collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Patent Pending List for G1?  (Read 1485 times)

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
Patent Pending List for G1?
« on: March 14, 2017, 09:56:54 AM »
Anyone have a list of ponies that have Pat pend variants of the standard HK/China releases?

Thank you!

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Patent Pending List for G1?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »
I'm going to watch this topic. This is quite a loaded question.
Are you talking US? UK? Germany?

I know:
Princesses
Big Brothers
NBBE
Play & Care

I'm sure there are many others.

Offline kasin

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 09:10:49 AM »
I'm sorry! I should have been clearer. I'm looking to identify ponies (or sets) that had both a patent pending and a non patent pending version where this is their primary difference. so all of them would be HK or Chinese and no other bigger variation like hair color on the German Sunday best or princess sets.

I'm trying to find ways to make identifying these ponies faster and easier.

Family ponies and baby Cuddles also have both versions. Orginal 6 have several variations in hoof markings like this (those I gave up and just need to check them all). Rainbow Curl had both, ....

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 12:57:36 PM »
My Skydancer has a Pat Pending stamped on her. I'll check my other ponies.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 01:33:36 PM »
I've not seen a list, but I'm sure there will be one.

The patent for MLP was granted in 1987 or there abouts, so there are a mix of hoof marks (pat pend vs no pat pend) on the hooves of the year six and year seven ponies.  This is also the time when manufacturing was swapped. From Hong Kong to China (with Thailand being tried out) so again this is why you get a mix of hoof marks.

Any regular release made after year seven is made in China and has no pat pend mark :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 02:30:09 PM »
My other ponies who have it are:

Whizzer
Sweet Pop
Masquerade
Tropical Breeze
Yum Yum
Steamer
Twilight (Unicorn)
Sparkler (Unicorn)
MO Starhopper
Skyflier
Galaxy
Fizzy
Baby Bouncy
Baby Moondancer
Sea shell

Hope this helps.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 02:45:35 PM »
I've got vaguely what you're looking for. I made a list of all my ponies and then added others as they showed up in posts. I'd be more than happy to keep it updated if anyone can add info to it because I do have a few gaps.
So it's not all checked but a good start :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11_lsUeMLON0biphbKLP3lAmqOldxELN36OqNY5yRI3w/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:49:31 PM by Chrissytree »

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 02:47:13 PM »
I've not seen a list, but I'm sure there will be one.

The patent for MLP was granted in 1987 or there abouts, so there are a mix of hoof marks (pat pend vs no pat pend) on the hooves of the year six and year seven ponies.  This is also the time when manufacturing was swapped. From Hong Kong to China (with Thailand being tried out) so again this is why you get a mix of hoof marks.

Any regular release made after year seven is made in China and has no pat pend mark :)

Love pkw xxx

Learn something new every day.

This thread is great :D
~Foxtale~

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 08:49:31 AM »
Oh, you opened a thread for this! :D
I thought about the question already, and thought one can exclude the US Only-releases as these most likely will have no NPP Alter Ego. Then again, for the Happy Tails, there was releases in some parts of Europe so these could have both versions as well?

For the others, I thought that probably the US releases were a little ahead in time and when the German NPP releases followed, the patent had already been approved, hence the difference and the removed Pat- Pend. marking on so many German ponies?
In any case, I can tell there's NPP versions of year five ponies also, like the FT babies, TAF Sugarberry and Dancing Butterflies, TE Tic Tac Toe, Tex and others.

The release difference thing is only my theory though, not sure when the different series were actually released in Europe.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:05:30 AM by Tiara546 »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 09:32:02 AM »
Oh, you opened a thread for this! :D
I thought about the question already, and thought one can exclude the US Only-releases as these most likely will have no NPP Alter Ego. Then again, for the Happy Tails, there was releases in some parts of Europe so these could have both versions as well?

For the others, I thought that probably the US releases were a little ahead in time and when the German NPP releases followed, the patent had already been approved, hence the difference and the removed Pat- Pend. marking on so many German ponies?
In any case, I can tell there's NPP versions of year five ponies also, like the FT babies, TAF Sugarberry and Dancing Butterflies, TE Tic Tac Toe, Tex and others.

The release difference thing is only my theory though, not sure when the different series were actually released in Europe.

You are correct, the Euro ponies were released ever so slightly later than the US ponies.

This is especially true of the ponies released in the German speaking countries, which is why ponies such as the first edition Princess ponies (even those who got regular colour hair) are lacking the pat pend stamp.

HOWEVER, this does not mean that all ponies lacking a pat pend mark were intended for release in a German speaking country. This is because all ponies made after 1987 or there about, have the pat pend stamp removed.

That rule that a pony is "German" release only applies to a few sets of ponies, this includes the Big Brothers and the first edition Princesses, as well as a few other sets.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Tiara546

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 10:07:27 AM »
I thouht so, thank you pkw :3

Offline kasin

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 10:41:37 AM »
Year 10 birthday pony has Patent pending..... is this a known error? is there a non PP version too?

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 10:48:10 AM »
Year 10 birthday pony has Patent pending..... is this a known error? is there a non PP version too?

I don't know. I've just gone from my ponies. She was bought in the UK but was in a US box. I have another in my sales box and she's pat pending too.

Offline kasin

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 11:08:25 AM »

I don't know. I've just gone from my ponies. She was bought in the UK but was in a US box. I have another in my sales box and she's pat pending too.

Why Hasbro! ?!?

here is another related question, if the HK China switch was at the same time as the Pat pend switch, would that mean there *could* be 4 minor variants for some sets? 1st set wingers have Hk/China variants, now I'll have to check their PP marks too because I was not looking at that before....

this is almost as bad sorting blue butterfly brushes.....

how about the Thailand fancy pants? do they PP and non PP sets on the US release? I don't collect this set so I don't have any to look at.

Offline Tiara546

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 12:51:51 PM »

There definately is a NPP version of the Bday pony, I have one here which was bought from german Ebay.

I have a wide variety of Fancy Pants Babies and took a look, not a single one of these has a Pat. Pend. stamp, not even those from Thailand. I just have several variants especially of the European ones with and without a forelock. ALso, some look to have their eyes painted in black and some in anthracite.

Can't remember to have seen a winger with a Pat. Pend stamp yet, just China and HK so far.

The Sweetberry ponies have China and HK (not sure if all have) and the Euro version of Raspberry Jam has no forelock
the Candy Canes have Pat. Pend. and NPP (except those who were only sold in the US (Lemon Treats and Mint Dreams), these have Pat. Pend.
the Sundea Best ponies have China and HK (not sure if all have), none of mine has Pat. Pend, not even the US version of Swirly Whirly.

I don't think there is any with four variations with China/HK and PP/NPP.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:06:32 PM by Tiara546 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal