collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay buyer keeps delaying payment...  (Read 864 times)

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay buyer keeps delaying payment...
« on: March 11, 2017, 08:12:27 PM »
So I've sold about 8 or 9 ponies to a particular buyer.  I'm glad to have her custom, I mean it's great to be moving some ponies and I don't want to put her off by being pushy.  She's just taking forever to pay.

The first lot she bought in February, she took so long that ebay wouldn't let me combine the invoices anymore and I had to send her 5 separate invoices to be paid one at a time.  The following week she bought another pony, and again didn't pay for over a week.  I've had to keep sending reminders asking if she'd mind putting payment through so I could post her items.

First she replied she's pay on Wednesday of the following week.  Eventually I think last Friday she did after another reminder.  But she didn't pay for all of them-- she'd just won 3 more, and now says she will pay this coming Friday (it's Sunday today).

I mean, I really don't want her to get pissed off and cancel all the orders.  She's already cancelled one pony she bid on accidentally.  But her order is worth about $75 and it would be pretty dumb to risk losing the sales by offending her. 

Should I keep asking to be paid now, or threaten to open a case??  After all she has eventually paid in the past.  Is there a chance she could change her mind and want a refund after having paid?

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Ebay buyer keeps delaying payment...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 06:06:59 AM »
OK, here's what I'd do. I'd lay out in your auction that payment is due in such-and-such time after auction is won. And when your buyer commits to paying, maybe send her a little reminder ahead of time instead of the day of or days after to let her know payment is due BY this date and you really need her to pay. I wouldn't mention a case at all, just that payment is due or you won't be able to combine shipping or that eBay is hounding you to send out your items. (I've had flaky buyers before and I just tell them when the payment is due, I never mention the case and I give them a little lee-way in case they have other things going on and they just spaced it out). If she doesn't come through or doesn't contact you, open the case. The case gives her still a little more time to pay and will allow you to get your fees back in case she backs out. Don't think of it as a punishment for the buyer, think of it as insurance for the seller.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal