collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need help, quickly please? Update - ponies received - not so good unfortunately.  (Read 7286 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Need help, quickly please?
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2017, 01:04:35 AM »
Definitely be honest with feedback, and mention that only part of the order was sent. I'd also ding stars for both postage and communication - they should have asked first before shipping! They communicated, but not when it was crucial to do so!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2017, 08:26:48 PM »
All the British terms for this kind of behaviour are not really PG.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Definitely be honest with feedback, and mention that only part of the order was sent. I'd also ding stars for both postage and communication - they should have asked first before shipping! They communicated, but not when it was crucial to do so!

Thanks, Stormess :) I'm having a think about how to handle it when the parcel arrives. Got notice today that it's arrived in my country - so not long now before I get to find out what's in there!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2017, 05:57:21 PM »
Well... for anyone interested in an update.

I have left a terse negative on the seller's feedback. I then opened a case after sitting there and thinking on it a moment. I probably should have contacted the seller first. My inexperienced bad  -_-

Unfortunately most of the ponies are in crap condition - hair cuts a plenty and several are damaged beyond repair by way of chew marks (actually splitting the vinyl). I could see a couple of chews in the pics (and I thought all those ponies had been retained by the seller), but there are lots of hair cuts and damage that was not obvious or mentioned in the description, which was along the lines of 'some ponies in better condition than others'. I am especially pissed to find Baby Lucky Leaf's horn missing entirely.

I have opened a case based on item not as described, asking for some form of reimbursement. I feel a bit sick doing it, actually. I hate this sort of thing and dread what response I'll get.

I have never opened a case like this on ebay before. If I am not happy with their response do I just let ebay decide? Who ends up out of pocket if the seller refunds something but not enough? Does ebay fork out the rest?

Sorry for the questions  :blush:  If I can draw from anyone's past experience that would be helpful xx

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
You sound terribly unhappy. eBay usually sides with the buyer. You did the right thing opening the case. Since you are unhappy and the seller handled things so poorly in the first place, I would ask for a full refund and send them back. The seller will be more than likely asked to refund the shipping cost, so just wait for the case to finish and be closed out. I wouldn't budge on this stance if I were you. eBay and a future buyer needs to know the condition is bad and this seller doesn't know what they are doing.

Offline TugaLis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Well... for anyone interested in an update.

I have left a terse negative on the seller's feedback. I then opened a case after sitting there and thinking on it a moment. I probably should have contacted the seller first. My inexperienced bad  -_-

Unfortunately most of the ponies are in crap condition - hair cuts a plenty and several are damaged beyond repair by way of chew marks (actually splitting the vinyl). I could see a couple of chews in the pics (and I thought all those ponies had been retained by the seller), but there are lots of hair cuts and damage that was not obvious or mentioned in the description, which was along the lines of 'some ponies in better condition than others'. I am especially pissed to find Baby Lucky Leaf's horn missing entirely.

I have opened a case based on item not as described, asking for some form of reimbursement. I feel a bit sick doing it, actually. I hate this sort of thing and dread what response I'll get.

I have never opened a case like this on ebay before. If I am not happy with their response do I just let ebay decide? Who ends up out of pocket if the seller refunds something but not enough? Does ebay fork out the rest?

Sorry for the questions  :blush:  If I can draw from anyone's past experience that would be helpful xx

...damn  :sad:
Smile :hamster: there is beauty in simplicity

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
You sound terribly unhappy. eBay usually sides with the buyer. You did the right thing opening the case. Since you are unhappy and the seller handled things so poorly in the first place, I would ask for a full refund and send them back. The seller will be more than likely asked to refund the shipping cost, so just wait for the case to finish and be closed out. I wouldn't budge on this stance if I were you. eBay and a future buyer needs to know the condition is bad and this seller doesn't know what they are doing.

Thank you, Bluerose. You're right, I'm horribly unhappy, but mostly about dragging this out. I never wanted to over complicate this and get things messy but this has just been a disaster from the start.

I don't want to return the items if I can help it - there are some ponies which are salvageable and who I'd like to keep (and just write off the rest) and to boot, I am outside of the US, so returning the lot would be a right pain.  I don't want to have my cake and eat it too, but I think some form of reimbursement would certainly be fair now, given the problems from the onset, and hopefully not too much to ask of the seller.

Just ugh  :cloud:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2017, 07:09:09 PM »
So sorry :/ That sounds like a whole big mess. Yes, if the seller gives a response that you're not happy with, you can escalate the case and Ebay customer service will judge between you. You should also be able to get Ebay to side with you if the seller doesn't refund you. I'm pretty sure that yes, technically Ebay forks out the rest; rather, they freeze the funds that are in the seller's account and take it from them. Of course, Ebay will only do all this if 1) you ask them to step in and 2) they can clearly see that the item was not as described. So take lots of pictures of the damage in case you need to get Ebay to help you! Hopefully the seller will quickly agree to the partial refund you request.

I've never asked for a partial or total refund before, but on the seller's end I've been asked for a partial refund twice. One time was probably a scam as I never heard from the buyer again after I asked for a picture, but the second was my mistake and I refunded the buyer the partial refund they requested (I had *thought* I properly fixed a wobbly-head pony's head back in place but I had used the wrong glue and it loosened in the heat and was a mess when it reached the buyer. Still kick myself about that one.) It was simple for me as a seller to give them a partial refund and should be for your seller, so I'd be suspicious if they drag their feet about refunding you.

(You can read what Ebay writes to sellers in this situation here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item-not-as-described.html ; see especially "Partial Refunds")

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Thank you, Haruna, that was very helpful  :ohyeah:

Guess I will see how this goes. I can't help but feel a bit bad about opening the case; I never wanted to make things difficult. It makes it drag on as much for the seller as it does myself and I am sure they will be sorely annoyed with me. And I feel a bit bad because I think a lot of the fault has come down to the naivety of the seller.

But having said that I feel they need to be responsible for their actions. I know I would own mistakes like this if I made them. I would also like to think I would never put myself in a position as stupid as this in the first place. Sorry - feeling a bit bitter right now  :pout:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
So sorry to hear it didn't work out for you Marlin! Given the previous stuff about, I'd say you were more than warranted to give that negative - no need to feel bad about it! Not getting what you bought is always the absolute pits, especially given you went through so much in order to get what you did end up with. I'd say regarding the case - whatever you decide to do is fine - you're unhappy and you should have the decision to get your money or part of it back if that's what you want for the massive injustice you've been dealt with this lot!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
oh no marlin, I sincerely hope that this is a simple case for you however my only one experience of opening a no as described case was a bloody nightmare, fingers cross the buyer agrees to a partial refund and this isn't dragged out for you. If you are forced to return, the nightmare is only just beginning, returns are not simply from NZ (from the us and europe they are a million times easier). good luck

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Sorry for the late reply, and thanks, Stormess and nhal.

Well... I did hear back from the seller initially. As expected they didn't take too kindly to my message to them.  They sent back three replies, in relatively quick succession... the first being saying that I was expecting a lot from 20yr old toys... that they'll not issue a refund and quote "Children cut toys hair, and dogs chew on toys." Then they tried to tell me again that me receiving 30+ toys was acceptable (which I strongly disagree with - I still maintain I should have received ALL of what was in the pictures). Then they came back again, saying that they've wasted enough time and the most they can offer is $5.

My husband told me to walk away from it. Frankly, the seller just got me pissing steam out my nostrils like an angry bull, and I couldn't. I probably over-reacted but I felt a very injured need to counter their ridiculous arguments. I said that I would accept the $5 refund, but I could not control the part of me that disputed that used condition constituted toys beyond repair (especially when those irreparable bits were hidden in the photos by either being bad side down or {perhaps strategically) covered by hair)

I haven't heard back from the seller (my last reply to them was on 27 March) and I certainly have not received a reimbursement. Maybe they are hoping I will just go away - I bet they certainly didn't appreciate me having a (diplomatic) go at them over the definition of used condition  :blush:. Still... now I am sticking to the principles of the matter and I have just now (3 days after the last comms) asked if they are intending to proceed with the refund.
I am hoping they will do it to get rid of me, but if not, I think I will get ebay to intervene. I don't want to return the items and draw this out further. Right now I just want the bloody pathetic $5. I know I should just leave it, but then they unjustly win, don't they?

Ebay says that you can ask them to step in by going to your purchase history. However, I can't see anything that would be a click away in order to do this if required? Can anyone clue me in, please?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:21:20 PM by Marlin »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Ugh :(    :mad:  that seller is an absolute nightmare and completely deserving of both the negative feedback and the case  . You already opened the case..is that correct?    :what:   (- sorries I've read through and my brain is deaded today  ( :redface: )
if that's so then go to the case on ebay and escalate it. I think at this point settling for $5 lets that person win, but it doesn't seem like they are even going to give you the $5.  Seeing the persons responses  and what they did in the first place by only sending part of what you won , asking for extra money to ship the rest, sending you bad condition  not as described items, trying to justify themselves, and then not even doing the partial refund they said they would...well.. that's not going to go down well with ebay either. This seller messed up on so many levels ebay may actually pay the costs to return the lot.  I wouldn't let the seller get away with what they've done TBH even if it is a pain to sort it

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
Sorry for the late reply, and thanks, Stormess and nhal.

Well... I did hear back from the seller initially. As expected they didn't take too kindly to my message to them.  They sent back three replies, in relatively quick succession... the first being saying that I was expecting a lot from 20yr old toys... that they'll not issue a refund and quote "Children cut toys hair, and dogs chew on toys." Then they tried to tell me again that me receiving 30+ toys was acceptable (which I strongly disagree with - I still maintain I should have received ALL of what was in the pictures). Then they came back again, saying that they've wasted enough time and the most they can offer is $5.

My husband told me to walk away from it. Frankly, the seller just got me pissing steam out my nostrils like an angry bull, and I couldn't. I probably over-reacted but I felt a very injured need to counter their ridiculous arguments. I said that I would accept the $5 refund, but I could not control the part of me that disputed that used condition constituted toys beyond repair (especially when those irreparable bits were hidden in the photos by either being bad side down or {perhaps strategically) covered by hair)

I haven't heard back from the seller (my last reply to them was on 27 March) and I certainly have not received a reimbursement. Maybe they are hoping I will just go away - I bet they certainly didn't appreciate me having a (diplomatic) go at them over the definition of used condition  :blush:. Still... now I am sticking to the principles of the matter and I have just now (3 days after the last comms) asked if they are intending to proceed with the refund.
I am hoping they will do it to get rid of me, but if not, I think I will get ebay to intervene. I don't want to return the items and draw this out further. Right now I just want the bloody pathetic $5. I know I should just leave it, but then they unjustly win, don't they?

Ebay says that you can ask them to step in by going to your purchase history. However, I can't see anything that would be a click away in order to do this if required? Can anyone clue me in, please?

I am so sorry to hear that the ponies you ended up getting were in poor condition... but even more so that you are dealing with this kind of behavior from the seller. This whole situation is just a nightmare. This seller is being unbelievably unprofessional, petty and immature. They really have no business selling if they are going to behave this way. The argument that "Children cut toys hair, and dogs chew on toys" just blows me away. Maybe they do but you need to disclose these kinds of things clearly in your listing! Especially the chew marks/missing body parts... For me that goes above and beyond just being "used" or played with.

As for asking eBay to step in, if enough time has passed there should be an option to ask eBay to review the case/step in on the case page itself. I had to do this last month when a seller never shipped a purchase I made and stopped communicating. I double checked my e-mails and they made me wait 6 days before they would step in. Not sure if the timeline is different since that was an INR and yours is not as described. For some reason, I can't seem to find the exact info for this on eBay's site. If you saved the e-mail eBay sends when you first open the case there should be a date listed in the e-mail telling you when they'll intervene.

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
I may have missed it, and sorry if I did, but can you post their ebay name? This is someone I want to avoid.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Hey Ringlets and flying_narwhal, thank you for your replies and support  :hug:

Well.... I have an update!!! I got my refund!!!!!   :frolic: :frolic: :frolic:  I think they just wanted to get rid of me. The feeling was completely mutual.

I think at this point settling for $5 lets that person win .... I wouldn't let the seller get away with what they've done TBH even if it is a pain to sort it

I know  -_-  I totally hear you and can appreciate that  :ohyeah:  To be honest, what I paid for the lot was not a lot to begin with (it was a pretty attractive buy now - but little did I know how it would unfold, of course...) so taking the seller up on the miserable $5 was a way at least of getting them to do something and be the end of it.

More than anything, I just really did not want to let this arrogant ass of a seller (my goodness do I want to use some stronger words here) get away with their actions. If I hadn't come back at them, they would have. If they hadn't followed through with the paltry refund (which I agree, is a bit of another slap in the face but it was something), they would have got away with it.  It may have been a small win - but it was a win, without going through the trouble of a return or having to correspond with them further.

This whole situation is just a nightmare. This seller is being unbelievably unprofessional, petty and immature. They really have no business selling if they are going to behave this way. The argument that "Children cut toys hair, and dogs chew on toys" just blows me away. Maybe they do but you need to disclose these kinds of things clearly in your listing! Especially the chew marks/missing body parts... For me that goes above and beyond just being "used" or played with.

I know, right!? I had a lot to say to them about missing body parts and irreparable chews being acceptable  :mad:  This seller was SUCH a jerk. Luckily I don't think they are a regular seller of ponies, so I feel the community here is relatively safe!!

I know some of you might be shaking your heads at me - either for blowing things out of proportion with the seller or for bowing to the ridiculous $5 refund, but I am just soooooo glad this is finally over  :whew:   And now I can clean up those poor little salvageable ponies... ridding them of the filth that came with their situation and seller.

I want to sincerely thank everyone who replied for your advice, thoughts and support. It really meant a lot to know that I wasn't the only one who felt like I was being done over here. So thank you, very much.

:grouphug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal