collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 464063 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3465 on: April 16, 2021, 09:54:02 AM »
I have to be careful with a lot of aerosol sprays too.  If I inhale too much I'll start to cough and I've even gotten sick from the chemicals in spray on hair color before.

BlackCurtains I hope you figure out what's going on with Instagram. 

Today's complaint: It has been damp and rainy for 2 days.  The ground is muddy so every time my dog goes outside to take care of stuff I have to wipe her feet and legs when she comes back in because she gets muddy.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3466 on: April 16, 2021, 11:24:18 AM »
i'm tired and annoyed today. that's all
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3467 on: April 16, 2021, 02:12:58 PM »
Thanks Ponyfan. I found some helpful links and I have an account now :)

I've had a headache all day and my tooth hurts.

Post Merge: April 17, 2021, 12:05:32 PM

Not very trivial but I bought external HDDs for my PS4 and PC. The one for PS4 worked without any issues whatsoever. I was able to transfer my games over no problem. The one for PC... I have dedicated backup software, Acronis True Image. I do not recommend it. It has given me problems for months. It would stall during backup of my old drive. The new drive, it got about 400gigs copied and then I got a "backup error". That's it, that's all it said. What error? Don't know. I'm sick of dealing with Acronis so I decided to wipe the image and start over with Windows 10 backup.

It gives absolutely NO information. It says "backing up your data..." the drive's light is flickering and I can feel it moving. But other than that there's no idication that it's working. No estimated time, no amount of data copied. Nothing.

I'm extremely frustrated. I just want to backup my computer :(
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 12:05:32 PM by BlackCurtains »

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3468 on: April 19, 2021, 08:12:59 AM »
It's me again. I woke up with a migraine, a bad one too, with nausea and everything. I took some headache medicine and stayed in bed until it dulled enough for me to function.

I'm still having problems with my computer. Today it wanted boot media. I know I made a CD a long time ago but couldn't find it. Weirdly, after I hit Esc Window loaded fine. Something is wacky in my set-up. And I still can't get any software to back up onto the new drive. I think it might be bad so I'm going to look into returning it today. I'm also going to purge a bunch of stuff from my main HDD, make a little more space, before switching out my hard drive. Ideally, I'd like to have it backed up but at this point I just want the new drive installed.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: April 19, 2021, 10:32:11 PM »
My friends and I play dnd and other table top games whenever we can. Since the group seemed to have much fun with my first time running a game for Christmas, I decided to try and write a longer campaign. I have the first session writing and art done, and am working on the second, with mere ideas and sticky notes for everything beyond that. We haven’t started playing yet, but we are scheduled soon.
As an artist, I have also taken it upon myself to draw all the tokens, backgrounds and items for the game. Quite the experience! But now I’m finally taking the big bad evil guy from my writings and jot notes into a visual form. And...none of what I’m developing looks right! Since this is the big bad, I want this to look and feel the part perfectly. A true villainous mastermind! But everything I’ve made looks either goofy, gross (undead things really don’t do skincare) or just plain weird. Not quite what I’m looking for.
 I don’t usually get this frustrated over a character, but he is driving my nut in! I think I’ve taken like...fifty tries at this and I feel like going in circles!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3470 on: April 20, 2021, 04:30:03 AM »
Let me have a small complain about the DWP.

This is the organisation that deals with disability benefits, among others, in the UK. (badly, may I add).

My PIP benefit was court awarded by tribunal in 2018 and backpaid. But it expired on 26th March. Because of the pandemic I thus have zero income right now...fortunately my parents aren't inspired to evict me, but because of their shielding and other stuff like vaccines it won't be possible for me to safely look for work or at moving out till June at the earliest.

After we sent in all the form and stuff, we had a call asking about stuff like assessments and the person said she'd call back in a couple of weeks to check details. She never did. We've contacted them twice, but they said it was still in progress.

Then today, a dreaded brown envelope arrived. It's not an exaggeration when I say I was (and still am) physically shaking at the sight of it. That's the level of deep trauma the last PIP claim left me in, and the very fact that I have to keep reclaiming when I have a permanent disability that's triggered by stress is kind of ironic...

But the letter today was just them telling me they now have enough data to make a decision and would be in touch.

Well, thanks a lot for scaring the heck out of me for no reason. And also, stop spending the tax payer's money on unnecessary letters to traumatise disabled people.

...My last claim took me a year to get passed because they first ignored then secondly cherry picked my evidence and withheld assessment documents from me until it went to tribunal, when they had to give all the evidence to the court. The court found in my favour, but I really don't want to have to go through another year like that again. Hence the feeling of dread at the sight of the envelope...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: April 24, 2021, 06:43:38 PM »
Today was supposed to be a fun trip to Orlando, I finally was able to get a weekend off! Myself and my roomies got in the car and went! At first it was a great time for the first few hours, then we went to the mall and pretty much the mood tanked. My roommate was no longer having a good time, when we ask if he was okay he said he was fine, which he obviously wasn't.
We tried to make our mall trip quick so he would feel better but nothing... he was having an overall tantrum. The rest of the trip felt ruined and awkward, I just wanted to jump ship and be left somewhere.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3472 on: April 25, 2021, 06:55:55 AM »
Inspections start tomorrow. I wish they'd told us sooner. But I suppose, it being sprung on us is sort of the point. We're supposed to have at least one window free from anything and my bedroom window still has boxes in front of it. I need to move them. Then just general cleaning up. I'm really nervous though. My building is building #3 so I wouldn't be surprised if they come tomorrow but I'm hoping I get another day. It's hard for me to vacuum and I'd like to mop the floors too.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3473 on: April 25, 2021, 08:59:24 AM »
i think my eyes are getting worse. i've always had good vision and haven't needed glasses. but in the last year i've noticed that i'm making mistakes because i just don't see things. a few days ago i almost made a wrong turn because I misread the street sign. i don't know if its my eyes or if i'm just having trouble focusing. i definitely need to get my eyes checked soon. i haven't been to the eye doctor in 15 years i think.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: April 25, 2021, 11:08:50 AM »
I woke up this morning to SNOW!  GLORIOUS SNOW!  *stops evil laughter*  I am not pleased about how we get water in springtime LOL

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: April 26, 2021, 04:36:11 AM »
Has anyone here had a blood test taken (non-covid related) after the pandemic started? How long did it take to get your results? My doctor said he'd call me, but it's been 3 weeks and still nothing. He's no doubt got a lot on his plate right now, so it's not like I want to phone him down and cause a bother... Still, I feel kind of left in the dark about my, uh... unidentified medical issue :huh:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3476 on: April 26, 2021, 07:15:50 AM »
It takes about 2 weeks for my blood tests to come back. And the lab is in my doctor's office. I would give him a call. It's your test results after all.

---

It's inspection day and only an hour has gone past :drunk: I'm going to be a wreck until they get to my place. They're doing it today through the 30th, 9am-4pm. Glad I have anti-anxiety meds!

eta: my PC is working fine now, btw :)

eta#2: Inspection has been done. Whew!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 12:45:56 PM by BlackCurtains »

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: April 26, 2021, 09:36:16 AM »
Has anyone here had a blood test taken (non-covid related) after the pandemic started? How long did it take to get your results? My doctor said he'd call me, but it's been 3 weeks and still nothing. He's no doubt got a lot on his plate right now, so it's not like I want to phone him down and cause a bother... Still, I feel kind of left in the dark about my, uh... unidentified medical issue :huh:

My blood tests always come back within 48 hours, even after the pandemic started.  If I were you I would definitely check with them!  You can probably reach out to the administration instead of the doctor himself.  Hope you get a useful result. ^.^
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: April 26, 2021, 12:09:34 PM »
I had some business to attend to on the other side of the town today but I only had a one way bus ticket, I figured I would just buy the return ticket from the driver but it wasn't until the bus was already pulling up to the stop when I realized it's no longer possible due to covid, and there wouldn't be another bus going my way for almost an hour :scared:
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3479 on: April 27, 2021, 07:54:42 AM »
The phone woke me up. I remember saying 'okay' and 'no problem' but I can't remember what the guy said. I don't know what I said okay to.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal