collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Handling Times - Etiquette?  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Handling Times - Etiquette?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 11:53:19 AM »
Thank you Taxel, bluerose and banditpony for encouraging me to be more honest with buyer's feedback! I will definitely keep it in mind for the future, and I will dinge stars for shipping.  :hug: I don't buy often on ebay, but there are things I cannot get anywhere else (such as the 1980s china that my parents collect or the notebook adapter that I'm currently looking for and that Apple stopped selling years ago ...)

For the future, maybe when you pay, you could leave a message in the details page requesting the person to contact you when they ship the item? EBay does monitor back and forth communication between buyer and seller in case there is an issue, that way you are justified in leaving poor feedback if they don't communicate their shipping times to you.

I always do that. I always ask for a date and a tracking number, because some sellers don't update the item status on ebay at all. Sadly, it hasn't been helping, in fact, I have not received a single notification from a seller so far. I don't know whether they don't read their messages or simply cannot be bothered to notify me. :(

I've had this happen a few times in the U.S., actually, where they have printed out their labels right away but haven't shipped out the item for weeks.

This exactly.

Hermes hasn't a reliable tracking. The last three packages I sent with Hermes arrived before the tracking status was even updated. The status was still "information delivered" and nothing more.

I have never had this happen before. Tracking has always been 100% accurate and on time with Hermes, and the carrier has always arrived exactly within the time frame (usually two hours) announced. Like I've said before, the problem does not lie with the carrier.

Most people work, have children, animals... I try to be understanding most of the time. It is annoying, of course, especially if you want an item really really much and as fast as possible, but I guess every seller has been in a situation now and then when quick shipping just isn't possible, may it be because of sickness, work or something else... so I try not to judge.

I knew this comment would come sooner or later. I am neither without understanding nor unduly impatient. Due to health reasons I need to plan my orders from online retailers or purchases from online sellers very carefully. I need to know exactly on which day they will arrive. So if a seller states that they will ship within 1 business day or within 3 business days, and fails to do so, things get complicated for me. If a seller states they ship once a week, I'm just as fine with that, but I need to know before I place an order / buy something. By specifying handling times or giving an estimated delivery date, sellers commit themselves and should be required to communicate with me to let me know when things change.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:04:14 PM by Libelle »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 12:08:22 PM »
If you need to know before, then maybe if the seller doesn't state anything in the auction, asking before buying might help. It could also be helpful to tell the sellers that you need to know the exact shipping date. I don't think most sellers are aware of something like that.
If a certain handling time is stated and not fulfilled, especially after communicating with the seller, I'd have no problem with giving less stars for shipping time.
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 12:44:43 PM »
If you need to know before, then maybe if the seller doesn't state anything in the auction, asking before buying might help. It could also be helpful to tell the sellers that you need to know the exact shipping date.

Like I said to bluerose above, I'm already doing all of this (or, rather, I have been doing that [only] for the past few months since the health issues arose).

Ebay requires sellers to specify handling times/estimated delivery dates. Hence, there is no case of "if the seller doesn't state anything in the auction". Once an auction goes live, sellers are committing themselves and should be required to communicate if anything changes. I've been in the position of having to manage work and family and sales for years, but I've never left a buyer in the loop. Yes, I am super [if not overly] organised and conscientious, and I realise many people are different, but, I believe, there is a minimum amount of courtesy involved in business transactions.

I feel completely powerless and frustrated with ebay purchases atm. It's so sad, because ever since shipping costs have escalated in many parts of the world and the Global Shipping Programme has become an additional hazard, ebay Germany has really been the last resort for me to find certain things. Still, I will have to avoid ebay for the time being. There's only that notebook adapter I need to buy before I do so ...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:49:13 PM by Libelle »

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 02:43:55 PM »
Unless sellers otherwise state in their listings that they only ship certain days, or an unexpected situation arises of which they notify you, your items should be shipped within a few days at the latest.

I had one ebay seller I bought from who kept saying he'd ship my item. After a week and a half of getting jerked around, I just had enough and opened a case against him and said I wanted a refund. He finally shipped my item after that. Sometimes that's what it takes unfortunately.

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 12:25:58 AM »
I guess most private ebay sellers are not aware of the fact that the estimated delivery date could be so extremely important for a buyer.
Avoiding private sellers might be the only option then.

And please remember: I am just sharing my two cents...   :unsure:
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 08:32:21 AM »
Once you represent yourself as an online store, which is what Ebay enables a seller to do, you have to think of yourself as a business. Shipping times are very important!

Because of our postal system's laziness dealing with parcels, I have to deal with ordering stuff online much like Libelle - I need to know which carrier, I need the tracking, I need to know which dispatch system I need to call, so the driver doesn't pretend to deliver and return to the depot... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 05:30:34 AM »
Just adding my two cents here...

I see that youre frustrated and I understand it (more than you might think, but I dont want to talk about this in public.) Im very sorry to hear that youre dealing with this as its just annoying as heck!

Please though lets not forget that we dont always know what other people are having their own issues with. Sure, some sellers might be just too lazy to ship in time but I guess many just have a very stressful life themselves, maybe loaded with illness too (to their own body or to those they love). Everybody fights their own demons we know nothing about. We just have to remember that selling their own goods is not making people professionals on it. Talking about private sellers here, just wanted to add that.

I have one though about paying with paypal too.
Lets say, its a seller that is out of or very lows on money and they just want to raise their low funds with selling stuff to buy food or otherwise needed family supplies. Getting / accepting money including money for shipping to the paypal account is not putting you money into your pocket right now. Paypal is sometimes taking ridicolously long to send money to your bank account (longest I had was more than one week). So lets now think the seller had to wait for this payment to have the money for shipping.

I now hope this will resolve for you soon! Maybe you could switch from eBay to Amazon Prime instead? I did and Im really happy withit because their delivery times are really accurate and it has relieved me 100000 times. As I said, Im dealing with certain problems too and I badly need exact shipping times too to be ok with it then. Using Amazon instead of eBay was a good step to the right direction for me to release me from stress. I once in a while still use ebay or trade with private persons on here but since I stepped back a little and "killed" the main problem with switching to Amazon Prime I can deal with it waaaaaay better :) Just my two cents, maybe its worth a try.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal