collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are There Any Non G1 Nirvana??  (Read 4336 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Are There Any Non G1 Nirvana??
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 12:25:10 PM »

There are numerous sources detailing and defining HK/China Euro exclusives. It is very clear that something like mountain boys or night light were never avalable in North America. Nothing like this exists for North American exclusives. Even something like Wiki it's not clear if a pony was exclusive and I know of no difinitave list. So... should there be such a list? Not trying to be a troll, just tossing ideas out there.
Ironically I think my site may be the only site which actually does tackle those things, because I list on every pony/set whether it was sold globally, in the UK, Europe, US/Canada and if I know, for other places in the world as well. I don't know definitively with the Australian issue or some other places like South Africa and Europe is a constantly changing picture because they're not identical markets. So the information is on my page. But my page is a site born from the concept of UK pony history and then branched outwards, so I don't think it's the first place US collectors think to go to look to find out their exclusives ;)

I think it's also not as simple as some folk realise to differentiate. Some of the best known 'US' ponies, like Mimic, were sold not in the UK or much of Europe but were definitely in Italy. Munchy and Yum Yum weren't in the UK either, but were definitely in the Netherlands. I've been told categorically by a Dutch collector that pearly baby sea ponies weren't sold there, but I have two US ones mint on Dutch cards which neither she nor I can explain at present. And so on it goes. Pony packaging and stuff like that is my Nirvana, so I'm all interested in this stuff, but I can imagine anyone else running an ID site looking at the mess and going...nah. It's rather like Pandora's Box.

I don't think it was a case you struck a nerve, I just think that PKW was answering a different issue, which was about the definition of Nirvana and how it came to be.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 02:25:45 PM »
You know I never would think to check your site for that purpose Taffeta.  Its a good idea however and i might for future refferance.

I get how it came to be this way. I get how complicated it becomes even with Euro exclusives, (Australia is so unique and complicated it deserves it's own topic) I suppose I'm argueing a technicality. Is it inconsistent to list Euro HK/China in the gallery (regardless of labeling) but not North American exclusives?

Im not as invested in this argument as I might sound, I'm just one of those people that sorts my M&Ms by color before eating them and the HK/China exclusives and newer generation inclusion looks out of place to me.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 06:56:00 AM »
There was one wave of G4 Fashion Styles that were manufactured in India, does that count as Nirvana since they were seemingly only released in Australia?

They were the Rainbow Dash and Rarity in their gala dresses. I have pictures of the ponies but not of their hoof markings, but they definitely said India.

I have a G4 playskool plush (purple pegasus baby with star symbol..forget her name) who's also made in India :)

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 11:41:07 AM »
this would be just my own personal definition and position but along the lines of prototypes would be that G3 breast cancer awareness pony MIB = sucha bummer that these were not made for that cause

otherwise I think strawberry reef put those G3 that were fair exclusives down as just that... so just like euro/UK releases and now I guess with G4 we have examples like that prototype minty and that rarity/celestia hybrid...

so I guess I would say my collection of "nirvana" include the hard-to-find and so is a multi-generational herd by my using a broader definition

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal