collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do or Did you play with your Ponies?

Yes I still DO
Yes, NOT anymore
Sometimes
I get the urge to play, but I end up not doing it.
No, I just collect to have on my shelf.
No, But want to.

Author Topic: Do or Did you play with your Ponies? care to share?  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Do or Did you play with your Ponies? care to share?
« on: March 12, 2017, 09:37:56 PM »
HI EVERY PONY!!!
I really wanted to ask this question for a long time, even though it may have been done before, I want to liven it up a bit then... 
So the question is: Do or Did you play with your Ponies?
If your answer was Yes: would you mind sharing a story-line or describing how you played with your ponies? (People play in different ways) Of course you don't have too.. this is just a poll after all... story-lines are just a bonus.. :D
I have been wanting to make a poll like this for a very long time... I Just finally am brave enough to do it.  :lol:

I will start first of course:
At 10 yrs old N taught me to role play there voices and give each pony a different voice with attitude. It was very different then I have ever played before, When I played dollhouse by myself.  :blink: It became nature after a while... later on we decided to up our story-lines
So there was 2 kingdoms... each kingdom had a dance team that they Tried to keep a secret from there own queen. there was a dance club where these 2 teams "The Tanzanites vs The Tease" would meat up and have a dance contest to see who is the best team in the land... I can remember the ponies we used and the names we called them during the story-line. Both of our favorite ponies was Baybee... LOL NO not the cry baby... Snickers It is "Hey Baybee" LOL!! I played her voice and Literally Every time I hear Bernadette's voice From the Big Bang Theory I I think of Baybee... man if only I can duplicate it again just for fun if I where to ever play again... By myself..  :biggrin:
Adding more right here.
N had the Tanzanites
nightingale/bride pony, leader
Kitty/ sweet heart ruby lips
Tia/Loving Kisses
Zulu/ Star Swirl
Sugar/ Royal purple Princess... Really mean and harsh...
I had The Tease
Katrina/ Royal Pink.. hated anyone including her team...  -_-
Baybee/ Goldilocks mentioned above.. Got along with everyone besides Katrina
Angela/Flower Dream Sweet heart sister/ Trouble Maker
Melinda/ FLowerburst Angela's side kick...

We had N'SYNC and Backstreet Boys, and of course there has to be a bad guy who kidnaps women and the Guys have to save the Danzzel in Distress.
Some drama twists:the Queen finds out it was her royal ladies sneaking out at night."
Weelll I told you we up-ed the Story-line...  :satisfied:

Anyone else care to share???  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:23:32 AM by Starflashbaby »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Do or Did you play with your Ponies? care to share?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 09:54:05 PM »
HECK YES I STILL DO!!
I started when I was a small child, as I have always loved to imagine adventures with ponies and other dolls. As I grew older, that never changed. Now my sister loves playing with my collection, and I'll play with her too. She usually chooses my G3 royal twist to use as her own character, who happens to be an all powerful alicorn princess. she lets me play everyone else and give them personalities. mayweather has a sort of fluttery like personality, but has a cranky, Granny Smith sort of voice. Majesty has a bit of a short temper, but is genearally meaning well. Milky Way is always the know it all, and has her own space ship made from a tissue box to explore the stars with. My miniature glory is the fastest unicorn alive, zipping along a trail of stars. Firefly is a klutz, often crashing into storms in an attempt to prove pegasi are invincible!  Sundance and her baby are the pharmacists, supplying potions and magical remedies. And I have to remember all this and more, as well as switching between characters. It's like multiple personality disorder, but with horses!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline CactusBloom

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Formerly leafcascade
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Blog - rileyspones
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 10:52:38 PM »
I used to play with them. I started when I was little with the G2 toys, but got really into it with G3 when I was about ten. I never saw the shows so I came up with my own characterization and stories for them. I had a pretty cool world and story built up for them! I wish I had written it all down.

I get the urge to play with them, but have no imagination anymore. I end up just brushing them and handling them.

However, I do love to take pictures of them, and sometimes I think of "headcanons".
Formerly known as leafcascade
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 11:37:51 PM »
leafcascade: Up until today, I REALLY could not get any imagination going for anything...It has always been displaying them and taking pics of them for insurance issues and have pony clean day. I have Ideas now and you know what the kicker is??? they are in storage at this second cause we are selling the house....  -_- but I really wanted to see if there are people in the same boat as me... so i made a poll

Mewtwofan1: Did you give them alternative names or where they the names of the actual pony? Milky way sounds way too cool..  :biggrin:
i'm going to edit my top post adding the names of the pony and how they acted like you did. That was a really great idea of yours, it really made it come to life.

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 12:06:35 AM »
I played with them as a kid and a pre-teenager. I dont anymore.  :satisfied:

Thank you :heart:

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 02:41:48 AM »
I didn't have ponies when I was little. My girlfriend and fellow collector ( :) ) did, she tells me that her ponies had all sorts of adventures, from fighting bad guys to just going on a daytrip to the seaside or starting at school, which she then wrote down as stories. She still has the stories, they are adorable. I remember seeing one where the ponies went to the seaside and Heart Throb got washed out to sea; one of the boy ponies had to leap in and rescue her.

These days, we mostly 'play' with our ponies by making up little stories about what they get up to when we aren't around. Our theory is that the pony cupboard actually contains a portal to PonyLand, and, far from just sitting around on shelves, our ponies are off leading their own lives. We have a lot fun thinking what jobs they might do, and who they are dating  or related to. Also we sometimes draw them or take photos.

Offline babypowder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Thanks to Ponyland Press for my adoptable
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 03:20:36 AM »
Sometimes (: my younger brother will usually play with me and we won't  do any special voices or anything but we make my ponies have adventures.

Princess Celestia is the leader, but Twilight is the leader of ponyville.

Here is one of my  ponies backstory:

Cherry Berry is a inventor who loves spending time in the garage, building things. She is also a Pony of Justice (Ponyville's own branch of superheroes) named Chell.
Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks!

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 06:06:57 AM »
I play with my ponies and probably always will do now

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 06:28:17 AM »
leafcascade: Up until today, I REALLY could not get any imagination going for anything...It has always been displaying them and taking pics of them for insurance issues and have pony clean day. I have Ideas now and you know what the kicker is??? they are in storage at this second cause we are selling the house....  -_- but I really wanted to see if there are people in the same boat as me... so i made a poll

Mewtwofan1: Did you give them alternative names or where they the names of the actual pony? Milky way sounds way too cool..  :biggrin:
i'm going to edit my top post adding the names of the pony and how they acted like you did. That was a really great idea of yours, it really made it come to life.

Milky Way? Yeah, her name was Pluto. Growing up, Pluto was my favourite planet, and I wanted to build a house there and have a little garden to grow super small carrots. Royal twist became Claire, my sisters favourite name. The bridal pony just became known as white or Blanca, after the animal crossing character. Since there was a G4 and G3 rainbow dash, I just call the G3 rainbow dash rainbow cloud. I mean, my grandma said we should call her blue horse but I didn't like that.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 07:00:45 AM »
I was a teen (or almost a teen) when I got my first pony. By that age I had outgrown playing with toys. I wouldn't mind playing with my toys, but the desire just never strikes me.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 02:28:37 PM »
My favorite "play" was when I got a new pony and came up with a story about how they came to my Ponyland. Everywhere else in the world must have been really terrible, because there were always herds of forlorn and lost ponies, so relieved to find a home in Ponyland! Sometimes I would get doubles, like when Baby Gusty's double came to Ponyland- it threw everyone in town for a loop, since Gusty 1 was sort of mean, but this one wasn't! I still have them both- how do you sell a memory like that?

I've actually thought about this question a lot lately- I don't make up stories or move the ponies around anymore, but my three-year-old has been allowed to play with some of the collection, and he has a different adventure every time. It's really nice to see, that someone is still adventuring with the ponies.

In case you were wondering, his stories are a little different than mine. More crashing. Less talking. And frankly, a lot of whining.  :lovey:
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 03:28:27 PM »
I absolutely used to! I made houses out of boxes and accessories for my boy ponies. So Tug (Salty) had his own boat, (which I still have somewhere) and Tracks (Steamer) had a train with an engine and two ice cream tub carriages! Unfortunately I don't have that one anymore but it was really cool and he used to take the baby and flutter ponies for rides around my room :)
We used to have sports days with races and for some reason my favourite ponies usually won but they were gracious in defeat if they lost (to another favourite, obviously.)
Every Christmas I got one of the ponies to "help" me put up decorations and one year I wrote all my ponies a tiny little card.

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 03:37:21 PM »
Every Christmas I got one of the ponies to "help" me put up decorations and one year I wrote all my ponies a tiny little card.
That's adorable!I think i'm not the only one that would want to see it if you still have it.

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 11:39:07 AM »
hilamb & CloudyGlow: I felt like that For a long time... The urge is just coming back...  :blink: and I have no ponies in my room!!!   :pout: Hurry up and sell the house dang it!!!

Shaz: So its like writing/Talking instead of acting it, did I get that right? that is a good idea too. Since you already know I'm moving (stuck in limbo for now) I am going to resort to writing my thoughts down At least for now... 

babypowder: Its Good that your little brother joins in on the fun.

EnaRocketQueen & Mewtwofan1:  I played with ponies up till sophomore yr in High school.
I was talking to mom and she said, "My older sister Plays with video games none stop and she has a great job and responsibilities. That used to be a “Geek Type Thing” and now it is expectable in the worlds eyes and is even shown to ease stress/depression. Don’t forget about your brother either, he may play in the garage (we call it tinkering) and is always fixing cars with his friends, he has a model collection. So why can you not play with your ponies?” Hmm Mom really knows how to make a point.

So I had to think about that, we took hours putting his models into storage.... how could I really forget about that???? He is a “geek” himself: video game Gears of War collection, Funko batman/ car type things like the time machine. He just got the Matrix Neel Funko figure from my sister and he totally freaked over it.

lostpony: I wonder if i can edit the poll I shall see.
StarFlashBaybee!  :happy:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 04:32:38 PM by Starflashbaby »

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 04:07:32 PM »
Mewtofan1, well they took away your planet (no longer a planet) but you'll always have your blue horse...dangit, now Rainbow Dash is going to be Blue Horse from now on, haha.  Thanks grandma.

Aurora, more crashing and whining....ah, so more G3 (with the utmost respect to G3)

All, this is great stuff.  Based on Faust's doing the same and writing G4, any of you could perhaps create G5.

I was never into ponies as a kid, my idea of toys were saws and hammers and really bad quality computers we had back then, but now my idea of playing with ponies is stuffing the bed with them or taking them around taking pictures of them seeming to shop, look at scenery, or pose (I have several threads around with such things).  Apparently I have the bug to do more with them because I just wrote a pony story, first arc is complete and about 20,000 words ("a pony story" in FiM subforum, check it ooouuuut) and the next arc is clanging around my brain especially while commuting.

I can't mark anything on the poll cuz there's no spot for No but I want to...

Great thread, thanks so much for this StarFlashBaybee!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 04:10:47 PM by lostpony »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal