, banking info and etc.

I assume with a business account you need to treat it as such by reporting all earnings and whatever goes along with being a business.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 08:55:25 AM »
My friend's ex still has her bank account attached to his PayPal and refuses to take it off. Now she can't withdraw her PayPal funds because PayPal won't let her connect her own bank account to her account

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 01:13:57 AM »
Yeah you can't have the same bank account or credit card attached to multiple personal paypal accounts. My old paypal was closed because of this - someone signed up with my CC number, and as I hadn't used my paypal (or the email attached) in a long time, I wasn't aware of the hold they placed on my account. When I did go to use it, the hold had expired, and because no action was taken by either party to prove ownership of the credit card, both accounts were locked. I went to my bank, got a new CC number for my bank account, and used my current email address, and I was all good to sign up for a new account. It is against TOS, but because of the fraud in my case, it was allowed, so long as I verified with an actual bank account.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:03:10 PM by Stormness_1 »

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 06:03:43 AM »
Yeah you can't have the same bank account or credit card attached to multiple paypal accounts.

Again with the can't. Since my husband's and mine have been attached to the same bank account for years, this would seem to be untrue. There must be some loophole that we fell into. It is true that his is a personal account and mine is a business account. His is used mostly to buy and mine used primarily to sell. He's had his since Paypal began. I signed up for mine when I met him when he introduced me to eBay. But he'll draw directly from the bank account from his and I will transfer money back to the bank account from mine. I don't understand why they won't allow more trusted members to do this, especially since it works so well for us.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 11:20:47 AM »
Here is some info from Paypal.com's FAQ:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/Can-one-bank-account-be-used-on-two-different-PayPal-accounts-FAQ1838

Can one bank account be used on two different PayPal accounts?

You can add a bank account to one PayPal account at a time. However, if approved, you may be able to add the bank to a second PayPal account. You will be informed when linking the bank to the second PayPal account if you have been approved.

And paypal on multiple accounts: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/Can-I-have-multiple-PayPal-accounts-FAQ762

Can I have multiple PayPal accounts?

Yes. You can have one Consumer account and one  Business account. You can add more email addresses, debit or credit cards, and bank accounts to your account, but each account must have its own email address and financial information. You can also upgrade your Consumer account to a Business account.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »
Here is some info from Paypal.com's FAQ:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/Can-one-bank-account-be-used-on-two-different-PayPal-accounts-FAQ1838

Can one bank account be used on two different PayPal accounts?

You can add a bank account to one PayPal account at a time. However, if approved, you may be able to add the bank to a second PayPal account. You will be informed when linking the bank to the second PayPal account if you have been approved.

And paypal on multiple accounts: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/Can-I-have-multiple-PayPal-accounts-FAQ762

Can I have multiple PayPal accounts?

Yes. You can have one Consumer account and one  Business account. You can add more email addresses, debit or credit cards, and bank accounts to your account, but each account must have its own email address and financial information. You can also upgrade your Consumer account to a Business account.

So, this shows exactly why my husband and I have been able to link both of our PayPal accounts to our bank account​. Looks like you can do it with PayPal's approval. So that answers that and people can stop saying "can't" and "never" because people like me are doing it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal