collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need help, quickly please? Update - ponies received - not so good unfortunately.  (Read 7294 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Need help, quickly please?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 09:11:14 PM »
If you don't get what you're expecting, instead of just opening up a case, I would call eBay, let them know what's going on and ask for their advice on the matter. They may open the case for you or they may help you in other ways, by putting a warning on the seller's account or something until this has been resolved. But, as others have mentioned, it is up to the seller to have the proper postage worked out. That is why eBay encourages sellers to offer free shipping and they won't take kindly to a seller asking a buyer for added shipping cost.

I recently bought a lot of ponies, and upon their arrival, noticed that the shipping label amount was more than I paid. The seller hadn't contacted me and demanded more money. They had paid the extra and shipped it all like eBay expected them to.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:12:48 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 01:37:06 AM »
I'm late to this one but I sold a bundle of (none pony related) things on ebay recently and it turns out I had underestimated the postage.  I certainly did not message the buyer asking for more money, I simply posted out what was agreed and suffered the loss - it was my mistake so why should it become the buyers problem.

I hope you get this sorted out satisfactorily  :) 

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 07:01:55 PM »
Thanks, both, and thank you for the advice, Bluerose9978. Will certainly take that into consideration that if I haven't received what's expected.

I agree with you all - if you undercharge the shipping, suck it up. I've even had to do that once or twice - it's never been more than a couple of dollars in my case, but I'm not about to ask my buyers to fix me up - it was my bad for stating the wrong sized parcel bag in each case. And even though you're not supposed to send $$ through the post where I live, I have even included refunds with the parcel if I have been able to ship for less. I just think it is fair and kind business practice. No one likes being overcharged, and I hate being grossly taken advantage of in such an instance. Such circumstances really soured a couple of deals here on the arena for me for example, and those members won't get my business again. My fault I suppose for not confronting them about it. It's so hard to do, and that's why they get away with it, I suppose.

Having said that, I have in the past topped up buyers from the arena if I have received a parcel that was shipped for several dollars more than I was charged, without being asked. If they were great to deal with then it's just a nice thing to do rather than have them lose out. But the circumstances with this ebay sham... ergh. I wonder now whether it was terrible naivety, perhaps desperation on the seller's part sending only a portion of what I purchased the way they did. If everything I have been presented with is true, then they must have given some thought at least to what was excluded from the package (the poor condition/fake ponies) but it still doesn't excuse the situation. I am hoping everything works out ok and will be very glad to put it all behind me!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 10:33:55 AM »
I've undercharged on shipping before without realizing it . . . I sucked it up and sent at a loss.  It's the seller's responsibility.

In this case, I understand your desire to make sure you get all your ponies, especially valuable Lemon Treats, before acting.

If necessary, you could pay the extra for shipping and then retroactively (after you've received ALL your ponies) open a case against them?  I think eBay would still side with you??  And then you could get your money refunded, and you'd have all the ponies.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 01:27:04 PM »
If necessary, you could pay the extra for shipping and then retroactively (after you've received ALL your ponies) open a case against them?  I think eBay would still side with you??  And then you could get your money refunded, and you'd have all the ponies.

Thanks for the suggestion, LadyMoondancer.

Even though what the seller did sucks big time, I don't think I could morally do that! Not only is opening a case messy, but then the seller would be losing out if they have indeed sent me everything bar the 5 poor condition G1's and fakies that were in the photograph they showed me (I'm going on pure faith at the moment), which I said (in a message to them) that they could keep.

I did that to avoid complicating things for the interim. On my end, provided I do receive everything else that was in the auction, I will still be getting a pretty good deal. Opening a case (either after receiving {what I believe at this stage 'has' been sent}, or if I went through with requesting the leftovers being sent and doing it then) would be going back on my word and (hoping this doesn't cause offence) not a very nice thing for me to do  :huh:

Rest assured, if what I receive is not what is expected, then absolutely I will take it further and I don't think I will have any scruples in that event!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 01:31:26 PM »
Still, if you do receive what the seller said you will, they still should reimburse you for what they didn't send even though you allowed them to keep them without throwing a fit. It's their mistake and you should not be the one to be on the short end of it.

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 01:33:32 PM »
True! I didn't even think about that!  :blink:  Caught up in the mild panic of it all!

Offline TugaLis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 01:57:38 PM »
Honestly I have had the wrong shipping quote on eBay and private sales both and in all circumstances I ate the loss. It sucks, but we are adults and need to take responsibility for our mistakes.  It borders on a postage scam to hold part of the lot hostage and demand additional payment.

You are kinder than I am. I would of replied and simply said I expect the lot as promised in the auction and which I paid for in full already. I'd request proof of shipment within 5 days of the auction ending and let them know I will file a claim if I have no proof of shipping by that time. Period.

It sounds like you are dealing with a very immature person here.

I'm with Kasin, 100%

Post Merge: March 13, 2017, 02:02:51 PM

Thank you so much for your replies, everyone. I really appreciate it!

No bad history in the ebay feedback, Artemesia Floc, which hopefully suggests that this isn't an ongoing scam?

Well.... I do have some good news - I just got a photo of the ponies that didn't make it into the parcel. Thankfully there is only one that I would have wanted for my collection which is not terribly rare or hard to get hold of. The seller at least seems to have had the sense to not send the two large fakies and the ponies in bad condition (a browned Cherry Treats, a SH Sister with foot chewed off). These ponies were the only ones that appeared in bad condition in the lot... so I am very grateful for that!!

So now... provided that they have truly sent the others (and I have seen a receipt for the amount specified), I am tempted to not aggravate the situation and just not worry about the five (average/damaged condition) G1s or even opening a case. I could take things further if open opening my parcel I find something different.

What do you think?

You know what? I think I would just settle... tell them ty for the business *and the trouble* and close the thing friendly- like. Wtv, if its a pony you can find quite easily it okei imho. Prbb got already a good deal w the other ponies...  :biggrin: So If i were you i wouldnt mess w them no longer just for those. Just my 2 cents  ^.^

Post Merge: March 13, 2017, 02:15:11 PM

And please UPDATE USSSS whenever there are news  :whoa:
We are all suffering with you  :hug:*at least I am.. imagining myself on your shoes*

**oh and sry for all my posts..I was reading allong and got excited :blush:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 02:15:11 PM by TugaLis »
Smile :hamster: there is beauty in simplicity

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 01:38:46 PM »

Post Merge: March 13, 2017, 02:15:11 PM

And please UPDATE USSSS whenever there are news  :whoa:
We are all suffering with you  :hug:*at least I am.. imagining myself on your shoes*

**oh and sry for all my posts..I was reading allong and got excited :blush:

Lol - thanks, Tugalis :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 05:35:13 AM »
:whoa:  so the seller only sent part of what you won and in a message mentioned that if you want the rest then you'll have to pay extra?¬!?!? that's a big massive no no!  :(
I hope that the ponies you do receive are really the ones you want and aren't messed up by being squashed in a box either :hug:
 I think even if you let this go (providing everything is in there that should be and only the damaged ponies  and fakies are missing), you need to leave some honest feedback.  And by that I mean mentioning what happened in there and not giving them a positive or at least dinging stars and mentioning not getting all of your ponies. depending on how this ends up the feedback would even possibly be a neutral IMO, because what if this happens again to someone else ?    Your seller messed up. They should not have only sent part of what you won, they shouldn't be asking you for more money to ship the rest, and if they got the shipping costs wrong  (as lots of us  have done in the past)  they should suck it up and learn from the experience.  You shouldn't be paying for their mistakes, and ebay would side with you if it does come down to a case  :awake: 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2017, 01:06:52 PM »
:whoa:  so the seller only sent part of what you won and in a message mentioned that if you want the rest then you'll have to pay extra?¬!?!?

I know, right!  :blink: 

Thank you very much for the support and advice, Ringlets. Seller has left me positive feedback so far but I am still waiting on my parcel (it's in transit to my country now - a GSP type thing). Normally I tell my sellers it's going international but in this case I am gonna just wait for it to arrive before entering into any further dialogue with them  :pout:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 03:27:04 PM »
Regardless of ponies received or not, I would still leave honest feedback like Ringlets said.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2017, 04:12:44 PM »
:whoa:  so the seller only sent part of what you won and in a message mentioned that if you want the rest then you'll have to pay extra?¬!?!?

I know, right!  :blink: 

Thank you very much for the support and advice, Ringlets. Seller has left me positive feedback so far but I am still waiting on my parcel (it's in transit to my country now - a GSP type thing). Normally I tell my sellers it's going international but in this case I am gonna just wait for it to arrive before entering into any further dialogue with them  :pout:

The seller can't leave you anything but positive feedback, so I wouldn't let that be a determining factor for what type of feedback you leave them. They should have contacted you before they sent the ponies to let you know they were wanting to send only part of the order. And then you could have suggested which ones to include and asked for a partial refund for the ones they weren't sending. This is a poor seller and others need to be warned. I still think you need to ask for a partial refund.

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 12:21:36 PM »
Regardless of ponies received or not, I would still leave honest feedback like Ringlets said.

The seller can't leave you anything but positive feedback, so I wouldn't let that be a determining factor for what type of feedback you leave them. They should have contacted you before they sent the ponies to let you know they were wanting to send only part of the order. And then you could have suggested which ones to include and asked for a partial refund for the ones they weren't sending. This is a poor seller and others need to be warned. I still think you need to ask for a partial refund.

Thank you, both.  Yeah - I certainly would have appreciated the choice in who got left behind, but of course the whole situation should never have happened in the first place. When I asked why on earth they sent the parcel when they couldn't send everything they answered 'because they were at the post office'! So frustrating!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 12:31:10 PM »
'because they were at the post office'

For goodness sake! On the plus side at least for other people, it sounds as though they aren't a regular seller.  I can't wait to hear what you write in your feeback for them. All the British terms for this kind of behaviour are not really PG.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal