collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need help, quickly please? Update - ponies received - not so good unfortunately.  (Read 7289 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
*** I have posted an update further down ***

Um.... WTH?

I bought a lot on ebay
Buy now so paid immediately
Nearly three days later get a notice from ebay item is despatched
This is followed immediately by this message from the seller:

"Ebay has largely underestimated the sipping expenses. I've shipped as much as I could fit in the medium size box for $13.60. If you would like the rest (its only about another 6 ponies (the larger ones) I can offer to send them to you for the price of the rest of the shipping, probably the same size box $13.60. My apologies but I don't ebay sell very often and I trusted ebay to give an accurate shipping estimate but I couldn't spend an additional $12 out of pocket to ship something I am trying to get rid of."

Ummm.... what would you do/how would you respond?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:58:53 PM by Marlin »

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Need help, quickly please?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 11:56:45 AM »
I concur, WTH.

It was the sellers responsibility to ensure she had correct shipping listed. She's breaching a few standards there!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 12:03:53 PM »
Agree...It's their responsibility...I'm sorry you are going through this!
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 12:05:20 PM »
I want to try and get on top of this quickly  :(  I don't want to open up a case straight away without communicating with them first (but that it totally what I intend on doing if they don't fix this - because I agree with you guys - I don't see how this is my problem??)

I have messaged the seller back the following... and hope to use any reply (or lack of) I get as evidence in the event I need to open a case. I suspect opening a case might the only way I get my remaining ponies or stand a chance of getting a reimbursement  :(

"Hello,
To be honest I am rather taken aback by this. May I ask why you didn't contact me about this issue before despatching only part of my purchase?
I suspect the request you have made may be in violation of ebay's policies. I can understand your frustration if ebay has underestimated you but if this is the case then perhaps they should be responsible for reimbursing you?
I would like to kindly request a picture of the remaining ponies, please, and a picture of your postal receipt before proceeding further.
Kind regards,
****"

I hope it doesn't sound too blunt.. I know one should probably sit on amped up emails before firing them off....

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 12:14:29 PM »
Whether or not they sell on eBay often, it is THEIR responsibility as a seller to make sure that they input correct shipping info ahead of time. I know at times the eBay shipping calculator can be wonky and there are instances where it can underestimate shipping. But it may also be the case that they did not input the correct information ahead of time (such as the weight and dimensions of the package) or assumed all of the items would fit in a medium flat rate box and when they actually packaged the items that was not the case. Whatever the case, I'm pretty sure it is against eBay's rules to ask for additional postage after the item has sold/been paid for. You agreed to a certain price when you bid and that is what you should pay. Holding the other ponies until you pay additional shipping charges is just not a good business practice. As a seller, when the eBay calculator has underestimated costs in the past I eat the loss- it's my problem, not the buyer's.

I think your response to seller was perfectly worded.

If you cannot work something out with the seller, I would open an "Item Not Described" case when the package arrives if you would rather just get a refund and send the items back.

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 12:55:29 PM »
Thanks very much, flying_narwhal, for your support  :hug:

If I can avoid it I don't want to return any of the ponies - to be honest there are some winners in this lot and I'd really like to receive the lot in its entirety. If this all turns to custard and I never get the 'not sent' ponies I may just have to write them off and try and get reimbursed as I do not see myself in the wrong here.

The seller has so far sent the receipt through but no pic of the ponies yet. I can tell they are getting pissy now as well - I don't think they appreciated my saying that their request was in breach of ebay's policies (I knew I was playing with fire with that one but it needed to be said) because they're quoting it back to me know. They had the gall to say this to me:

"To be fair, the auction said 30+ assorted and i sent you 32 plus the key sized ones. I assume this doesn t violate anything via ebays policies."

Alongside the photos of the "30+ ponies" (and the auction title being "My Little Pony bulk lot 30+ ponies") the description in the auction says simply, word for word, this: 39 ponies, 1 big pony, a few tiny ponies. used condition (some in better condition than others), assorted.

Shooting yourself in the foot, much?  This simply angers me. I am paying the seller for what they photographed and described (39 ponies) and the quoted postage, and they have NOT provided it!

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 01:02:06 PM »
Contact Ebay NOW. She is being cheeky.
I think at the end of it, she may end up charging you for the rest, because I BET she's 'mysteriously' kept the rare and expensive ones out.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 01:15:21 PM »
Contact Ebay NOW. She is being cheeky.
I think at the end of it, she may end up charging you for the rest, because I BET she's 'mysteriously' kept the rare and expensive ones out.

I know! I really want to! But I am hesitant to aggravate the situation until I see what they omitted to send :(  And yeah... what you suggested crossed my mind too :( :(  But... a lot of the smaller ponies (there's a bunch of wingers in there) have been sent, so I'm not sure if they do know the value of what was there. Who knows. But I will say this... I will be super pissed if Lemon Treats didn't make the cut.

That's why I want to see the remaining ponies. If I can live without them I might just leave the whole darn thing. But if the seller has not sent some of the key ones I was after then, well.... BRING IT. I won't let them get away with this.

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 01:16:02 PM »
Honestly I have had the wrong shipping quote on eBay and private sales both and in all circumstances I ate the loss. It sucks, but we are adults and need to take responsibility for our mistakes.  It borders on a postage scam to hold part of the lot hostage and demand additional payment.

You are kinder than I am. I would of replied and simply said I expect the lot as promised in the auction and which I paid for in full already. I'd request proof of shipment within 5 days of the auction ending and let them know I will file a claim if I have no proof of shipping by that time. Period.

It sounds like you are dealing with a very immature person here.

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 01:27:05 PM »
This is so wrong on so many levels, I cannot even. What a mess to deal with and to worry about!  :shocked:

I believe, contacting ebay as soon as possible is your best option, even if you and ebay customer service end up agreeing to wait for the seller's response/the parcel to arrive. At least, ebay has been made aware of the situation.

I've shipped as much as I could fit in the medium size box for $13.60.

Goodness, I hope she hasn't caused any damage by packaging the ponies too tightly (I fear for the Wingers in there).  :(

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!  :hug:

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 02:21:04 PM »
Yes you could just open a case, get a refund and return the whole lot. I kinow it will be disappointing but that way you at least get a full refund. If she has kept the rarer/more valuable ones I would think seriously about leaving a neg! It could be an ongoing scam. Is there any mention if similar issues in the feedback?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:22:58 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 02:46:28 PM »
Thank you so much for your replies, everyone. I really appreciate it!

No bad history in the ebay feedback, Artemesia Floc, which hopefully suggests that this isn't an ongoing scam?

Well.... I do have some good news - I just got a photo of the ponies that didn't make it into the parcel. Thankfully there is only one that I would have wanted for my collection which is not terribly rare or hard to get hold of. The seller at least seems to have had the sense to not send the two large fakies and the ponies in bad condition (a browned Cherry Treats, a SH Sister with foot chewed off). These ponies were the only ones that appeared in bad condition in the lot... so I am very grateful for that!!

So now... provided that they have truly sent the others (and I have seen a receipt for the amount specified), I am tempted to not aggravate the situation and just not worry about the five (average/damaged condition) G1s or even opening a case. I could take things further if open opening my parcel I find something different.

What do you think?

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 02:51:43 PM »
I think if you paid for 39 ponies you're entitled to those 39 ponies and the seller has a lot of nerve to say anything to the contrary. What she's doing is theft. She's withholding something she agreed to sell, for which you've paid the agreed upon price.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 03:58:14 PM »

So now... provided that they have truly sent the others (and I have seen a receipt for the amount specified), I am tempted to not aggravate the situation and just not worry about the five (average/damaged condition) G1s or even opening a case. I could take things further if open opening my parcel I find something different.

What do you think?

Definitely wait and see what you actually receive, then decide. If you decide to keep the partial lot then maybe leave a neg anyway to warn other buyers.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 04:56:06 PM »
Thank you both. I can totally see (and feel!) where you are coming from northstar3184, but I given that what wasn't sent is really (and thankfully) just rubbish that I won't miss, I feel it will be much easier and less stressful to just write them off. I know the principle of the matter is there, but so long as I everything else that was apparently 'sent', might be best to leave it at that!

I have to admit - if the items in the photo are true and the rest is received intact, I will breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Not wanting to drag this out, I emailed the seller back this:

"Thank you for sending the photo of the ponies, I really appreciate it.
Given that it fortunately seems that all the ponies I was keen about have been sent (thank you), I think it might be easiest on both of us if I simply leave you to keep those remaining/unsent ponies (in the photo) to do with as you wish.
I am grateful for your time and co-operation in sending the pictures of the receipt and the ponies. I know that ebay underestimating the shipping would have been an aggravating situation for you as a seller, but equally I hope you can understand my concerns in that I purchased what was photographed and described in your auction, paying the shipping stated, and do not feel that I should have been made to feel responsible for any additional shipping cost (in the event) of being forwarded the unsent ponies. With all due respect, the underestimated shipping was not my error.
Provided that I receive all the other items that were shown in the auction, I hope that my receiving them and that you holding onto the un-sent items in the photo (of whose fate is now at your discretion) is a happy (and less stressful! :) ) resolve for each of us.
Thank you again, and kind regards,
****"

If I do not get what I am expecting, I will certainly take this further.

UGH! I hate this sort of thing!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal