collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 465590 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3450 on: April 15, 2021, 06:39:26 AM »
Thanks BlackCurtains.  I'm feeling a little better but I'm still sick.

I've been really down today.  Nothing has gone like I thought it would for the  past few weeks.  :(  I shouldn't let it get to me but it does. 

Also, went looking for Daiya spoilers and accidentally encountered the lunatic element of the fandom.

I made a quick retreat.

Sorry you encountered that part of the Daiya fandom.  I was reading a fanfiction the other day and ran in to 

Spoiler
some fan ideas about how Eijun feels about the way Ochiai treated him that aren't supported by canon.

Ponyfan

TBH, my first experience of the Daiya fandom was the lunatic aspect.
Spoiler
I don't mind so much in fanfic, I mean, fanfic allows people to have their own perspective and rewrite a story if that's what they want to do. I see a lot of AU fics for Daiya, often things like rock bands or whatever, and I can handle that. The people that bother me are the ones who detach from reality in discussions about the actual manga, and then act like it's personal. FOr example, I once saw someone write a vitriolic hate post of the teacher Oota because he likes Nori better than Eijun. I mean, seriously disturbing stuff. Eijun's fans are actually the most delusional, although not all of them. Just some of them. The ones that scream loudly that everything is anti-Eijun if he's not in absolutely every scene.

Two things to add today.

Yesterday, got divebombed by a queen wasp in the bathroom. Today, had to wage war on greenfly taking over the flowers on one of parents' cacti. With the ants, it's really us vs nature right now.

The other thing...conflicted with what to do on another forum site. They keep talking about improving inclusivity and diversity while at the same time completely ignoring the issues raised by disabled users regarding things like contrast and other stuff. I am not undermining their other case, but am literally fed up with people holding discussions on diversity like it doesn't apply to disabled people. But I know that if I post something I'll probably end up having a complete meltdown over it because those kinds of confrontational situations scare me so much.

I want people to be more aware, but I'm afraid of stepping into a discussion to raise that awareness, because I have already seen two autistic/neurodiverse people experience abuse for simply being themselves and being obviously misunderstood.

I really don't feel comfortable with this selective approach to equality. But I am also genuinely afraid to get involved because I'm way too sensitive to such things.

I just wish that it didn't need to be pointed out. But that's the world we live in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3451 on: April 15, 2021, 07:25:52 AM »
Taffeta, i'm a web developer and it's so depressing that most companies don't really care about making their products accessible for everyone. they really only improve accessibility when they are going to get sued or actually get sued. even then they only do the minimum to not violate the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)

usually these fixes are pretty easy but there's such a lack of empathy.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: April 15, 2021, 07:26:23 AM »
I'm sorry you're having to fight bugs and deal with people treating other people like that on a different site. Taffeta.

TBH, my first experience of the Daiya fandom was the lunatic aspect.
Spoiler
I don't mind so much in fanfic, I mean, fanfic allows people to have their own perspective and rewrite a story if that's what they want to do. I see a lot of AU fics for Daiya, often things like rock bands or whatever, and I can handle that. The people that bother me are the ones who detach from reality in discussions about the actual manga, and then act like it's personal. FOr example, I once saw someone write a vitriolic hate post of the teacher Oota because he likes Nori better than Eijun. I mean, seriously disturbing stuff. Eijun's fans are actually the most delusional, although not all of them. Just some of them. The ones that scream loudly that everything is anti-Eijun if he's not in absolutely every scene.

I see.

Spoiler

The one I was reading got to me because in the story Miyuki and Eijun had a misunderstanding and some readers felt like Eijun was too quick to forgive Miyuki after he learned Miyuki's reasons for doing the things that upset Eijun. 

To justify why he forgave Miyuki so quickly the author used the interactions between  Ochiai and Eijun during the yips and basically said Eijun must have forgiven Ochiai for for  things because he's still speaking to him.  I just can't see Eijun overlooking Ochiahi trying to ruin his pitching among the other things he did.

I've seen a few of those people that always complain when we don't see Eijun in the scenes.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: April 15, 2021, 08:02:42 AM »
Thanks guys. It is true...when I worked with the kids at the college for those two years I learned about a lot of stuff that they needed which people just aren't aware they can implement.

But in this case it was the userbase that was annoying me. They were chirping about equality and inclusivity while at the same time not including the accessibility issues as important stuff to change.

The staff also have responded to posts about other diversity issues, but even though there are people who have to highlight text on the site to read it, as yet nothing for those people to cling to.

I just feel like diversity should apply to everyone, not just some groups. I absolutely agree with better gender, race and sexuality awareness on any platform. I just don't like that disability gets left out.

@Ponyfan - believe me, if I tackled all the crazy in this thread, I'd break the thread. The stuff they write about Miyuki is bad enough, but the stuff they write about Furuya is just...*sigh*.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3454 on: April 15, 2021, 08:07:49 AM »
Sorry you have to deal with bugs and ants... I think everyone knows my stance on ants.

Regarding people with disabilities, yeah I agree. It seems to stop at wheelchair ramps and large public bathrooms or brail on signs. No one really acknowledges people with anxiety or depression or something else that's "invisible". Like virtual meetings could have been being done for years but it takes a pandemic for companies to put it to use.

My complaint is they are powerwashing the building and using bleach. I'm extremely sensitive to bleach. My windows are closed and the A/C is on but the smell has filled my apartment. I'm feeling lightheaded and nauseous and I can taste it in my mouth. When I still lived with my parents and sister, they would all use bleach for laundry or cleaning. I told them dozens of times how it makes me sick and to please use an alternative. They just laughed and ignored me and kept using it. Every time they would I would hide under my blankets, trying to block the smell. Since I've moved I don't use anything with bleach. It's not allowed in my apartment. I don't have a washer and dryer but if I did I would use hydrogen peroxide, which is better for the environment too.

I just hope he gets done with my building soon so I can spray Febreze and hopefully get rid of the smell.

Also, we got letters that said to move things out of the way and if we didn't we'd get a $25 fine. I have two plants and a metal folding chair on my balcony and I moved them away from the side of the building, but the guy is standing downstairs and just aiming it up here, getting my chair wet. I don't care about the chair (it'll be fine) but are they in the way? He's spraying the railings on my balcony too. Now I'm worried I'll get the fine :(

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: April 15, 2021, 09:10:07 AM »
Sorry you have to deal with bugs and ants... I think everyone knows my stance on ants.

Regarding people with disabilities, yeah I agree. It seems to stop at wheelchair ramps and large public bathrooms or brail on signs. No one really acknowledges people with anxiety or depression or something else that's "invisible". Like virtual meetings could have been being done for years but it takes a pandemic for companies to put it to use.

Exactly. It gets wearing being inconvenienced or flat out punished for having a different set of requirements that other people are too lazy to fulfil (while they preach about equality and empathy and other things they don't really understand).

Cranky Taffeta out.

On the subject of the bleach, ugh. I hate bleach too, it's really intrusive. And if the guy is recklessly spraying your stuff, why should you be fined? I don't really understand their logic - seems a bit mad to me.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: April 15, 2021, 09:50:39 AM »
I'm still sick and frustrated that although the medicine is working it's not working as fast as I had hoped.  :(

I'm also sensitive to bleach. The last time my dad used a lot of it to clean I was almost sick.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:58:13 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3457 on: April 15, 2021, 11:41:43 AM »
Oh look, it's me again.

I got a bad headache from the bleach but it's finally starting to go away.

I have a wound on my side and have been covering it with medical pads and what is supposed to be non-allergen tape. Everything was fine until today when I looked at it, I'm breaking out in a rash where the edges of the tape are. It itches and hurts really bad. I know I'm allergic to medical tape but I got this because it said it won't cause allergies :mad:

None of my packages came in the mail today :cry:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: April 15, 2021, 11:53:17 AM »
I'm allergic to latex and can't use Band Aid brand stuff because even though the packages say they don't contain natural rubber latex I itch and break out from them.  NexCare brand doesn't make me break out though. 

Ponyfan

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3459 on: April 15, 2021, 12:34:53 PM »

I'm also sensitive to bleach. The last time my dad used a lot of it to clean I was almost sick.

Ponyfan

Wait, some people don't get irritated by bleach. i thought it was just normal that i nearly pass out every time i clean the bathroom with bleach.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: April 15, 2021, 01:45:35 PM »
And yet again someone hasn't shown up for their shift today so I have to cover part of it.  I can almost guarantee they won't show up tomorrow, either, so I'll get stuck doing it tomorrow, too.   

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: April 15, 2021, 03:08:24 PM »
I took some cough medicine and now I'm drowsy.  :zzz:

Another smell that I'm really sensitive to is cigarette smoke. I think I'm allergic because everyone time I smell it I start coughing.     

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:11:35 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3462 on: April 15, 2021, 03:38:16 PM »
Well, I ate and just like the other day I feel sick. It was my usual cheese and tomato wrap. I must be having a gastritis flare up.

I'm sensitive to cigarette smoke too which is funny because I used to smoke. After I quit I had to get rid of some stuff and furniture because the smoke smell was so strong.

Lysol makes me sick too. It burns my lungs and eyes. I use white vinegar (that smell I don't mind) for disinfecting and cleaning the countertops and stuff. My sister would spray Lysol in the air conditioner so it would come out the vents. I hated it.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: April 15, 2021, 08:02:13 PM »
I ran to 4 different stores yesterday looking for a pair of green pants for my son; he needs them for a school project tomorrow. Never found them. Spent all afternoon/evening dying a pair of khaki cargos I found at a thrift store. At least there is some use for that neon Rit dye I bought last week that didn't dye ponies very well! I imagine I'll be up till all hours working on the shirt he needs.

I'm super smell sensitive...I picked that up during pregnancy and it never went away. I couldn't even walk past the cleaning product aisle at the store without wanting to throw up, and it's not much better now. Lysol makes me gag, and the 'clean linen' smell of some Glade Plug-ins will drive me out of the house if someone has one.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3464 on: April 16, 2021, 08:39:11 AM »
Um, okay? I tried to sign up to Instagram but it says the username BlackCurtains is already being used (darn it) so I put in blkcurtains instead and that name is available but then it said my email already belonged to a user. Okay. Maybe I signed up in the past and don't remember? I go to forget your password, put my email in and it says "no users"

Eh??? My email is being used by someone AND there are no users with that email? I did it a couple of times thinking I had typo'd. Nope. It rejects my email then says no users have it.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal