TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Need help, quickly please? Update - ponies received - not so good unfortunately.

(1/11) > >>

Marlin:
*** I have posted an update further down ***

Um.... WTH?

I bought a lot on ebay
Buy now so paid immediately
Nearly three days later get a notice from ebay item is despatched
This is followed immediately by this message from the seller:

"Ebay has largely underestimated the sipping expenses. I've shipped as much as I could fit in the medium size box for $13.60. If you would like the rest (its only about another 6 ponies (the larger ones) I can offer to send them to you for the price of the rest of the shipping, probably the same size box $13.60. My apologies but I don't ebay sell very often and I trusted ebay to give an accurate shipping estimate but I couldn't spend an additional $12 out of pocket to ship something I am trying to get rid of."

Ummm.... what would you do/how would you respond?

Loa:
I concur, WTH.

It was the sellers responsibility to ensure she had correct shipping listed. She's breaching a few standards there!

KC8114:
Agree...It's their responsibility...I'm sorry you are going through this!

Marlin:
I want to try and get on top of this quickly  :(  I don't want to open up a case straight away without communicating with them first (but that it totally what I intend on doing if they don't fix this - because I agree with you guys - I don't see how this is my problem??)

I have messaged the seller back the following... and hope to use any reply (or lack of) I get as evidence in the event I need to open a case. I suspect opening a case might the only way I get my remaining ponies or stand a chance of getting a reimbursement  :(

"Hello,
To be honest I am rather taken aback by this. May I ask why you didn't contact me about this issue before despatching only part of my purchase?
I suspect the request you have made may be in violation of ebay's policies. I can understand your frustration if ebay has underestimated you but if this is the case then perhaps they should be responsible for reimbursing you?
I would like to kindly request a picture of the remaining ponies, please, and a picture of your postal receipt before proceeding further.
Kind regards,
****"

I hope it doesn't sound too blunt.. I know one should probably sit on amped up emails before firing them off....

flying_narwhal:
Whether or not they sell on eBay often, it is THEIR responsibility as a seller to make sure that they input correct shipping info ahead of time. I know at times the eBay shipping calculator can be wonky and there are instances where it can underestimate shipping. But it may also be the case that they did not input the correct information ahead of time (such as the weight and dimensions of the package) or assumed all of the items would fit in a medium flat rate box and when they actually packaged the items that was not the case. Whatever the case, I'm pretty sure it is against eBay's rules to ask for additional postage after the item has sold/been paid for. You agreed to a certain price when you bid and that is what you should pay. Holding the other ponies until you pay additional shipping charges is just not a good business practice. As a seller, when the eBay calculator has underestimated costs in the past I eat the loss- it's my problem, not the buyer's.

I think your response to seller was perfectly worded.

If you cannot work something out with the seller, I would open an "Item Not Described" case when the package arrives if you would rather just get a refund and send the items back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version