collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 466362 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3225 on: January 21, 2021, 02:33:55 PM »
Nothing is "wrong" with you.  :hug:  You just ate more than you should have.  You know that you did it, and next time you're tempted to do the same, you can remember how you felt this time and do it differently next time.  There's nothing wrong with the occasional change up in what you're eating.  I know people that have tried to lose weight eating nothing but green vegetables and chicken.  It works for a while but then they get sick of chicken and green veggies and end up going off the deep end eating true junk food and undo everything (we're talking gaining 10 lbs. on top of what they originally lost) before they try another diet that doesn't work for them.  Keep going and don't beat yourself up over one day of not following a strict diet.

I've been slipping up in my weight loss journey as well because of the holidays and need to get back to counting calories because that seemed to work for me.  I actually haven't tracked what I've been eating since Halloween and have gained back a little weight but I think I can get it back off again if I lay off the holiday food.

Thanks :hug: I bookmarked this page so the next time I crave pizza I can look back and remember that that is NOT a good idea. Even if I don't eat it all in one sitting and saved half for another day, I'm still eating a whole pizza by myself. That's not good.

Good luck with your weight loss too! I'm making vegetable or fruit smoothies everyday with my Nutribullet and having something light for dinner. Trying not to snack, which is easy since there's nothing in the house to snack on :lol:

Regarding my package saga - I got a replacement coming for my cat tree, the box mail-opener-lady says was picked up to be re-delivered to me. Speaking of her, she did open the box I did get but she didn't tamper with anything inside the box. Talking to her I got the impression she wasn't 'all there'. So... I'm letting it slide. I got all my stuff minus the cat tree. The replacement should be here Saturday. We'll see.

Annnnd today's complaint is just it was a bad day and I have a headache, my back and legs hurt, and my allergies are acting up again  -_-

...and I made a new page :shakefist:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: January 21, 2021, 02:55:10 PM »
Pony mail showed up today...the pony had an undisclosed haircut. It's not the very front piece, but a few plugs back. It looks kind of like she has a mullet. :crazy:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3227 on: January 21, 2021, 03:44:02 PM »
We had snow last night, but it had all melted by this morning. I wanted to go play in it :P
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: January 21, 2021, 05:21:29 PM »
We had snow last night, but it had all melted by this morning. I wanted to go play in it :P

Where I live we had about a week of heavy snowfall and everything was covered with a thick layer of snow, and then it got warmer and started raining, and now there's just gross slush everywhere >_<
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: January 22, 2021, 06:01:47 AM »
Trying to organise my disabiliry claim and turns out the local GP failed to update some information on my record from 16 years ago. It relates to my disability diagnosis being confirmed, so it's very important. I have the confirmation letter. THEY apparently have it, as well. So they know that it should be on my record.

So today they were meant to phone us to say they'd managed to update the record and hopefully sen d me a corrected print out. Did they phone? Nope.

But that may also have been because mum decided that it would be a good idea to tell sister to call at lunchtime instead of this evening because of the delivery...

I have no idea if they tried to call or if they just didn't bother, but I have a deadline on my claim being submitted and right now I am missing an important piece of paperwork because someone didn't do their job 16 years ago.

I could just send the information we have with the confirmation letter, but the DWP on my previous claim cherry picked words from my evidence and discarded the rest. There's a big risk that if I send them the current incorrect form they will use the mistake as a reason to deny my whole claim. Because that's how they operate.

So I am now apprehensively waiting to find out if I will have the documents I need, and if they will be corrected, in time to meet the DWP's deadline.

Bear in mind that the DWP already know I have autism and already know how it affects me. Also that it is permanent. And that they have a court tribunal ruling which supports  that fact. But they still demand I do it over from scratch just in case I have been magically cured in the meantime.

I’m sorry, Taffeta :hug: I hope everything gets worked out correctly.

It’s been a very stressful week for me.

Spoiler
My dad ended up going to the ER on Tuesday. He went to a free standing ER/urgent care instead of one connected to a hospital. He is doing okay now but there were a couple of times I was afraid he would need to go back.

My dad has been extremely demanding this week. Nothing I do is right or pleases him even when I do exactly what he wanted.  He’s also made hurtful comments. I’m trying to overlook it because I know he’s not feeling well but it’s hard. 

Also work ran out of the nice hand sanitizer and replaced it with terrible stuff that is sticky and smells bad.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 08:21:55 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: January 22, 2021, 10:44:45 AM »
Ponyfan, sorry to hear about -

Spoiler
your Dad being unwell and that his illness is making him act cranky towards you, it's such a difficult thing when a loved one seems to act so hurtfully when all you want to do is try and help!  :hug:

Taffeta, I hope the pen-pushers sort themselves out, that really is NOT on, 16 year old error? Crazy...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: January 22, 2021, 10:56:24 AM »
There was someone screaming for help, sounded like a little kid. I know kids can scream bloody murder for the stupidest reasons, like my 2 yo cousin sounds like he's being killed whenever he's told No. But the tone seemed wrong, so I called in case anyone needed help. I guess it was nothing and I wasted the officers time. I feel really dumb.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: January 22, 2021, 12:24:34 PM »
There was someone screaming for help, sounded like a little kid. I know kids can scream bloody murder for the stupidest reasons, like my 2 yo cousin sounds like he's being killed whenever he's told No. But the tone seemed wrong, so I called in case anyone needed help. I guess it was nothing and I wasted the officers time. I feel really dumb.

But if it had been something terrible and you didn't call in you would have felt awful.  So better safe than sorry and maybe the kid will learn not to scream when it isn't important.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: January 22, 2021, 12:42:09 PM »
New drama starts tonight on TV that I really want to watch but it has very adult content, so not suitable for a young child... so guess who has followed me downstairs and now upstairs to sit with me?
Looks like I'll need to watch this tomorrow morning while she is home-schooling in another room...  >_<

But if it had been something terrible and you didn't call in you would have felt awful.  So better safe than sorry and maybe the kid will learn not to scream when it isn't important.

Agreed! Better safe than sorry!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3234 on: January 22, 2021, 01:45:49 PM »
I'm sorry, Ponyfan :( :hug:

The ants were back in my cat's food :mad: Maintenance came and sprayed the other day but at the time I wasn't sure where the ants were coming from. Turns out they were coming from a wood joint at the top of the door, crawling across the wall, down the side of the door and to the floor by the food. I was able to buy some Raid ant killer at the store yesterday so I sprayed the whole thing all the way around and the door next to it (which is my food pantry - I certainly don't want them going in there!). The doors the food is in front of are for the washer & dryer, that I don't have, so it's just storage for now (incase anyone wondered why I had food by a door).

I hope that takes care of them. I think the tiny sugar/grease ants are too small for some poison to work on them, like the botanical stuff maintenance uses. Raid is a little more deadly :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: January 22, 2021, 02:25:43 PM »
Have to wait tomorrow for two games to download on my PS4, re downloaded Abe’s Odd World New ‘n Tasty and brought Detroit Become Human (a game I wanted when it first came out.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 02:28:55 PM by bright rabbit 1 »

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: January 22, 2021, 10:00:09 PM »
My brother and his wife are stopping to spend the night on their way through town.  Last time my brother was here it took me 3 hours to clean my bathroom because he doesn't use the toilet so much as mark it as his territory.  My dog leaves less of a mess on the fire hydrant...  :yucky:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: January 23, 2021, 04:19:09 PM »
My brother and his wife are stopping to spend the night on their way through town.  Last time my brother was here it took me 3 hours to clean my bathroom because he doesn't use the toilet so much as mark it as his territory.  My dog leaves less of a mess on the fire hydrant...  :yucky:

I'm sorry, but eww.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: January 23, 2021, 05:15:10 PM »

I'm sorry, but eww.

It's been an issue so long that my younger brothers sit because they got tired of being blamed for his mess.

Today's complaint it that I have to spin Pokestops in order to get the Pokemon I need in Pokemon Go.  The issue is that I have to drive 20 miles to get to the nearest Pokestops that have the challenge I need. I live in the middle of nowhere but can't suggest Pokestop locations until I level up three more times, which takes forever because I don't have easy access to raids.  If the weather isn't awful tomorrow maybe I'll go for a drive...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3239 on: January 23, 2021, 05:15:55 PM »
Package saga conclusion - I got my cat tree today :) Just finished putting it together. Mouse is a little apprehensive but curious. I'm sure she'll try it out soon.

My complaint is I got up super early and thought I'd wait a couple hours to take my day meds... but I forgot. I took them a little bit ago, a few hours before I plan on going to bed. No wonder my stomach has been bothering me and I have a headache that won't go away. Duh.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal