Pony Talk > MLP Nirvana

Are There Any Non G1 Nirvana??

(1/4) > >>

kasin:
I know very little about other Generations, are there any non G1 Nirvanas?

Are there any exclusive non G1 ponies that were not avalable in North America OR Europe? (not fast food toys, but proper ponies sold on store shelves)

kitkatvintage:
I think one of the qualifications to classify a pony as a "Nirvana" was that it had to be G1.

As far as non-US/Euro ponies from other generations, I think there were some G3 ponies made & sold in Mexico, Brazil, and/or some other limited South American markets. Most G2's had a wide release throughout Europe, but I think there were a small number of variations that had smaller country-specific releases.

I primarily collect G1's so hopefully someone more knowledgeable about newer generations can give a better answer. :bigups:

pinkkittywinks:
KKV is correct, the term "nirvana" only applies to G1 ponies.

There are however G2, G3 and G4 prototypes :)

KKV mentioned the G3's that sold in South America and Mexico. I think these were made in China, so they'd be an exclusive pony.

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G3_Exclusive_Ponies

Love pkw xxx

kasin:
Is the term nirvana exclusively G1 only because there are no non HK/China productions in later generations? What would we even call a non G1 produced outside HK/China?

pinkkittywinks:
The term nirvana was defined a long time ago by then moderator JLM, when the MLParena was first founded.

The term nirvana covers first generation ponies that were made in foreign countries (not Hong Kong and China), along with rare variations and prototypes from Hong Kong/China.

The term was introduced before we fully understood the release patterns of some ponies. This is why ponies such as Nightlight are considered nirvana and yet have a China hoof stamp. They were put under the nirvana umbrella before it was understood they were a regional release, rather than being made in Germany.

I am trying to recall what nirvana ponies were once called by folks in the UK mailing group. I remember Taffeta and Reaper Fox had a way of describing them instead of the using term nirvana, but it escapes me at the moment :blush:

If there wasn't the term nirvana, such ponies could be simply known as "ponies not made in HK or China" or simply by the country they were made in :)

Love pkw xxx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version